Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 5:14 AM
Default Associating buffs with already existing objects
Basically I'm trying to find out how to take an object and give it the chance of having a buff applied after use. I like to play homeless/apocalyptic scenarios, and wish I could have my sims bathe in tub that gave the equivalent of the 'cold shower' buff, to simulate not having hot water. I don't necessarily want to create a brand new buff for that; I'd be fine just using the pre-existing 'cold shower' one.

I've used S3PE to look through the files of both custom content objects and objects already in the game, and I can't find any reference linking them to the buff files. All I've really found is that the 'cold shower' buff is associated with 'cheap' showers, but I don't know what reference point the game uses to determine which objects that applies to. My modding experience doesn't go much past xml tuning and string table editing, so this may be a bit over my head, but I feel like if someone can point me in the right direction I might be able to figure it out eventually. Thanks in advance for any tips :D
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 3:48 PM
Hi alizzzard,

unfortunately the way the buffs are assigned in this case is in the C# Script where Cheap Shower and Basic Shower override the Chance to apply the ColdShower Buff. So to my knowledge there is no way without scripting (althoug scripting this would be quite easy, although setting all the c# stuff up is a bit of work)

What are your plans have you cloned objects to use in your world or do you use the default Game Objects ? If you have your own objects cloned i could write the script for you and or show yo how to do that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 9:15 PM
Right now my favorite tub to use is lisen's budget tub (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=418119) since it just kind of looks like a plain wash basin. If I could clone that to have a cold shower/bath buff, that would be ideal. And thanks for the offer - I'm very interested in learning how to do the scripting myself!
Space Pony
#4 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Battery : 28th Oct 2018 at 11:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alizzzard
Right now my favorite tub to use is lisen's budget tub (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=418119) since it just kind of looks like a plain wash basin. If I could clone that to have a cold shower/bath buff, that would be ideal. And thanks for the offer - I'm very interested in learning how to do the scripting myself!

alright i have looked at the shower. the good thing about that is, that you can change the Chance to receive a cold shower via xml tuning its the Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.BuffColdShower.kChance . (You could also set that value ingame with the nraas retuner mod)

I must admit that i somehow forgot, that bathing dont give you the cold SHOWER moodlet regardles of the tub. So its still doable for the tub.
I will create a script and tell you how that works/ how to do that on your own, if you are interested.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Battery
alright i have looked at the shower. the good thing about that is, that you can change the Chance to receive a cold shower via xml tuning its the Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.BuffColdShower.kChance . (You could also set that value ingame with the nraas retuner mod)

I must admit that i somehow forgot, that bathing dont give you the cold SHOWER moodlet regardles of the tub. So its still doable for the tub.
I will create a script and tell you how that works/ how to do that on your own, if you are interested.

I do have the nraas retuner mod, so I'll play around with that. As for the tub part, that's what I'm really interested in, so I'd be grateful for any assistance with that
Space Pony
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 8:54 PM
So im back ! ^^

Unfortunately this was way mre complicated than i hoped for but i managed to create a hackish solution for the Bathtub.
I have attached the dll you need to include into your bathtub.

You can include the dll by following the steps under Adding The Script To The Package Object Modding Tutorial
but instead of KolipokiMod_TalkingTeddy.dll you need to type in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.Battery.BathtubCustomCold
if you need more help id be glad to help
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  BathCustom.7z (6.8 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Battery
So im back ! ^^

Unfortunately this was way mre complicated than i hoped for but i managed to create a hackish solution for the Bathtub.
I have attached the dll you need to include into your bathtub.

You can include the dll by following the steps under Adding The Script To The Package Object Modding Tutorial
but instead of KolipokiMod_TalkingTeddy.dll you need to type in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.Battery.BathtubCustomCold
if you need more help id be glad to help

This is great, thanks! Can't wait to try it out!
Space Pony
#8 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alizzzard
This is great, thanks! Can't wait to try it out!

Here is the ready to go package be aware that i just made the script anything else belongs to the original author this upload just to show how to edit object scripts.

Heres the process for anyone whos interested in how to change the script of an object with an custom script in an dll
1. open the package in S3PE 2. click resource->add
3. select S3SA 0x073FAA07 under type
4. type Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.Battery.BathtubCustomCold under name and click on FNV64 ( should result in instance 0x57EBEE0F7BFCD5D2) (or your script namespace if you want to do something else)
5. type 0 under group
6. right click on the new enty with the tag S3SA->Import DLL->select the dll i have uploaded->click ok
7. right click on the objk->edit objk->script sting enter "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.Mimics.Battery.BathtubCustomCold" and save (or use your custom dll)
8. save your package file
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Lisen_VeryCheapBathtub_modified.7z (141.4 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content