Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 3:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Camera Swing Issue
On one lot when I press 9 while in TAB it swings me quickly to the front of the lot foundation height. I was thinking it somehow had a camera setting saved. I looked that up and see Ctrl 1-9 sets those but can't see anything about removing them. I tried Ctrl 9 and Shift 9 but it's still happening and driving me crazy since 9 is my Fraps key and it makes me dizzy plus half the time I am not getting the picture that I want. I don't want to set my camera positions just undo it. It doesn't happen when TAB is not on making me wonder if it is camera saved positions or something else entirely. This is a downloaded lot so I am wondering if it's stuck that way forever.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:09 AM
The only way I know to remove camera angles is to save a new one.

Solution: Set a different key for Fraps, one key or a key combo that doesn't do anything ingame or something important out of game. Using shift+letter isn't good, only a number or ctrl+number isn't good, tab isn't good... basically anything that does something ingame when not using Fraps isn't good. Shift+number might work (but I'm not sure).

I've got Printscreen + Shift for Gadwin, and that doesn't interfere with anything.

Using a key combo might be a good solution, because then the game (or your computer) is less likely to do anything weird when clicking the button combination.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:59 PM
I am going to try and see if I can set the camera position on a different spot at least. I would rather not change my hotkey since it's been 9 for a few years now. It's only this one lot. You would think it would come with an undo option on these camera positions.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~