Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 10:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problem with room service, please help!
From time to time I have problems with room service for my sims when they are traveling and staying at a hotel. I'm trying to make a room service for a group, not just for one person. The waiter comes and he only delivers a meal for one person when I want a meal for a whole group, very annoying...

Luckily this hasen't always happened to me, I have had a few times where the waiter delivers a meal for a whole group at some hotels that my sims are visiting when they are traveling, but this issue has often come up in front of me. Is there a fix or a mod that anyone knows of or another solution?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 4:32 PM
Just to be clear, you are ordering a Group Meal, right?

You should have already followed all the steps in the FAQ you were directed to before you were allowed to post. Did the problem persist when you pulled your Downloads folder?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Just to be clear, you are ordering a Group Meal, right?

You should have already followed all the steps in the FAQ you were directed to before you were allowed to post. Did the problem persist when you pulled your Downloads folder?

Yes, I am ordering a group meal when a group of 4 sims for example are traveling together and ordering room service. And to be honest, I didn't follow all the steps in the FAQ. I was so focused on trying to solve the problem and asking for help, even though I should have followed the steps.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:18 PM
That happens a lot. People don't stop to think why they're being redirected, or they quickly skim the steps and think that, because it doesn't "make sense" for their problem to be caused by something, they don't have to do the step. This code is complex enough that chaos theory applies! Nothing about it has to make sense at the macro level. Back up your game, pull the downloads folder. If the problem recurs, you don't have to work through the 50/50 because you just proved that the problem isn't in there.

The hardest thing is when the problem isn't consistent, because then you can't definitively test it.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:59 PM
HOW are you ordering the meal? Are you using the landline phone in the hotel room or are you using a sim's cell phone? In my game, room service only delivers group meals if the food is ordered from the phone in the hotel room. Room service meals ordered from a cell phone are only delivered as a single meal regardless of whether it's ordered as a single serving or a group meal. This drove me nuts for awhile until I did some testing in a mod-free game. It seems to be a bug in the game. I don't know of any fixes for it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:17 PM
All I know is that the tourists and the locals will steal plates of food when they get the chance
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
HOW are you ordering the meal? Are you using the landline phone in the hotel room or are you using a sim's cell phone? In my game, room service only delivers group meals if the food is ordered from the phone in the hotel room. Room service meals ordered from a cell phone are only delivered as a single meal regardless of whether it's ordered as a single serving or a group meal. This drove me nuts for awhile until I did some testing in a mod-free game. It seems to be a bug in the game. I don't know of any fixes for it.

I did a test yesterday. I ordered a group meal from the landline phone in the hotel room and it worked, I got a group meal instead of a single meal. Earlier this week I ordered a group meal from my sims cell phone and they delivered a single meal. I'm gonna try the same thing today. Thank you for the help, definetily useful.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 2:02 PM
If your problem is erratic and you haven't figured out how to test it, or you're not sure whether it's something gone seriously wrong or a standard game glitch that might have a workaround or a mod, there's a thread called "Stupid/Random Questions" in the main forum where you can ask range-finding questions. Sometimes things get a little buried there, but usually you can at least get a sense of whether you need to work through the FAQ, go to WCIF for the mod, or change the way you do something in the game, like here. It's often a lot less of a hassle to check in there, first. Especially when you're a little new and aren't sure that what you've got is a technical problem or a gameplay problem. I think I was playing for a couple of years before I could consistently tell them apart.

Whatever, I'm glad RoxEllen came along and told you what was up. This is one reason I keep checking in to the Help forum. You learn a lot hanging out here.