Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 7:11 PM Last edited by Angelique : 14th Mar 2018 at 7:49 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't get rid of Maxis dormies
Hi! Reinstalling the game recently, I'm trying to create a Uni hood that has no Maxis dormies. I know the procedure for deleting all main neighborhood townies, and it has worked without any problems.

To get rid of the dormies, I've tried:
- Installing empty templates for Nightlife, OFB, and Uni subhoods (correctly in the Program files folder, not Documents)
- Deleted all neighborhoods except my custom one in Documents EA Games and disabled N001 in Program files by naming it N001-bak, since I don't care at all about any Maxis made stuff.
- Installed the notownieregen and nodormieregen before creating a Uni subhood, where I've tried both adding the now clean Maxis uni template and a custom one.

Nothing has worked! Could someone help me figure out what I'm missing? I'm *this* close to killing Alicia Buckingham just out of spite, because she's always the first stupid Maxis dormie to walk onto the lot...

/Angelique
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 14th Mar 2018 at 8:42 PM.
Can you use AGS? I.E., do you have the individual disks rather than the UC or compilation disks? (Though AGS will run from at least some compilation disks, if you have two disk drives; I use it with Deluxe.) That's how I got only homemade dormies in LGU - let AGS do the work for me!

Bear in mind that the game will spawn sims it views as necessary to running the game, even with no respawn mods in, and will use the appropriate templates to do so. I for one don't know where in the program files the templates for dormies are to be found - U001, U002, and U003 are just the Maxis universities, with dormies already added, not the templates for the dormies themselves.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 8:27 PM
I didn't need AGS, but i created my own Dormies (and everyone else)
I followed this, it might have useful info for you. No dormies are being created in my game that i have not made myself. No maxis ones.
http://www.woodensimolean.com/NoMoreUglyNPCs

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 8:49 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 14th Mar 2018 at 9:01 PM.
Might look for updates and amendments on that one, though, as the author is under the impression that you can't make your own secret BV lots. What else are they not up to date on?

This tutorial will tell you everything you need to know about creating a custom subhood template for your University, so you can make one once, with your own dormies etc., and always have it available as an option when you want to add a University subhood, so you don't have to go through this over and over again.
http://modthesims.info/t/420196

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#5 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Sketching : 14th Mar 2018 at 9:24 PM.
I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question, but did you perform the procedures with an existing hood that already had dormies added to it? In that case, the dormies won't be deleted from your hood that way.

If it's a new hood, I'm not sure what's going on. I've replaced my university subhoods with clean versions and with nodormierespawn in, not a single dormie will be created unless I force the game to.

Edit: I had a similar problem once. My game somehow refused to acknowledge that I replaced a university subhood with another version and kept insisting on using a previous one that had been long removed. I'm not sure if it's the same thing you're experiencing though.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What else are they not up to date on?

One thing I know of, is that you cannot age down a toddler into a baby, and that the writer of this tutorial didn't know. So yeah. there are a few outading things in there, but where to find what and what to replace/change is pretty much accurate.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 11:10 AM
Thank you guys for your replies!

It *seems* to have been solved, what I did was to not only do N001-bak, but delete all those neighborhood folders too. Also deleted the Suburb files in my custom neighborhood, forcing me to redownload the neighborhood again. Then suddenly, pretty dormies!
I'm also gonna try the MTS guide on creating a custom subhood, thanks!

I'll update this thread again if I have more trouble (knock on wood).