Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 6:16 AM
Default Important Info About Tree of Prosperity
If you use the Tree of Prosperity and place it on your sim's lot, be prepared for your residents to never need much of anything to fulfill their motives. Just being around the tree will replenish different motives depending on what state the tree is in. Dunno if there is a mod to kind of tune that boost down, but I had thought that somehow this tree was glitching motives. It wasn't. It was just building them up, and I think I put in so many of those danged trees that they were getting kinda cheaty.

So if you do like cheating your sims' motives up and you have Lunar Lakes, then by all means, get a buncha Trees of Prosperity. They are like snapdragons, except they also boost energy and give you free skills if you eat their fruit. Those trees sure are pretty though.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 7:55 AM
TBH I use testingcheatsenabled to tweak my sims' needs on the fly, especially to reduce frustration in cases where they don't do what I want them to do (i.e. taking the long route home at 1am, entering a rabbithole with the bladder or hunger in the red, or napping on the bed at 3am instead of sleeping).

These can be rationalized in the confines of the game, and are not completely immersion-breaking (i.e. you can assume that there's a toilet and snack machine in the rabbitholes), nor are they cheaty (you can give your sim a small bump in their motives instead of filling the bar completely, so that they last a little longer).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 10:34 AM
Sometimes I actually do that. The thing is, I thought either my game or the tree itself was broken. Just turned out to be a feature of the tree... who knew?
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 3:30 AM
This is the most important information that I know about the Tree of Prosperity.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/...low-motion.html

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...e-of-prosperity

So unless you also have ITF installed, please don't have the tree installed
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 10:41 AM
Ain't there some way to create a mod that can stomp that problem? I mean, modders are creating mods for everything - including the kitchen sink. Isn't there a way to fix the tree?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 7:41 PM
Why not put that information on the wiki? It seriously lacks stuff on premium content and for stuff in general. By no means it's complete, so putting valuable information helps the site as a gamepedia it is a lot. Besides, this thread will eventually sink in other pages as time goes by, where on the wiki its a easier for anyone to find it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Why not put that information on the wiki? It seriously lacks stuff on premium content and for stuff in general. By no means it's complete, so putting valuable information helps the site as a gamepedia it is a lot. Besides, this thread will eventually sink in other pages as time goes by, where on the wiki its a easier for anyone to find it.

Agreed! SimsWiki.info could use more information in general, but it especially needs filling out on the later expansion packs and the Store content.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 8:45 AM
Apparently there are a couple of mods you can use together to keep the Tree of Prosperity from mucking up the game files.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/...low-motion.html - "Overwatch V110 and higher and ErrorTrap V94 and higher have a fix for this. You can keep the tree if you use the mods. You will need both."

Maybe those mods will help.
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 6:30 PM
I can't say I've ever had a problem with that tree, even before I had ITF in play, but I've pretty much always used Overwatch and ErrorTrap because, tree or not, saves become unplayable without them pretty quickly, so I'm guessing that's why.

Also, all my Store stuff is decrapified. I wonder if that makes a difference with this issue?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I can't say I've ever had a problem with that tree, even before I had ITF in play, but I've pretty much always used Overwatch and ErrorTrap because, tree or not, saves become unplayable without them pretty quickly, so I'm guessing that's why.

Also, all my Store stuff is decrapified. I wonder if that makes a difference with this issue?

Maybe it does, and maybe pretty soon we should all share the decrapified stuff. BTW, how does the decrapifying work? I mean, what kind of drm is in the store stuff, and how does it work?
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 10:20 PM Last edited by iCad : 12th Apr 2020 at 10:39 PM.
I honestly have no idea what decrapifying does, quite frankly. I just know that some of the Store stuff I acquired didn't work properly without it being fixed. I've also heard of people having to fix stuff even when purchased from EA, perhaps because of these very types of bugs that EA were never arsed to fix. Without fixes, the stuff wouldn't crash the game or anything, but some of the objects' functions didn't work. (With the tree, for instance, you couldn't pick the fruit from it.) So, I fixed it, as instructed. We don't really have to share fixed stuff, though. There are places to download the fixes with easy-to-follow instructions, and folks can fix their stuff themselves. It's just a couple of files that you need to keep in your Mods folder. Those who are mod-averse would have a problem, I suppose, but for the rest of us...Anyway, I somehow doubt I can post links here without a mod spanking me, even though, as I said, even stuff legitimately purchased sometimes needs fixing, but the store fixes are easy enough to find via your search engine of choice.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 1:04 AM
I honestly have no idea what decrapifying does, quite frankly. I just know that some of the Store stuff I acquired didn't work properly without it being fixed. I've also heard of people having to fix stuff even when purchased from EA, perhaps because of these very types of bugs that EA were never arsed to fix. Without fixes, the stuff wouldn't crash the game or anything, but some of the objects' functions didn't work. (With the tree, for instance, you couldn't pick the fruit from it.) So, I fixed it, as instructed. We don't really have to share fixed stuff, though. There are places to download the fixes with easy-to-follow instructions, and folks can fix their stuff themselves. It's just a couple of files that you need to keep in your Mods folder. Those who are mod-averse would have a problem, I suppose, but for the rest of us...Anyway, I somehow doubt I can post links here without a mod spanking me, even though, as I said, even stuff legitimately purchased sometimes needs fixing, but the store fixes are easy enough to find via your search engine of choice.

Maybe so, but my Kleptomaniac trait is starting to become active again.
Undead Molten Llama
#13 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Maybe so, but my Kleptomaniac trait is starting to become active again.

I think I have seen lots uploaded via Tumblr that have included CC folders with decrapped Store stuff in .package format in them. In that sense, some stuff has been/is being shared, but certainly not in a way that's easy to find. And I don't know how you make that happen, either; I'm still quite the n00b when it comes to TS3. The stuff I have is all still in sims3pack format, and for that you need to have/keep some files in your Mods folder that fixes the stuff. So, in that sense, the stuff that's fixed that way can't be shared.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 7:16 AM

I think I have seen lots uploaded via Tumblr that have included CC folders with decrapped Store stuff in .package format in them. In that sense, some stuff has been/is being shared, but certainly not in a way that's easy to find. And I don't know how you make that happen, either; I'm still quite the n00b when it comes to TS3. The stuff I have is all still in sims3pack format, and for that you need to have/keep some files in your Mods folder that fixes the stuff. So, in that sense, the stuff that's fixed that way can't be shared.

You need mods to make the decrapped stuff work?
Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
You need mods to make the decrapped stuff work?

The fixes that I used to fix my sims3pack-format Store stuff are a set of three or four package files. I believe (though I'm actually not sure!) that they need to remain in your Mods folder in order to continue working to fix the Store stuff. They're not really mods in the sense of something that changes gameplay. They're just....fixes. I would consider the files CC but not mods, personally.

Like I said, I think I have seen Store stuff in .package format included with lot uploads that I believe the descriptions said were decrapped. Like I also said, I don't know how that was done. There is a lot of info out there about fixing/decrapifying Store stuff. Most of it is/was on MATY, IIRC. If you search around, you'll find it. I really have no idea what the whole process does. I just know that I had Store stuff that didn't work, then I downloaded and applied the fixes and it now works without issues.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 9:10 AM
The fixes that I used to fix my sims3pack-format Store stuff are a set of three or four package files. I believe (though I'm actually not sure!) that they need to remain in your Mods folder in order to continue working to fix the Store stuff. They're not really mods in the sense of something that changes gameplay. They're just....fixes. I would consider the files CC but not mods, personally.

Like I said, I think I have seen Store stuff in .package format included with lot uploads that I believe the descriptions said were decrapped. Like I also said, I don't know how that was done. There is a lot of info out there about fixing/decrapifying Store stuff. Most of it is/was on MATY, IIRC. If you search around, you'll find it. I really have no idea what the whole process does. I just know that I had Store stuff that didn't work, then I downloaded and applied the fixes and it now works without issues.

I see. So it looks like MATY is going to be there for us if and when the Sims 3 Store goes out of commission. And I think EAxis knows that... otherwise, they would have taken it down by now.