Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#4276 Old 18th May 2019 at 11:37 AM
I'm still reacquainting myself with my Sims in Veronaville after several months of not playing. I was just thinking what to do with a single Sim who is looking after her orphaned half-brother. I had a look to see if she had any boyfriends and she did! I was about to invite him over and, whoops, she pops out. She's pregnant! The surprises one gets after not playing for ages.
Next in the rotation was a medical researcher and his family of wife and three children - teenage girl, young boy, and baby girl. The teenager was sick with the flu and I hoped the lethal version wasn't going to take her out (other sick Sims had not succumbed so far this round). She was fine, apart from having to go to the bathroom a lot. They all had a family dinner chatting away, then she was just heading upstairs to have a shower when her icon disappeared. Sure enough, Death was hovering over her body... I'm still in shock!
Advertisement
Scholar
#4277 Old 20th May 2019 at 6:59 PM
Stray dog Tiffany was taken in by the Baldwins, where she seems to be getting along well with Danny Crittur but not so well with the smallest dog, Tucker. Isabel Baldwin gave birth to her fourth and final child, Magdalena. Sofia waited to meet her baby sister before leaving for college, where she is majoring in Athletics and hopes to become a Hall of Famer like her Uncle Carlos some day. Poor Marcus was fired from his job for eating the wrong coloured licorice; he really wants to win the Young Entrepreneur's Award so he's looking around for something that pays better and doesn't fire people for such ridiculous reasons. Budding animal trainer Marisela is busy teaching Danny Crittur to Come Here.

Meanwhile, over at the Kat household, Samantha Kat gave birth to two gorgeous kittens, Sonny and Cher. Luckily it was Tara's day off, so she gets to play with them for a bit before sending them for adoption. Little Inigo Gere is already trying to persuade his dad to get one for him.
Mad Poster
#4278 Old 20th May 2019 at 9:57 PM
Ursula Burb gave birth to a little girl - Maria. I honestly didn't know she was pregnant or who the father was, I checked the relationship pannel though and found out she has a boyfriend - Marshall Ruben. Ooops, I had no idea. Ah well. Her and baby are happy, though I doubt she'll be going off to college now...

On the soil farm, Harmony rolled a want to get pregnant again. Her oldest son Aspen became a child, and her younger son Ocean became a toddler. Aspen went off to play with his half-brother, Windmill while Harmony taught Ocean to walk. More ducks grew up - they now have about 10, along with 2 cows, and lots of crops. Abhijeet cooked some fish and Harmony got fat - at first I mistook it for pregnancy, but then she went off to try for a baby

Trying to work out who Hector Gonzaga should marry. Originally, I intended for him to marry Celia Capp (Capp heiress)... but recently I've been debating whether she should marry John Goth instead, seeing as the Goth's are the wealthiest family in the whole hood. Originally, I intended for John to marry Celia's second cousin Cleopatra (or maybe Audrey? I can never tell the twins apart), but maybe Celia can marry John and Hector can marry Cleopatra. It would make more sense for the Capps to arrange a marriage with someone as wealthy as the Goth's, rather than a poorer middle class household like the Gonzagas. Cleopatra on the otherhand is on equal footing to the Gonzagas.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4279 Old 20th May 2019 at 10:26 PM
Manage for the ex-college half sibling kids to afford their previous generational house back that cost like a mansion, through the help of home entrepreneur ship venue or topping cash perk. Now back at home, they're doing what they been doing in their cabits-trailer lot previously: older child (Petricija) busking on her home lot, youngest (Karolina) is honing her cooking skill by serving the family, and the middle fortunate child (Antonijus) just started a yard sell back home and now selling even more stuff, in particular as of today objects they had raided back from their maxis college dorm during their dropped outs.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#4280 Old 21st May 2019 at 9:40 AM
My apocalypse sims finally topped Natural Science, which means they can have gardens and greenery at last! Here is Rusty Tones, enjoying their little patch of green...hopefully they will even get a crop before the weather turns cold again (they only have Winter and Spring, so far).
Screenshots
Scholar
#4281 Old 21st May 2019 at 3:57 PM
Everything is set up nicely in my Uberhood! I'm creating all the University pre-mades as adults, but with a twist! I'm turning most of the Knowledge ones into a type of Supernatural using Treeag's Sim Transformer. So far, I've made Klara Vonderstein and Allegra Gorey (changed to Vonderstein) related as vampire twin sisters. Castor Nova is a vampire, too. Klara, Allegra and Castor live in Emerald Heights (Downtown). Emily Lee (now Moonbeam, I made her related to Blossom Moonbeam) is a fairy like her sister Blossom living in Desiderata Valley. Tiffany Sampson is a PlantSim living next to the Greenman's in Riverblossom Hills. Monica Bratford is a Werewolf living next to Alexandra Teatherton in Riverblossom Hills. I'm excited to see what will happen with all these Sims!
Lab Assistant
#4282 Old 21st May 2019 at 7:56 PM
The last of Veronaville's descendants on campus, Antonio's and his second wife Regina's twins Sedna and Basil Monty, finished their first year. They live in one of the double houses on Danish Drive at ALT, and build the "twin triangle" together with their cousins Tardis & Ace Monty and Frida & Salvador Picasso, who all share a double house with their twin sibling too. Sedna had to clear things up with Salvador, who made his moves on her on a party which both of them attended, since she is dating Jared Starchild from SSU and wants to settle down with him (wish for engagement). I'm glad that she chose Jared over Salvador, because later's sister Frida is all over Basil since they're teenagers and I don't like the soap opera vibe of twins pairing up with other twins. Salvador is now her best friend and I think that he will be head over heels for Sofia Baldwin, once she starts university. Basil needed to learn more than his sister to get his bar full, but both finsihed their first year with A+.

I proceed to Belladonna Cove and with the Gavigans. Nathan went to work and got a promotion, and his new wife Jessica (née Peterson) had a day off and spent it skilling on her base and napping, since she decided to want a baby after all after her second marriage, and is right now in the third trimester. Isaiah had a nice day on various community lots and made two new friends, had a small party at home and left in the morning for college. His LTW is to become the law, so his major is history, and he lives in the only onepart house on Danish Drive, next to the twin-triangle. As a true popularity sim he started out with a party, joined the only frat on ALT and had a successfull first semester.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Mad Poster
#4283 Old 21st May 2019 at 9:51 PM
While I'm waiting for my own baby to make an appearance (I'm 38 weeks today and feel like a bowling ball is strapped to my stomach), I headed to Strangetown to welcome in the newest generation...

Nebula and Garret Newson have just discovered they have a baby on the way. I'm quite excited, just because I want to take a picture of all the Newson's and their children. I'm really excited to see what the baby looks like. Nebula is Vidcund's daughter, so I'm hoping although she has black hair, that she'll have a blonde recessive allele. I'm hoping though that she has Nebula's green skin, most babies born to aliens this rotation haven't been... seems the alien genes are dying out.

Joy Caliente gave birth to a little boy, Frankie Terrano. He's got tanned skin like his grandpa Lazlo, black hair like his father (and I guess, Grandpa Lazlo and Grandma Stella) and I can't remember what colour eyes, but I seriously considered Lazlo II as a name. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure on Frankie. But it'll do for now atleast. Joy got a makeover, now that she's a mother and an independent teen, I decided it was about time she looked more mature. Also it only just occurred to me now that Dina and Nina are the only sims in my game to both have triplet daughters. Weird. But I digress.

Frankie's cousin Tiegan grew up. I wasn't sure if Tiegan was a girl or a boy, and then she grew up wearing some ugly unisex clothing... but with a quick change of appearance she's now wearing a dress and has longish hair, she looks very feminine. Einstein and Wendy are still settling into life as new parents - I don't see them having another any time soon. They do however want a dog - although I'm an idiot and accidentally gave the dog to the Newson's instead.

The dog came from the Smith family. Johnny and Ophelia both rolled wants for a puppy - so Rocky was born. Rocky has a smooth tan coloured coat and was pretty cute, but they didn't really need another dog. They already have Maxx (a sheepdog whom they've had since a puppy), Fliss (pug, Max's mate) and Bear (a mix between German Shephard and white husky). Rocky was the offspring of Bear and a black lab called Fool. I remembered someone had rolled a want for a dog, so thinking it was the Newson's (Nebula & Garret) Johnny invited them over and sold Rocky to them. It wasn't. In fact, the Newson's already have a dog - Ashie. Ah well, if Ashie is a girl I guess they could be a breeding pair or I could always give Rocky to Einstein and Wendy Terrano next rotation. Sadly, shortly after Rocky was born Max passed away.

Abacus and Gloria Curious welcomed in daughter Pandora. I was not expecting those genetics! Abacus has alien skin, green eyes and black hair, Gloria has a skintone 2, brown eyes and black hair. Pandora has skintone 3 (presumably from one of her grandparents - either Don Lothario or Ajay Loner), green eyes and BLONDE hair. Blonde?! Both of her grandmothers have red hair (Chloe Curious and Alexandra Teatherton) but... who has blonde hair? According to wiki, Pandora may have gotten her blonde hair from Sarah Teatherton - her grandma's mother. How interesting

In the Loner household, Ajay and Alexandra are feeling a little lonely now that both their daughters have moved out. They've became the grandparents of two little girls this rotation, their eldest daughter Gloria had Pandora, and their youngest daughter Avril had Amber (whom I mentioned in a previous message). Nothing really much happened with them, I'm just waiting for Pandora and Amber to become toddlers so Ajay and Alexandra can form a proper relationship with them.

Nothing much happened in the Smith household. Pol Tech #9 became... 100! He's one of the only premade elders in my game still alive, the others are Luis Aspir and Carlos Contender - but both have had use of the Exilir of life. PT and Jenny decided to have some family photos taken... who knew the Smith/Curious/Terrano clan was so big?! Thank god I decided not to include spouses!

Mad Poster
#4284 Old 22nd May 2019 at 11:48 AM Last edited by FranH : 22nd May 2019 at 12:42 PM.
The Tinsel Town YA's are grinding through Uni. I'm grinding them through and now it's gotten so tedious (because they don't really want to study at all...) that I'm cheating their grades in order for them to even get through with lousy grades at all. Even with the '24' hour mod!
Argggh!
Remind me again why I wanted them to go to Uni? What was I thinking!
And this: there's three more I have to send there.

Edit: Of course it didn't occur to me that I have 'hardergrades' by AH in my downloads. Whoops. Sorry about that pixels! I corrected the problem. Now you'll all go to school and enjoy it! (me too...)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#4285 Old 23rd May 2019 at 8:35 PM Last edited by Matotty : 23rd May 2019 at 11:20 PM.
I have started a new Uberhood name and I decided to go with everything. I started a Pleasantview hood and linked to it 11 hoods more (apart from the games, I also included Viper Canyon and Stories' hoods). I feel like this will be really challenging. But I also think I'm a real masochistic.

EDIT: I already have a plan for Veronaville's families, but that'd involve alterations to normal gameplays. Will it be worth it? Maybe, I dunno.
Mad Poster
#4286 Old 24th May 2019 at 9:18 PM
Two teenage hybrid aliens from the Strangetown testing facility produced twins today. Alien Sim #1 (girl) will be used for testing purposes. Alien Sim #2 (boy) - born with pale skin and alien eyes was deemed too "human-like" (but too alien to be put in an orphanage) and therefore will not be tested on. Instead he was renamed "Octavius Sandspring" (name completely popped into my head, last name due to him being born in the sand, on the first day of spring) and dropped off at a random sim's doorstep. The doorstep in question was 15 year old teen mother (and previous abductee) Allina DeBateau-Caliente, she'll either raise him alongside her alien daughter Galileo, or give him contact lenses (so he looks human) and sends him to the orphanage. In further news, the Strangetown testing facility is no closer to understanding the reproductive powers of aliens. These two teen sims just got hit with a case of ACR.

Top Secret Researcher
#4287 Old 25th May 2019 at 12:30 AM
Some of the older generation are dying off. I've had three so far this rotation.
Taylor and Portia McCullough had reached 69 when death came for Taylor (retired mayor). Portia panicked a bit, thinking she was next and gave away the dog. She then contacted her four children, inviting them over so she could give them gifts such as portraits and career rewards. Three of her children were very grateful while her eldest son just shrugged ungratefully. He probably thought she was being miserly. She's a millionaire but only gave them objects worth a small fraction. Portia also retired from being city planner. After all that, it turns out she has a few years left after all.
Top Secret Researcher
#4288 Old 25th May 2019 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Some of the older generation are dying off. I've had three so far this rotation.
Taylor and Portia McCullough had reached 69 when death came for Taylor (retired mayor). Portia panicked a bit, thinking she was next and gave away the dog. She then contacted her four children, inviting them over so she could give them gifts such as portraits and career rewards. Three of her children were very grateful while her eldest son just shrugged ungratefully. He probably thought she was being miserly. She's a millionaire but only gave them objects worth a small fraction. Portia also retired from being city planner. After all that, it turns out she has a few years left after all.

@ yavannatw

I don't know if you want to use it {maybe you like your current set up after all}, but I like to use Inge Jones' ijDaysLeftShrubPets.package. When you click on it, this object tells you the Days Left of every sim & pet on the lot. You can find it on Simlogical.com some place, I don't recall right now what section it was in. Look for Days Left Shrub I think.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#4289 Old 25th May 2019 at 2:25 AM
Playing my old Desiderata Valley save and both of my uni-sex University households just made a Greek House! I've never made a Greek House before so this was extremely new to me! This also might help me to get back into my old style of playing, I hope! Fun, yay! Finally! LOL :D
Theorist
#4290 Old 25th May 2019 at 2:28 AM
I don't have as much time playing right now. But lately I managed to get a few things done. Stephen and Wanda Tinker had a third child, a son named Rhythm (Their children are now Melody, Harmony and Rhythm) and Gilbert Jacquet went to college and married Jimmy Phoenix.

I'm also wondering whether I have to make Melody a secondary Romance Sim, she gets like all the boyfriends and it seems like she wants to flirt with the girls too.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#4291 Old 25th May 2019 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@ yavannatw

I don't know if you want to use it {maybe you like your current set up after all}, but I like to use Inge Jones' ijDaysLeftShrubPets.package. When you click on it, this object tells you the Days Left of every sim & pet on the lot. You can find it on Simlogical.com some place, I don't recall right now what section it was in. Look for Days Left Shrub I think.

Thanks for the link but I like the uncertainty as in real life.
Lab Assistant
#4292 Old 25th May 2019 at 5:06 AM
Well, nothing in special, everything's pretty fine, the Sims in my Uberhood practically love each other. It has been peaceful lately.

(I challenge you to name all of the Sims you see in this pic but the ones who are obviously townies )
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4293 Old 25th May 2019 at 5:28 AM
Let's see Bianca Monty furthering the feud with Goneril Capp, Jessica Peterson, Patrica Wan, Mortimer Goth, and Trisha Traveler watching. (I'm not sure if that's Armando DeBateau's back and Nina Caliente in a different outfit.)
Mad Poster
#4294 Old 25th May 2019 at 10:16 AM
I recognize Alice Whitt from Pet Stories on the far right. The redhead directly above the Needs panel appears to be Fiona Fortuna from Four Corners in Life Stories. The little boy running in front of Trisha Traveler is Xander Roth from Riverblossom Hills. The man in the suit on the right talking about sculpture to Alice Whitt looks like Johnnie Cullen from Bitville in Life Stories.
Lab Assistant
#4295 Old 25th May 2019 at 6:07 PM Last edited by Matotty : 25th May 2019 at 7:34 PM.
You both got it right! :D
Now, I will tell ya what happened in my first rotation in the Pleasant family.

As for the Pleasants, since I set the day to Monday and not Thursday, Daniel’s affairs will last a bit longer. Mary-Sue got fired of her job anyway (she didn’t find out the truth about Daniel, unfortunately) and found a new one in the Law career, but now is kind of bummed out and has been in a bad mood every day.

As for Angela, she went to the prom with Dustin and their relationship has been going quite well, meanwhile Lilith just stood at home locking herself in her bedroom without even talking to Dirk. Also both of them have been getting mood swings and because of that Angela is actually wondering if she was meant to be with Dustin… or not. But when they won the “best dance award” at the prom, she knew she really was meant to be with him. They were a really cute couple, now if Daniel stopped trying to get Dustin away from her…

Lilith is a different case. The only thing is that she met a new guy at detention and they connected almost immediately. Heck, they even had 3 bolts! So yeah, Lilith, in the middle of those mood swings AND her period, she couldn’t control her hormones and went all the way on him. She’s planning to tell Dirk about it because she can’t handle the guilt at all. Not sure of what his reaction would be.

Cassandra is probably the only one that has noticed Mary-Sue has been down, so she took her for a ride in Downtown, where she thought that she would be able to cheer her up; and surprisingly it worked. She was pretty tired though, so she just slept on the floor as soon as she got home.

Back to Lilith, she had to attend Summer School the rest of the season because she failed with a D on her grades. Her dad, Daniel, couldn’t care less, but Mary-Sue, even with all the crisis she’s went through, she was still a strict mother. Angela had her whole Summer Vacation for herself because Dustin ALSO had to go to Summer School due to having bad grades and struggling with his job. So she did nothing than going shopping every day she could, or read a book or something. What a nerd.

Mary-Sue and Daniel have been enforcing their relationship (thanks ACR! I was too lazy to make them do romantic interactions) but Mary-Sue felt that something was wrong. She’s seeming suspicious of Daniel, since he’s never been like that with her in AGES. But maybe it’s her anxiety caused by her getting fired a few days ago.

But it’s actually not that, because Daniel has been having an affair with another Sim, and this time it was Marissa Cleveland! I’m actually surprised because she’s a Fortune Sim, not a Romance one, but eh, anyways. Daniel has been caught after and broke up with Mary-Sue. Mary-Sue moved with her parents and now both Angela and Lilith hate their dad. Now they agree on something, and they also are on good terms, since Lilith has been asking Angela for advice lately because Lilith has changed her mind and now wants to be a good child.

Daniel couldn’t care less about his daughters, now all he wanted is to go to Kaylynn and marry, but the thing is that he was just seeking comfort from her (because he got dumped AND he lost his job), and by that, it was actually woohooing and doing a lot of stuff. condom broke, damn Then, a few days after that, Kaylynn was pregnant.

And last thing, Angela got a job in the Intelligence career since both Kaylynn and Daniel were unemployed (and probably won’t struggle to get a job either) and Lilith started going steady with her new boyfriend Paul. :D
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4296 Old 26th May 2019 at 10:15 AM
The latest sordid gossip from my "test" Pleasantview...

Nina Caliente has her own problems. After an extravagant vacation on Twikkii Island, Nina found herself seriously in need of financial help. By a stroke of luck, she met a young marine biologist who had enough money to help her out and was also seriously smitten with her. Allen has moved in with Dina and paid off her loans. He is convinced that Nina is going to marry him. Nina herself seems to be unsure whether she's actually interested in Allen or not. Daniel Pleasant is so much fun to be around and he's SO HOT too! Time is not on Nina's side though. Allen won't hang around forever and sooner or later he's bound to either hear about Nina's misadventures, or worse - see for himself!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4297 Old 26th May 2019 at 9:05 PM
This is like, completely new, and I swear, the father is Mortimer, not an alien. Dina just had a baby with alien skin (thanks to recessive gens) and this was a 1/1000000 possibility. I'm really shocked, I've never seen this happen to anyone else but me.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Lab Assistant
#4299 Old 26th May 2019 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
That is so cool! What is the baby's name?

I named her Starlight.
I'm actually thinking about moving Dina, Mortimer and the baby to Strangetown but when Alexander goes to college the mansion will be on sale, and I don't want that. Is it possible to move a lot from the og hood to a subhood without corrupting the whole neighborhood?
Mad Poster
#4300 Old 27th May 2019 at 12:30 AM
Yes.
Step one: Put the graves in someone's inventory, or move to a community graveyard
Step two: Move everyone out
step three: Move house to lot bin
Step four: Place house in new subhood.
Step Five: Replace graves if they're in inventory.

If you're paranoid about sim references you clean it before putting it into the lot bin, but as long as you move the graves out you should be okay, really.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 172 of 351