Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4251 Old 6th May 2019 at 11:10 PM
After my hard disk failure I've started playing Veronaville again. Or at least one of its far-flung suburbs.

The disk failure lost me several days gameplay in my favourite 'hood. During those days I had created 3 new Sims and added them to my game. As there were now lost, I had to re-create them and move them in again. All 3 were female Romance Sims, who I intended to eventually live together in a sort of commune as discussed in my recent thread about alternative parenting strategies . As nothing could be recovered from the disk itself, all I had to go on was what I had posted here on MTS, and of course what I could remember. I had a picture of Steffi Hentze and Freya Hall, so their re-created versions look reasonably similar to the originals. I remembered the house they bought the first time. It was a slightly modified version of a Jones & Moltke house that I had originally made for joandsarah77's Community Spirit contest. So I chose the same house again, modified it slightly (I no longer have to stick to Jo's foundation plan), and placed it in more or less the same part of Monopolis (the Old Kent Road) as it has been the first time. This time, to try to make up to them for messing them around so much, I gave Steffi and Freya about §10,000 more than they had the first time, so they had no difficulties furnishing and decorating the house. The frontage of the house is finished in Jones & Moltkes' "Veronavillesque" mock Tudor style, but using a lighter colour for the exterior timber than is usual in Veronaville. As their company built the house, I gave Andrew and Julian §1,200 each as their share of the profit. When they moved in, Steffi and Freya seemed quite happy with their new house.

If you have to replay something in he Sims 2, you have to expect some changes, so I was very pleasantly surprised when exactly the same Sims came to welcome Steffi and Freya to the neighbourhood as the first time I'd played them. Their visitors were Milburn Pennybags, the billionaire financier behind Monopolis, and his Head of Planning, Val Briggs, who was accompanied by his wife Fay. It's gratifying to see Milburn and his team taking so much interest in Monopolis's newest residents. One interesting thing happened this time that didn't happen in the days I lost: Freya made friends with Milburn. I had intended that Steffi and Freya would form romantic alliances with some of the town's male Romance Sims, and possibly have children by them. But story-wise the idea of Freya having Milburn's child would certainly be an interesting one. Whatever Milburn (a fortune Sim of course) really thinks of Freya (who probably doesn't know the meaning of the word "fidelity"), he definitely would want to take a strong interest in his child. So I'm very tempted to let that friendship develop into something more.

As for the third new Sim lost in that crash, I had posted her name, Priscilla Hand, here on MTS, but no picture. So the best I could do was re-create her from memory. I could remember that she had long black hair, and had a very short vinyl (or possibly leather) dress in her wardrobe, but I couldn't remember her skin colour. It might have been black. In the event I made her S3, as I think it goes better with the black dress than S4! In good time I hope Priscilla will move in with Steffi and Freya, but first I'll make her a townie. At the time of posting she's still in the Family Bin.

It seems I've also lost a day playing Malcolm Landgraab IV. Steffi and Freya visited the Club Dante in Bluewater, and found it in its original condition, without the changes that Malcolm and I had made recently. So I guess Malcolm and I will have to go back soon and make those changes again.

All in all it's good to be back in the Veronaville conurbation again. I haven't met up with Andrew yet, but we ran into Gloria at the Strand Shops in Monopolis when Steffi and Freya went there to get jobs in the fashion trade. Gloria was playing pinball in the leisure centre there. Of course I asked after her son.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4252 Old 7th May 2019 at 1:43 PM
This is Oscar, he lives in the desert. His house consists of a couple of chairs, a rock, a shelter to sleep beneath and a solar panel. The shower is in a tree and he pees in a bush!

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4253 Old 7th May 2019 at 7:12 PM
The tenth child in Alexander Goth's family has just been born! Her name is Alexandrine Goth. Kelly finally seems satisfied now that she has gotten her final child, but she's moved on to greener pastures and is already impatiently waiting for twenty grandchildren.
Forum Resident
#4254 Old 9th May 2019 at 5:48 PM
I set up a new test hood because I keep getting jump bugs and crashes and other odd things. I know it's cc related, so Teston Shippley is the convenient hood built for the sole purpose of slowly adding cc back into an empty hood. I do this all the time - my other 'famous' test town was Oakley Teston, which was going great on my old computer!

Teston Shippley is shaping up well. I foolishly just 'created' 3/4 of my sims in CAS, and am already regretting it a bit, but the fourth sim I did properly and had two parents make her instead (then just tweaked the finished product). From now on that's how I'm going to start.

In any case, the first two baby girls were born - Harissa and Kamayah, and they're both super cute. Both of my male founders need to start spreading their genes around a bit as maxis townies are the bulk of the population right now and they need to be mitigated a bit. One of them has successfully gotten Christy Inada pregnant, and I'm reallllly excited about their baby. Christy is the president of the Inada banking group, and her daughter will be born in the nicest house in town.
Mad Poster
#4255 Old 9th May 2019 at 6:56 PM
I was reading the "keeping the game interesting" thread, and realized I haven't done anything with businesses. I decided to try out Florence Delarosa's home flower shop in Bluewater Village and attached it to Desiderata Valley. Its going ok as I get a hang of running a business.

Florence got a genie lamp from the gypsy and I had her wish for wealth, since the business isn't bringing in much money yet, and of course she gets a burglar when she goes to bed. Thank goodness she had a good cop and nothing got stolen, although she will occasionally stop what she's doing to be furious at the burglar.

Florence is rolling wants to get gold badges and skills but no romance wants, so I installed Cyjon's "no alien sexism" mod. Since she has the expensive telescope, she may end up with an alien baby with that mod.
Mad Poster
#4256 Old 9th May 2019 at 7:09 PM
Just on a whim I decided to have Basil and Duke (nee Aspir) Greenman adopt a toddler. Usually I move in a sim from the orphanage if I have my sims adopt, or use those that I had already put in the adoption pool, but I wanted to see if I had any toddlers left in there, turns out I didn't, and this handsome little boy named Anthony got generated. I just couldn't bare to quit without saving and choose a baby/child instead (or adopt the only toddler in the orphanage, who becomes a child this rotation I believe) so I decided to give him a little make over and he started his new life in my megahood

Nothing much happened other than that. Kaylynn Langerak became an elder, her triplets became teenagers (Carter became a romance/family sim, Hunter a knowledge sim and Savannah a pleasure sim) and toddler Marlon became a child. They couldn't afford the clothes rack I use to give them free clothes - so they're all wearing whatever they grew up in. They can't even afford to pay the $40 bill.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4257 Old 9th May 2019 at 9:30 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 9th May 2019 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Missed out her name!
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro on 1st May
I made some new Sims and moved them in last night - there are 2 couples in as well as 8 singles are in, 3 more complicated families still in the bin (hope I can move them in today).

They were awarded one cooking point each (I don't like handing out skills - they will have to earn those) which did not prevent 3 of them setting their homes on fire.

I forgot how stupid new Sims can be!
I don't like handing out free skills either. I get my new Sims to sit down with a cookbook and study it till they get that first cooking point. That's despite always placing a fire alarm above every cooker. And despite me having had Squinge's No More Fires mod in place for over 5 years now. It's a bit of a "belt and braces" approach. But I know that I never, ever want to watch somebody burn to death.

----------------00000000000----------------

The last of the 3 Sims who were lost in my disk crash has been re-created and has joined my game in Veronaville. Here she is:
With no pictures I had to re-make her from memory, and I know there are some differences from her original version. I may have changed her skin colour, and I've definitely changed her everyday outfit. The vinyl dress I originally gave her is now her Formal outfit. She spent a day in the downtown Changing Hut; I gave her a job in fashion, and then I made her a townie. Eventually I hope she will move into Monopolis with Steffi and Freya.

[EDIT] I forgot to give her name. She is of course Priscilla Hand, as I mentioned in my last post in this thread. She's Pisces (with extra personality points added using Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled.(Neat: 4, Outgoing:7, Active: 7, Playful: 4, Nice: 10).
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4258 Old 10th May 2019 at 7:48 PM
It looks like Florence will have a little green helper for her shop soon. Florence was star gazing and was abducted by aliens (a natural abduction). Since I have Cyjon's no alien sexism mod that lets adult females also get pregnant from alien abduction, I heard baby chimes.

Her home business is at level 6 right now, and is doing ok as far as money goes. She just got her gold sales badge and is now making a little more in terms of money from customer's purchases. How does inheritance of businesses work?
Inventor
#4259 Old 10th May 2019 at 8:43 PM
The business should automatically pass on to her child when Florence dies, as long as her child is still living on the same lot. I don't recall if home businesses have a deed, but if there is one she can also give it to her child before she dies.

There have been lots of teens moving on up to Young Adult in my game. As a result, more building has been done on the college blocks. The main building has been finished while other future sites have been marked out. The first dorm has been built, as well. Faith Hall (named after donator Faith Goodie) is set to house 10 sims in total. Which is good news as The Cottage Estates, where previous students often rented small apartment homes, is no longer sufficient for the influx of new freshman. Both the dorm and the main building have cafeterias, libraries, and computers, but the main building also has labs and the music and art studios. A regular house was built, to give the option of privacy to those who want it, but even though it is meant to house 4 students it went terribly over budget. The only incoming students who could possibly afford the 20K price tag are the Gavigan twins Ruth and Thomas, who moved out of their parents home with a hefty 100K to split between them. Another home might be attempted, but for now most of the new students will end up in Faith Hall.
Top Secret Researcher
#4260 Old 11th May 2019 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
The business should automatically pass on to her child when Florence dies, as long as her child is still living on the same lot. I don't recall if home businesses have a deed, but if there is one she can also give it to her child before she dies.

There have been lots of teens moving on up to Young Adult in my game. As a result, more building has been done on the college blocks. The main building has been finished while other future sites have been marked out. The first dorm has been built, as well. Faith Hall (named after donator Faith Goodie) is set to house 10 sims in total. Which is good news as The Cottage Estates, where previous students often rented small apartment homes, is no longer sufficient for the influx of new freshman. Both the dorm and the main building have cafeterias, libraries, and computers, but the main building also has labs and the music and art studios. A regular house was built, to give the option of privacy to those who want it, but even though it is meant to house 4 students it went terribly over budget. The only incoming students who could possibly afford the 20K price tag are the Gavigan twins Ruth and Thomas, who moved out of their parents home with a hefty 100K to split between them. Another home might be attempted, but for now most of the new students will end up in Faith Hall.

One of the ways I have a group of students afford to move to a house rather than one of the Dorms is to got to a Dorm and then move out as a group in order to move into the house.

Lately I have been doing it differently, now I have each Sim go to a special Dorm I set up as The Admissions Office {or something like that name} and there I have several nice items one of which is a monique's HackedComputer using it I either have the Sim take out a college loan or withdraw money from their bank account and then move out and into a house that they can now afford. I also put a Sim Blender, Sim Manipulator, Bat Box, and whatever else I like at the Admissions Office. Someone else had set up something similar and they told me about it, I thought it was great and decided to do pretty much the same thing.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
#4261 Old 11th May 2019 at 4:37 PM
Last night, the Yok family lost three Sims, all to disease. I suppose I was focusing too much on some Sims above others. RIP Malina (mother of the household), Abra (teen), and Sahir (teen, died on the night he aged up).

The screenshot refused to save, but I got one of Jack (father of the household) doing the ol' finger-guns and smiling as his wife was taken by Grim. I was, to say the least, shocked by his reaction. He only started crying after hopping out of the shower, but too little too late: Malina was already gone.
Scholar
#4262 Old 11th May 2019 at 9:21 PM
Escaped convict Ellen Furley returned home for a few hours to give birth to little Charles, but had to leave soon afterwards as she now has the death penalty hanging over her head. She has become a townie, forever on the lam, leaving Phineaus a single father but still legally married.

Phineaus had been wanting to quit his day job and focus on his career as a novelist anyway, and with Charles to care for he really didn't have much choice. He also couldn't bear to continue living in the home he and Ellen had started out in with such high hopes, so he sold up and bought Cleo and Patricia's old house. It seems way too big at the moment, especially as he hadn't the money to buy much in the way of furniture, but for now he has his desk set up in the dining room, and Charles in a crib beside it during the day. He placed a second crib in his own bedroom, so the baby is never alone and gets attention the moment he starts to fret.

They seem to be all right for now. I just hope Charles will take after his father and not his mother.
Field Researcher
#4263 Old 12th May 2019 at 10:00 AM
Lizzy Goth (née Stacks) died yesterday. She was one of my boyfriend's sims and we were trying to make close family pose for one last picture before she would inevitably pass away. Well, 6 PM hit and Lizzy died right when her son, Bartholomew, came home and before we could take the picture. Everyone cried, Jane (granddaughter) and Mordred (husband) went into aspiration failure so that's going to be fun when I play their respective houses. Bartholomew walked over to the garden and waved his mom goodbye with a smile. I felt a little weird about him not being more emotional about his mom dying with all the crying going on. The picture still got taken and the scene of his mother's death is now hanging above the couch in his living room. He's all the way to the left in the picture, but he got cut out because of him waving in a particularly sad moment.

There's also other news from the Stacks household. Right after Lizzy died, Bartholomew got his crush Adèle Rensman pregnant. It was an unexpected pregnancy (for them) and she immediately moved in. I foresee this isn't going to go well and we have a runner on our hands as soon as the baby gets born. This means Bart will have a new kid to take care of, all on his own. This will be a hard hit for him, especially after thinking he was done with raising kids after taking care of his, now adult, daughter Raquel.

Left to right, back row: Raquel Stacks (granddaughter), Mordred Goth (husband), Jane Pearson (granddaughter)
Left to right, front row: Theresa Pearson (great-granddaughter and sort of granddaughter since Bartholomew helped Nerissa and Jane out), Nerissa Pearson (Jane's wife), Jake Wolosenko (the landlord)
Forum Resident
#4264 Old 13th May 2019 at 6:22 AM
Ryan Landry is a romance sim, who was originally a dormie I ended up moving into the household.

After graduation, Ryan moved to Bluewater Village, where he proceeded to woohoo about a dozen different women, until Brittany Jayapalan got pregnant with twins. She decided she wanted to keep the the babies. Ryan didn't want to be in a relationship with Brittany, but he did want to be help her out. Brittany gave birth to daughters Lila and Riley Jayapalan. Once they got old enough, Ryan would invite them to his apartment on his days off. He paid child support, and contributed half their university tuition, but he was never really close with them.

Around the time Lila and Riley went to university, Ryan started seeing Cheryl Wendland. She's also a romance sim. A super fertile romance sim. So all those Woohoo wants turned into babies. Lots of babies. 5 boys and 3 girls: Cooper, Spencer, Ryder, Skyler, River, Tucker, Dexter and Summer- a naming theme I started to regret after the first 4. Summer was just born. She will be the last, as Cheryl is about to become an elder too.

So former hotshot playboy Ryan and his WooHoo 20 Sims LTW has spent his elder years changing diapers, feeding babies and cleaning the toilet after Cheryl's unending morning sickness. He's actually turned out to be a pretty great father. He potty trained most of of the children himself, does most of the cooking, and even kept working pretty late into life so he could provide for his family. Lila and Riley come by for all the birthday parties with their families. Skyler is about the same age as Lila and Riley's daughters, so they're all close. Even ex Brittany gets along with Cheryl.

After Summer was born, Cheryl got a "Get Married" want. Which was unexpected. They've raised all those children together without the formalized commitment, so why bother with the technicality? But I guess she's getting a little sentimental, since he is nearing the end of his days. I decided to throw a little backyard wedding ceremony. The whole extended family showed up, including Brittany, who danced with their teenage son Spencer. They did both get the red "Got married" memory, but whatever. After all this time, they clearly work. Ryan is now 98 days old, a father of 11, grandfather of 9, and great-grandfather of 1.

Now that's a romance sim kiss!

Lila and Riley

Brittany dirty dancing with Spencer
Scholar
#4265 Old 13th May 2019 at 5:33 PM
The winter virus in the rural Riverblossom Hills district was said to be a milder strain than the one that ravaged Belladonna Cove, but it certainly didn't feel that way as it claimed the lives of young graduates Tom Freshe and Emily Lee and of Priya Ramaswami. Lady Stella Roth and 8-year-old Tarun Ramaswami were also gravely ill, but Tarun was spared by his dying mother's pleas to the Reaper, and Lady Stella was saved by a chance visit from family friend Cactus Greenman, who arrived just as her fever was taking a turn for the worse and was able to put his herbal lore to good use.

Leod McGreggor's knowledge of herbs kept him and Cleo in good health, and Cleo was delivered of a baby boy they named Leonard. Smelly Cat yowled throughout the birth and now keeps approaching the crib hoping for a hug. Sorry, Smelly Cat, you'll have to wait until he's grown a bit!
Lab Assistant
#4266 Old 13th May 2019 at 9:50 PM
The rotation went to the descendants of the Summerdream family in Veronaville, after Oberon turned into an Elder on the same day as his second grandchild Hero turned into a child. Her parents, Bottom and Benedict, are officially expecting a little sibling as Bottom popped her pregnancy belly. Hero and her older halfsister Peasblossom became friends very quick after the cake got cut. I really like it that way. But now to the other Summerdreams:

Puck, his wife Sharla and their son Robin spent a lazy Saturday with a small get-together of some family friends and without skilling much. Sharla couldn't resist the chess table and gained a logic point, as expected of a fortune sim, and became friends with Othello Capp, Desdemona's husband. Robin rolled one want after another to become BFs with his friends, so I think he will inherit his father's aspiration. Time will tell.

Melody Tinker and Woyzeck, third adopted child by Titania and Oberon, had also a rather quiet Saturday and both befriended William Williamson, who walked by and felt reaaally adult since he graduated his round before. Woyzeck got demoted due to a chance card (but nothing tragic) and brought home his mum Titania, and at night Melody gave birth to their first child, a son called Leonce. During the birth Woyzeck couldn't decide between being amazed and his hobby, so he had the normal "watching birth" mimics while there was the usual whistling from sims with high enthusiasm in music in the background.

After the whole "Why the hell is Leander abducted again after giving birth to alien twins and having a pregnant wife at home?"-incident from the last Capp round starring Hermia and her alienophile CAS-husband it was really a cakewalk with the Summerdreams.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Scholar
#4267 Old 15th May 2019 at 12:13 AM
Tiffany Sampson and Edwin Sharpe made sure the SimCity Asylum did not remain without inmates too long. They were placid enough at first, but also exhibited a worrying lack of fillable wants, and so they were left to wander uncontrollably; this led to extensive speech-making due to the Ramaswamis having bought Sophie-David books at Buck's Books in Strangetown and left them around with the hope of improving the patients' mindsets. So their skills and enthusiasms were doing well from their being immured there, but eventually their needs started causing problems...cue broken toilets and a flood in the kitchen from a misused sink.

By the time it was fully dark enough for Trista Royce the intruding vampire to show up, Tiffany was holding forth on the proper organization of social structures while holding up a decorated volleyball, Edwin was attempting to convince Sanjay that the remote-controlled car the latter had tried to interest him in was a bug (spy kind, not insect!), and Priya was second-guessing whether raising a child here would actually work out. Then zombie nanny Kendal Lawson showed up, apparently just to have an aspiration-desperation freak-out on the front steps, to the great displeasure of Baron, Leader of the Pack. Sanjay tried to convince her to come in, but without the authority to commit her on the spot, he could do little but make a note to find out who this strange and clearly distressed woman was. Nervous Subject's zombies seem heartily determined to draw attention to themselves, which I don't mind.

((I've decided the critical mass of zombies has been reached and have put in Midge the Tree's zombie mods so that they are starting to behave with one purpose...which may have something to do with the Reaper's son being involved. So yes, there is a chance of a zombie apocalypse happening at this point, but unlike most depictions of it, each component of it has some personal goals that have become fixed ideas/obsessions in their altered state... Also, I'm really tempted to put in everything involving traits! They're just getting new features so fast...))
Inventor
#4268 Old 15th May 2019 at 10:03 PM
Ryan Wheeler got abducted while trying to raise his logic skill for his scientist job. As a Knowledge sim, he'll be allowed to keep the memory of it and, as Knowledge sims are wont to do, he became somewhat obsessed about being taken again. Before he managed to initiate second contact, it became clear that the first one had had some consequences. Although he has a Family secondary, he had never rolled any wants for children and I debated whether to allow it to go on. On the other hand, he doesn't seem unduly stressed over his condition and hadn't rolled any fears of having the baby. He even discussed his pregnancy with Cyd and kept rolling abduction wants after his second abduction. I decided to let the pregnancy progress, though the birth won't take place until the next rotation. While Cyd is also a Knowledge sim, he didn't roll any wants to either be abducted or for Ryan to be abducted again. Though, in his case, as an elder it wouldn't have the same results.

Isiah Gavigan and Sharla Ottomas had surprisingly rolled wants to get married in a previous turn. Their cozy little apartment home was too small for big wedding party, so it consisted of their parents plus two siblings each (even then, I had to spawn in sims). It went well despite some routing issues. The arch had to be placed upstairs in the spare bedroom and the refreshments were restricted to just wedding cake. But everyone had a roof raising time. Sharla later threw a second party for the rest of her siblings who couldn't make it to the wedding. Isiah, amusingly enough, rolled a fear of being abducted on lot load. There's no way he heard about what happened to Ryan. I'm not even certain he knows Ryan. I chalked it up to sims telepathy, the same one that causes the fear of death and a surge of baby wants when a sim in the neighborhood either dies or gives birth.
Mad Poster
#4269 Old 15th May 2019 at 11:13 PM
Morty Roth welcomed in the birth of his 3rd daughter, Amber Roth, at 72 years old. This is his first child with his second wife, Avril (nee Loner) aged 20. Amber has fair skin, grey eyes and black hair. This rotation her cousin (on her Mum's side) will be born so she'll have someone to play with, seeing as her older siblings are in their mid 20s-30s. She does however have a niece and nephew who will be turning toddlers this rotation.

Abiah Goodie married his high-school sweetheart Prudence Martin. She moved in with him and they started their lives together. They have quite a lot of money saved up. The Riverblossom Ranch was built a few rotations ago, costing $123,000 - I'm trying to consider which family will run it. It's a tie up between them or one of the O'Mackey quads (although, Suki married into the McGreggors, so it would become the McGreggor ranch). The house has quite a lot of bedrooms, so there's plenty of room for an already established family, possibly a 3 generation household - which is way more than Abiah and Prudence (and their 4 dogs) would need. I'm thinking Suki & Hywell McGreggor, their twin boys and Suki's parents Gabe and Patricia could move in?

The Viejo/Goldstein/Martin household welcomed in two kittens. Blanco (female) and Blizzard (male). They're both white... if that wasn't obvious. Well, actually they're more grey with white dots. Kind of look like they've been snowed on, which is pretty appropriate because their mother Patty gave birth in the snow. For some reason this didn't trigger Andrew's want of a kitten... weird. In fact, even using boolprop and shift-clicking I couldn't remove the want. So I shift-clicked on a few different wants to make-up for the aspiration points.

Top Secret Researcher
#4270 Old 16th May 2019 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Morty Roth welcomed in the birth of his 3rd daughter, Amber Roth, at 72 years old. This is his first child with his second wife, Avril (nee Loner) aged 20. Amber has fair skin, grey eyes and black hair. This rotation her cousin (on her Mum's side) will be born so she'll have someone to play with, seeing as her older siblings are in their mid 20s-30s. She does however have a niece and nephew who will be turning toddlers this rotation.

Abiah Goodie married his high-school sweetheart Prudence Martin. She moved in with him and they started their lives together. They have quite a lot of money saved up. The Riverblossom Ranch was built a few rotations ago, costing $123,000 - I'm trying to consider which family will run it. It's a tie up between them or one of the O'Mackey quads (although, Suki married into the McGreggors, so it would become the McGreggor ranch). The house has quite a lot of bedrooms, so there's plenty of room for an already established family, possibly a 3 generation household - which is way more than Abiah and Prudence (and their 4 dogs) would need. I'm thinking Suki & Hywell McGreggor, their twin boys and Suki's parents Gabe and Patricia could move in?

The Viejo/Goldstein/Martin household welcomed in two kittens. Blanco (female) and Blizzard (male). They're both white... if that wasn't obvious. Well, actually they're more grey with white dots. Kind of look like they've been snowed on, which is pretty appropriate because their mother Patty gave birth in the snow. For some reason this didn't trigger Andrew's want of a kitten... weird. In fact, even using boolprop and shift-clicking I couldn't remove the want. So I shift-clicked on a few different wants to make-up for the aspiration points.

When trying to get the want to be realized, you use the testing cheats and control click, not shift click. Just saying...

I don't know why they would not trigger Andrew's want of a kitten, but I think you have to adopt them and not have them born, what I would do is name them something you will remember, then send the kittens to adoption, then adopt them...I think that works. I don't know why kittens being born would not work, bad programming most likely.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#4271 Old 16th May 2019 at 5:03 AM
I've had kittens being born work. But of course there's always mod conflicts, and the game just plain zoning out.

Trent reached the Family Law level and Tina moved back in - a teen now, dating Isaiah Gavigan, and not quite the unquestioningly devoted daughter who the social workers took away, but the only sign of disaffection is her hesitance to kiss her father hello. Possibly the fact that he had to stop being Fun Pirate Dad and turn into Driven Lawyer Dad have something to do with it. But she's looking after the dogs and the greenhouse again. Her toys have been packed away and she's papered over the princess wallpaper with something a little more mature.

David Ottomas and Jacob Martin have both become regulars at sorority parties despite not taking classes. Angry at Jacob for succumbing to Helen Wheels's wiles, Jules kissed David at the most recent one, making Jacob angry enough to overcome his scruples about woohooing with Helen. He's determined to join the Riverblossom Sheriff's Department, quit his job bartending for David, and ask Helen to marry him. Can't expect a classy dame like her to marry a bartender/farmer! David's managed to make up with Jacob (who needs the bartending income until that sheriff job turns up), and has dated Jules, but is not sure about this rebound business. He knows his parents would be ecstatic if they got engaged, but he's not sure either that it's the right match for either of them, is not about to pop the question till he's sure, and doesn't think they should be canoodling past a certain point until the ring's in place. Jules finds this "ring first" business a bit old-fashioned. Which may, of course, indicate that David's right about them not being a good match.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4272 Old 16th May 2019 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
When trying to get the want to be realized, you use the testing cheats and control click, not shift click. Just saying...

I don't know why they would not trigger Andrew's want of a kitten, but I think you have to adopt them and not have them born, what I would do is name them something you will remember, then send the kittens to adoption, then adopt them...I think that works. I don't know why kittens being born would not work, bad programming most likely.

It's a button and a click. I never remember which button - always takes me a few to figure it out. Either way it worked on other wants so I know I got it right eventually.

I don't really adopted kittens/puppies in my game very often so I know it triggers with a born pet. I haven't really put anything new in my game for a bit but I also don't have kittens very often (me and my Sims are more dog people) so as Peni said it could be a conflict. I'll have to test it.

Inventor
#4273 Old 16th May 2019 at 11:06 AM
I've talked about my previous hoods before - a BG-only uberhood, some medieval/fantasy themed, the zombie apocalypse, the War: What is it Good For challenge, and I think some of the regulars here have a gist of the hullabaloo my sims get up to: haunted hostels, cramped post-apocalyptic sheds, bloopers upon bloopers, and all that.

Then there's Pleasantview.

Darren became a much ill-reputed pickpocket after constant rejections from Cassandra, while Dirk turned into a zombie who somehow managed to autonomously woohoo the Caliente sisters and nearly all of the adult townie women around while he wasn't playable. Brandi, consumed by drastic pregnancy mood swings, plunged into debt buying telescopes, going so far as to burn her house down to obtain fire insurance fees and purchase even more telescopes. She and Darren later fell into aspiration failure when they attempted to marry each other to accumulate funds, only to realize that they were both impoverished and inherited each others' debts instead. Dustin and Beau moved in with an ogre to escape their mother's madness, and said ogre became their best friend and belching contest mentor.

Dina discovered that she was an earthbender just as Nina realized that she was a firebender, yet they spent their time visiting others' houses, causing hail and breaking toilets wherever they went with their newly-acquired witch abilities. Nina, however, suddenly had an epiphany and expressed the desire to become a teacher, which Dina disagreed with, and their disagreement escalated into a sword fight in the middle of a thunderstorm that nearly killed them both. They opted to have a drinking contest to settle the bout in a non-fatal manner, but they set the nightclub on fire instead.

The Pleasant household was invaded by horkers. The less said about that incident, the better.

The local shopping center became a weapons market where an invisible Cassandra once attacked Amin Sims to vent her frustrations about Don. Deciding weapons did the job too quickly anyway, she bought potions to turn herself and her parents into werewolves instead. She took to the bottle for the night for some momentary relief and tried to hit on her father, who scolded and told her to break-dance with her bored mother. In the end, she happily married the golden trout she caught earlier that day.

Ah, the life of a test sim. What an eventful existence they lead.
Mad Poster
#4274 Old 16th May 2019 at 8:20 PM
Riverblossom Hills is always such a pleasant play-through

In the main McGreggor household, Crystal finally became an elder. I think I messed her aging up at some point seeing as her twin boys are already adults themselves and have been for a rotation or two. Either way, yeah, she's an elder now. Leod was working hard on the farm as usual, and Moira has gone up to a D- report card - which she's upset about... but it beats the F she was currently getting. I wrote in her bio that she enjoyed fishing and wanted to open a fish and chip shop in Bluewater Village when she was an adult - only problem is she is engaged to Joe Burb - who is stuck in Strangetown due to being abducted and having to raise his alien son. Will Strangetown welcome in a fish and chip shop? also where will she fish? They might have to break up, or Moira might have to change her dreams to be with Joe.

Over in the main Greenman household, school is in session as usual. Rose Greenman has always taken in the neighbourhood children and toddlers once every few rotations to teach them about plants. Mostly it's just because Riverblossom is such a tight knit community - I want to keep it like that with the younger generation. There aren't that many children in the subhood, this was the Langerak children's first visit. They've just moved to Riverblossom Hills from Bluewater village and haven't yet made any friends. Plus this is the first time Rose met her two newest grandbabies - Fiha and Anthony. Sadly the cousins didn't meet eachother - both were way more interested in the toys. Some of the kids made friends though, it was particularly good for Andrea and Kathy Ruben - who are half a set of quads adopted into seperate families at birth.

I also moved a few houses around - most noticably the O'Mackey's moved in with their daughter Suki, giving their old house to their son Ashton, his wife Cerys and their daughter Juliana. They celebrated by trying for a baby . The McGreggor family (Suki, husband Hywel, their sons and her parents) moved into the ranch I was talking about in the last post and I'm very happy. They needed a lot more roon, Fingal and Tadhg (pictured as toddlers wearing maching dungarees in the above pic) have since grown into children and a 1 bedroom bungalow wasn't ideal. The ranch consists of 1 master bedroom downstairs, 3 single bedrooms downstairs, a nursery, 1 double bedroom upstairs and another room upstairs (to be converted as needed). Suki wants 6 children, and both her and Hywel are multiples so I'm expecting atleast another set of twins if not more.

Lab Assistant
#4275 Old 17th May 2019 at 10:38 PM
Yesterday, I finally had the time and muse to continue with Veronaville's clan descendants on campus. The oldest one of Bianca and Kent Monty's kids, Dalek, decided during his third year that he needed more friends, so he started to invite every walk-by and threw a party to welcome his younger siblings on ALT, twins Tardis & Ace. I noticed that I missed giving him his second aspiration like I usually do when they finish their second year, and I think it was never that difficult to decide like with him. OTH: Fitness. LTW: Become a business tycoon. First aspiration: Fortune. His namesake, the Dalek from Doctor Who, are completely humourless creatures, so I skipped on pleasure. Grilled Cheese is not really an option with that hobby, and he never struk me as a sim who flirts a lot, plus he is fixated on his boyfriend Martin Ruben, so not romance. So, Family and Knowledge like his parents or something completely different, popularity? I decided for popularity and the mission to make him superstar on campus for his last year makes sense that way. He passed his third year in political science and has one round ahead until graduation.

His brother, one year younger half-alien Spock, threw a party to introduce his girlfriend Sarah Love to his parents, siblings and younger cousins. He passed his second year in drama and got a seconad aspiration to his first, knowledge, which is pleasure. He immediately rolled a wish for a date, so I let him invite Sarah over again, and during their date, I made this discovery . She sure knows how to spice a date up. xD

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Page 171 of 349