Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#8076 Old 30th May 2019 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Struggling to find any film & lit OTH Sims in my game...
Colton Baldwin is Fitness though. Personality is: 8/8/8/8/3.
Another fitness. Storm Powers 1/9/7/6/3.

Will update this post if I find any

I went through the Sims in the neighborhood I'm playing which doesn't have a huge lot of them and I see no Film nor do I see anyone with Games. Some don't have a set hobby at all so I'm thinking they just haven't been out yet to figure out what it is.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8077 Old 31st May 2019 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I went through the Sims in the neighborhood I'm playing which doesn't have a huge lot of them and I see no Film nor do I see anyone with Games. Some don't have a set hobby at all so I'm thinking they just haven't been out yet to figure out what it is.

If you've got boolprop activated, you can just pull the hobby enthusiasm up and see which one lights up. That's how I check my sims OTH when they haven't yet found their hobby.

As a side note, I still haven't found any Film & Literature OTH sims (though I've only been playing 1 of my subhoods. I found out that almost all of my sims living in downtown have a sports hobby. I had 1 with games, she was a taurus. I swear though, in a pool of over a thousand sims... I must have atleast one Film & Lit enthusiast that was born in game! According to the wiki, Film & Literature sims have lazy & shy personalities - which is pretty difficult to come by.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#8078 Old 31st May 2019 at 12:55 AM
I think I've given myself a cold by stressing about rotational play. LOL. Why am I stressed about it? Let's not go there again! :P
Theorist
#8079 Old 31st May 2019 at 1:34 AM
If you've got boolprop activated, you can just pull the hobby enthusiasm up and see which one lights up. That's how I check my sims OTH when they haven't yet found their hobby.

As a side note, I still haven't found any Film & Literature OTH sims (though I've only been playing 1 of my subhoods. I found out that almost all of my sims living in downtown have a sports hobby. I had 1 with games, she was a taurus. I swear though, in a pool of over a thousand sims... I must have atleast one Film & Lit enthusiast that was born in game! According to the wiki, Film & Literature sims have lazy & shy personalities - which is pretty difficult to come by.

I wasn't in-game so I just pulled up the info in SimPE. Otherwise sometimes I use testingcheats as well or whatever other mod I might have handy on a lot. The trouble with that is you have to have the Sim in question right there.
Alchemist
#8080 Old 31st May 2019 at 2:35 AM

You may know this, but it would make it really easy to see this data. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_EB_xOwEcY
Mad Poster
#8081 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 6:42 AM
I'm pretty sure part of the reason I don't like PLAYING the game all that much is that most of my Sims are from before I had much practice at creating locations, and so their homes and businesses and community lots all look woefully inadequate by the standards I hold myself up to now, and I don't have the patience to go back in and bring everything "up to code" as it were... I'd actually probably be happier if I just were to start from scratch, in a lot of ways.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#8082 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I'm pretty sure part of the reason I don't like PLAYING the game all that much is that most of my Sims are from before I had much practice at creating locations, and so their homes and businesses and community lots all look woefully inadequate by the standards I hold myself up to now, and I don't have the patience to go back in and bring everything "up to code" as it were... I'd actually probably be happier if I just were to start from scratch, in a lot of ways.

I would have thought that building them new houses would be lots of fun for you. Of course, they would all end up living in 6 story mansions. :P
Mad Poster
#8083 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 10:01 AM
A small number of mansions and they can live in groups

I have a special club for film and literature sims in my main and in my uni hood
Mad Poster
#8084 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 7:33 PM
Haha, part of the problem is that I like neighborhood-wide multi-generational story arcs much more than the day-to-day management of a household, so re-doing everything would basically mean having to rebuild entire neighborhoods and probably hundreds of lots before I was satisfied, and I just don't have time!

Forum Resident
#8085 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:25 AM
I keep basic lots and apartment lots in my lot bin that I can put down as needed. I think of them as tract housing.
Mad Poster
#8086 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 5:12 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 2nd Jun 2019 at 5:55 PM.
Finally found a film &literature SIM Bell DeBateau. She has a 5/3/9/7/8 personality.

That's been bugging me for ages haha.

Edit: and another! Mustardseed Summerdream 4/7/1/6/7.

Field Researcher
#8087 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 5:36 PM
Finally found a film &literature SIM Bell DeBateau. She has a 5/3/9/7/8 personality.

That's been bugging me for ages haha.

I haven't paid much attention to hobbies until recently, but are some hobbies really that rare?
Mad Poster
#8088 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 5:40 PM
I don't remember at what cooking skill level omelettes become an option, but I know it's fairly low, and with my real-world inability to ever successfully cook anything even resembling an omelette (despite my being at least reasonably skilled in the kitchen), I'm pretty sure Sims should have to be at a much higher level!

Mad Poster
#8089 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
I haven't paid much attention to hobbies until recently, but are some hobbies really that rare?

Supposedly.
I'm having trouble finding any in my uberhood, though if I did it the spreadsheet way I'd probably be able to find more/faster. I've got about 1000 Sims and have looked through about 70 and only found 2 film and literature Sims so far.

Field Researcher
#8090 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:04 PM
Supposedly.
I'm having trouble finding any in my uberhood, though if I did it the spreadsheet way I'd probably be able to find more/faster. I've got about 1000 Sims and have looked through about 70 and only found 2 film and literature Sims so far.

1000? All playable?
Mad Poster
#8091 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:42 PM
1000? All playable?

I have 1,234 Sims. So my guess is approximately 1000 are playable. It's all the premade hoods (including unis and bluewater) and I've been playing for about 3 generations now

Theorist
#8092 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:42 PM
I would just still use SimPE--just load up the Sims then click on the hobby tab and start scrolling with the down button. I use spreadsheets but Lotus 1-2-3 was the best ever (as in I opened the software that day about thirty years ago and just started using it and I've just never clicked with any of them since).
Mad Poster
#8093 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 1:58 AM Last edited by HarVee : 3rd Jun 2019 at 2:18 AM.
There needs to be a way to rotate objects on all axis. I want sideways trees!

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#8094 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 2:47 AM Last edited by Pideli : 3rd Jun 2019 at 5:09 AM. Reason: Wrong link
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
There needs to be a way to rotate objects on all axis. I want sideways trees!

OMSPs ...

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#8095 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:08 AM

That's going to vary from hood to hood. Some people, when making CAS sims, will tend to make sims with certain personalities; others will make sure to get all the zodiac signs but not fine-tune them beyond the standard. And then there's the matter of who breeds with who, affecting the personalities of born-in-game sims.

I don't think any of them are rare in my hoods, possibly because I tend to fiddle with CAS sims and possibly because my hoods get so big so fast. Or I may simply not be noticing that some are rare, as OTH matters less to me than the hobbies they choose autonomously or due to the circumstances of their lives. A lot of my sims have high music and dance, nature, and cuisine enthusiasm, because I have a lot of instruments and audio devices all over the hood, because everybody eats, and because I don't mod out the necessity to do yardwork. Because these enthusiasms are encouraged by the environment, they swamp the OTH.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#8096 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:47 PM
Whoever decided it was a good idea to put vegetables and fruit into the fridge one at a time should be fired.

Theorist
#8097 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:32 PM
I don't like how the fridge works in this game anyhow. I like TS3's fridges where you can open them, put stuff in, and take stuff out. My Sim decides to hike up to his favorite fishing spot so grabs some fruit from the fridge to take for snacks. Of course part of the time he gets halfway there and I realize I forgot to have him get his snacks but that's not a problem because there's fruit he can pick along the way. Granted, they won't be as good as his home-grown produce because he raises the best produce but they'll do in a pinch.

So yes, TS2's inventory system makes me cringe just about every time I have to use it. LOL
Alchemist
#8098 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:40 PM
@Pideli, I don't get it. Why? I'm more upset that items don't stack and that you can't get the items back, tbh.

As for the hobby discussion--it's been a while since I've played it, but in my old Veronaville hood Hermia might have had Film & Lit as a OTH and Juliette definitely had Games. My sims have a bit of everything for their OTHs, though at the moment Science and Arts and Crafts are more rare.

@Sketching, thanks for the info--I'll have to double check the interests. I just remember recording info on premades and having things in the fresh install differ from my main hood, or changing when I re-entered a household for the first time.

And it's funny that you mentioned Jessica Peterson, as I was wondering about her too; I just added Belladonna to my Pleasantview and started to play her. I find her backstory very interesting--very highly skilled but in the wrong career, as Slacker will make little use of her skills and then there's the whole not wanting kids thing. How did she end up married to the richest man in town and think she wouldn't need to have an heir? Considering all the wealthy/well off families in Belladonna, I think her parents must have been in good standing in society and probably arranged the marriage.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#8099 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 4:10 PM
I figured they met, fell in love, and married without discussing all the things they should have ahead of time. People do that, and not every rich person is set on passing it on.
You could do a number of different things with the job situation. She may have been working for Armand's company, quit when she divorced him because it was no longer comfortable for her there, and taken the Slacker job to tide her over till she got the job she wanted, for instance. Maybe somebody fired her to curry favor with Armand; maybe she realized she didn't like her job and made a clean sweep of her life at the divorce; maybe she got downsized due to an unrelated economic event that has wider implications for the entire hood...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#8100 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Pideli, I don't get it. Why?

Because if you want to put in hundreds of fruits and vegetables you have to click like a damn fool until your hand dies and falls off.

Page 324 of 511