Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 11:50 PM
Default A world without items?
Hello. I've read a lot of posts on this forum about errors with exporting world and world won't load in game-error, but nothing has worked... First I created a small world, fully decorated, and when exporting it I get the same error message as many others. After some reading on the issue I decided to do a test: delete all items, and then put them back one by one to see when I no longer can export successfully. What I found is this:
- empty world with terrain paint OK
- added roads OK
- added 3 trees FAIL
- deleted trees, added 3 spawners FAIL

I've looked at the caw version; 19.something, and I have games up to 19 which is Island Paradise. So I don't think this is the problem. I've used no CC in the world, but trees from Sunlit Tides (sims3 store world). And I moved my Sims3 CC folder to my desktop.

I have also discovered some problems with the routing; one is pink dots where some of the white meet up, and the second one I found is on a beach where the edge has a lot of red and blue lines. This area is marked with a lot of no-sim-walking-her (fully coloured in blue, no spots are left), and yet I get these. Another problem is when all routing looks good, I save (wait till I get the message box before I do anything else) and exit. When I come back to the world these red-blue lines are back. What are they?

How do I fix this? I can't have a world without tress etc. Any help is appreciated :D
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 3:07 AM
Could you upload your Caw files for me so I can take a look? Make sure you give me the .world file and the world folder.

Is there any store content in your world?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 6:50 PM
Hi I didn't think I would get any help since Sims4 is out... So thank you for contacting me

Is there a way to send you the files without letting everyone see and download my file/folder? I've put down a lot of work already, yet it isn't fully decorated, and I really don't want anyone to copy my work. This world is not going online (I think) since I don't have a webpage yet. I've heard about so many cases where the hard work of world creators are copied... and this is my first world, so it is special to me.

Depending on how I can send you the file, the world will be decorated as it is now, or nearly empty. If I send the file as it is, the following items are used:

Store content:
- trees from Sunlit Tides, alredy in the file: pongam tree and frangipani
- rock from Lucky Palms, already in the file: one dustin' rock (large)

Content from EP:
- chinese lantern plant, water lillies (World Adventure)
- sleeping willow (I think it is from Twinbrook)
- a grey stone fence from I don't know where, but it looks like the one Luna made in-game compatible. I haven't downloaded this fence as CC for CAW, so it must be an EP item - it might be Univerity.
- I think all other items are base game...

Buy the way, my game is in Norwegian, and so is all my layers... Will this be a problem? Would you like me to translate them to English before I upload my file/folder?

Thank you
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 9:50 PM
You can pm me the link to the download. In my siggy there is a link to a quick tutorial on how to upload your caw files to share. You might want to give that a quick read to make sure you give me all the bits I need. The language shouldn't be a problem. I've got all the EP's, SP's, and store worlds installed so that should cover all your stuff. Send me the full file with everything in it so I can troubleshoot it.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 1:25 AM
I got your files and took a look. I'm going to respond here so if any one else has the same issue, they'll know what to look for.

I opened caw and went directly to "select World to Export. I got a successful export. This tells me you probably have something in your DCCache folder which is causing the issue. Remove your DCCache folder and plop it on your desktop for safe keeping. Empty your DCBackup folder of everything except the ccmerged file. Now try exporting. When it successfully exports you can replace the newly generated DCCache folder with your full one.

Let me know what happens.

The road textures all looked good, no problems there. Also, there's no problem with doubled trees or the lamp posts with the elevated flowers. (which look great by the way!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 11:07 PM
Hello again I was a bit surprised that everything went fine when you tested my world since I hadn't been successful myself.

I did what you suggested, and opened CAW to export my world. It was a huge surprise when I found all my pongam trees (store items) were gone from my world... I figured it must be because I had moved the DCCache folder, and yes that was the reason. This time my export was successful, even opening the new world in game went fine. Before installing the world I put the DCCache folder back, hoping my trees would be there even though they weren't in CAW. To my huge relief everything looked as it should in-game, and my sims acted normal like in any other world.

Do you know what the red, blue and pink colours in routing means? I know that white coloured circles and lines indicate 'correctly done routing'. This small world is only a test; I didn't want to make a large one without knowing I could play it So it would be good to know what these other colours mean for later use.

A follow-up question: Should I always delete files from the DCBackup folder (when I see new files)? 'Cus when I checked it after testing my world (made a new save game) there was something there, even though I had deleted everything (except the file you mention) before exporting the world.

Thank you for the compliment on the lights with flowers And a huge THANK YOU for helping me. It was a very easy step-by-step explanation you gave me to find my CAW issue.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 12:40 AM
As long as you don't save in caw after you pull out your DCCache folder, it should leave a marker for the store stuff. Here's a few links to explanations on what the DCBackup , and the DCCache folders do.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=498272
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=501049

I'm so glad you brought up the routing. I went back into caw to take a look and saw those pink circles in the routing data. I don't remember seeing them before. Since they only appear in areas where the land meets the water, and only if the slope of the land is gradual into the water, what I'm thinking is they are water access points for boats like the water taxi. The red lines are around metadata objects so sims won't route through them. Green circles in lots are lot access points, and the light blue with dark blue circles are the road and sidewalk routing. All are good in your world.