Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 12:31 AM
Default MTS Official Contest: Foundations! (R4 and Final Results, OMG!)
Hey all! Here are your final results!

First, for Round 4:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...uthkey=CJGu47sN

Top scores for R4 are:

83.25 - Kaospilot
82.25 - Fyendiar
81.75 - missroxor

Which meeeaaanss!!!

Totals for all rounds:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...uthkey=CJaM3tIE

Note these are the non-rounded totals - I gave the scores for the first few, rounded to the nearest whole number (no decimals) - but for calculating the winner, every little bit counts, right?

Which means our top scorer for all rounds is Fyendiar with 325.875 points!

In 2nd place is missroxor with 315.25 points!

In 3rd place is Kaospilot with 311.35 points!

For the winners, we have shiny avatars! Only the winners are allowed to use these (obviously, the appropriate one!)

And just for the heck of it...

I will post up the pics for the achievements for participants/winners in the morning - I've given up on trying to make Illustrator obey me, for the evening. I'll also send out the link to the trophy for Fyendiar then as well.

Oh also!

Honorable mention go to the following:

R1: GiveTheNineARide
R2: Lethe_s
R3: Matrae
R4: Ciane and Yogi-Tea

For outstanding non-competing entries in the chat thread. I'm sorry not everyone had a chance to participate that wanted to - but ya'll did some fantastic work too even if it wasn't scored.

I will try to be more eloquent and YAY when I'm not so bleary, but I am delighted for you guys that won, and so pleased with everyone - this has been SUCH a fun contest to host and I look forward very much to the next one! It's a ton of work, but so rewarding to be a part of such fantastic creativity - and the attitudes everyone has had through the whole contest have astounded me - no drama, no flouncing... you guys rock!

For anyone wondering when a Sims 2 version will start - the answer is, very soon. Delphy is working on a shiny new contests system, to make some of the tedious technical bits (like calculating scores and judging) easier - when that is done (which should be pretty soon) we'll start a TS2 version of the foundations contest as a bit of a test run for the contests system. I can't tell you "It'll be on Tuesday!" or something like that just yet, but it will be soon!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 12:37 AM
Congratulations to the Top Three! Well done and well deserved!!!!

Thanks again HP for setting this up. It was great fun.
Inventor
#3 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 12:41 AM
Congrats It was really deserved. Fyendiar, you reached the top by adding the little extra. Nice stories and exciting scenery ^^
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 1:14 AM
Wow, I hit the 70 mark. *squeals*

Congratulations to all of the top scorers and Fyendiar, missroxor and Kaospilot. You guys have done an absolutely fabulous job.

It was such fun competing with all of you talented builders and I feel like I've learned so much. Great job to all of you!

By the way, I don't suppose there's any judges comments for R4 are there?

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 1:53 AM
Gratz Kaospilot and missroxor, nice work! Thanks to everyone involved with the contest, especially the judges and ofc HP! :lovestruc
When I joined the contest it was mostly to learn from others since the difference, as you can see when looking at my R1 entry (which was one awesome house for me at the time), between some others and me was huge (as in I sucked, they rule). I learned a lot more than I expected to and I am thankful for everyone that entered awesome houses that gave me new ideas and new heights to reach!

Good work everyone, I think most if not all of us have learned quite a bit over the course of the contest.

This is probably the only time I will use this smiley, but it kinda fits this time... *watches a certain young man at the front of a ship yelling "I am the king of the world!!!!"*

Thanks all!
The other one
#6 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 2:12 AM
Wow! Kaos, Fyendiar, congrats! Kaos, hope this cheers you up and gives you a warm and fuzzy since you're poorly Fyendiar, despite my best attempts to thwart you, you still won by a clear 10 points, I bow to you my (I've never used it either, thought I'd give it a whirl since like you say, not many more opportunities to use it will arrise )

Well done to everyone, hope you had as much fun as I did (except that 3rd one which was just plain stressful ) Thanks to HP and the judges for all your effort and hard work

Hey, Fyendiar get your avatar on! how long is acceptable to 'wear' it before you just look like a saddo who can't let go of the past achievements? Or can I wear it forever?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 2:23 AM
Great contest HP, thankyou! Big congrats to the winners too and the honourable mentions, there were tons of awesome lots being entered and in the Chat thread, we really do have some awesome builds here .
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 2:30 AM
Congrats to all the winners!! Your entries were awesome It's really well deserved ^^

Again, thanks a lot to HP, all the judges and contestants! This contest has been awesome!! ^^

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 3:06 AM
Omg my fairy house was 74 points I thought it was going to be a mega fail lol I shall be uploading her I think hahaha.

Yous guys are awsome now this is up its final and sad *tears*

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Space Pony
#10 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 3:55 AM Last edited by Bchbch Walk : 19th Aug 2010 at 3:56 AM. Reason: Cuz I'm Pretty, K?
i got a 251.575 total...not bad (:
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Hey, Fyendiar get your avatar on! how long is acceptable to 'wear' it before you just look like a saddo who can't let go of the past achievements? Or can I wear it forever?

It should be on now.
Edit: Yup it worked! I had to change the size though since it was 120x120 while 100x100 was the max.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:35 AM
Congrats for the top three :D

Thanks HP for hosting this amazing contest :lovestruc
Inventor
#13 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:41 AM
Congratulations to the final winners and the round 4 winners aaaaand the people who got honorable mentioned (me too) ... yay!

Thanks to HP and everyone who made this contest possible - also, thanks to everyone who participated in this contest.

I had a great time - think we all had - and I very much enjoyed looking at those pictures. Some incredibly creative entries of the foundation contest got uploaded already - it makes me speechless to see the difference of all those houses, keeping in mind that they all were build on the same foundations. It's amazing!
Scholar
#14 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:15 AM
Congrats to the winners and all the participants - t'was a fun adventure! See y'all in the Foundational Building social group - or in the TS2 version!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 11:32 AM
AAAH I won the round and placed 3rd! I'm well happy !! Grats to you Fyendiar with with quite a clear win ( obligatory clear win smiley) And missroxxor! Also of course well done to everyone, also the ones who didn't take part in the official parts. Congratulations to the honourable wins like Yogi-Tea! It's been fun seeing all the houses posted in chat thread too

Thanks for the fun and for hosting the competition :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by Fyendiar
Edit: Yup it worked! I had to change the size though since it was 120x120 while 100x100 was the max.

Yep, same!

Quote: Originally posted by missroxor

Until it's been some weeks (then you can put it in your signature instead )

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#16 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 1:36 PM
Well deserved congratulations to the winners. This was so much fun to participate in
I think everyone learned a lot during this contest and much thanks to participants and just viewers alike who offered constructive criticism.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 3:49 PM
How do you put the avatar on? I want the participant one.

Haha - Never mind!
Inventor
#18 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 3:58 PM
well for one thing you'll have to resize it to 100 x 100 before you can even use it lol

but you save it to somewhere on your computer
go to the top right where it says user links
and choose to edit avatar and upload it.

whoops nevermind lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 4:04 PM
Hehe sorry - I'm a dumbass for avatar sizes - I think donators/staff can use the bigger size. *headslap*

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#20 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:24 PM
Congratulations to everyone for their amazing enteries .Even though i didn't win,I'm still glad i participated in this contest
Mad Poster
#21 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:48 PM
Congrats to all! I'm well chuffed with how my landscaping scores increased with each house.

Just one point; my scores for round four are wrong. I got a full 20 points for no CC when I DID use CC so the most I should have been awarded was 10 and even then I commented on not knowing how the judges would score me as the cornice was CC but made up of four seperate pieces.

Either way, yaaaay!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
The other one
#22 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Hehe sorry - I'm a dumbass for avatar sizes - I think donators/staff can use the bigger size. *headslap*
Maybe subscribers can, I have the donator's emblem thingy but I had to resize it too.
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Until it's been some weeks (then you can put it in your signature instead )
....I recently had my knuckles rapped for having too many lines in my sig block so I re-read the rules....we're not allowed pics in our signature block at all

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 11:32 PM
yup I got the same telling off too lol. I managed to improve my score each round so I'm very happy. Well done to the winners - well deserved!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:59 AM
Congrats to all the winners! And to all participants, really. There's just so many awe-inspiring entries. I have no illusion I could win the contest (this is my first time after all), but I am very satisfied with my scores, especially the later ones. From 38 for the first round (now I see just how inadequate that was! ) to 75 for the last. And I'm not the only one! Entries just got visibly better with each round, and the last two has so many awesome ones. So I guess the contest is a huge success! Learning has never been so much fun either! I'll be on the lookout for another contests for sure!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:50 AM
O_O wut, I got the lowest score (Out of the people that did all 4 rounds) I'm surprised, I thought 1 person would be lower >_>

Anyways, It was a good contest, and sort of fun I guess... now, is there going to be a Sims 2 version? I bet I could do better! *Gets hopes up*

Page 1 of 2