Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#126 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 6:29 PM
I think collage shots are fine; especially if there is a collage of each true floorplan with each sim floorplan and the true front with the sim front. It makes a very simple comparison shot. However, past that, if it is confusing to remember which shots can be put together and such, maybe in the future allow only comparison shots to be a collage and the rest must stand alone.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
The other one
#127 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 6:34 PM
I don't really think it's that confusing.

1. All required shots of the interior may not be collaged.
2. Required shot of the exterior (street view) may be collaged with the front elevation from the original plans.
3. Plans can be collaged
4. All non required shots/bonuses may be collaged

Edit: though I much prefer your idea to no collaging at all.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#128 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
I don't really think it's that confusing.

1. All required shots of the interior may not be collaged.
2. Required shot of the exterior (street view) may be collaged with the front elevation from the original plans.
3. Plans can be collaged
4. All non required shots/bonuses may be collaged

I think that is a very simple way to put it.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#129 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 6:50 PM
I don't think it's just the collage that's confusing people, though.

I don't want to take out collaging at all, so maybe we'll just go with what heaven_sent_8_18 said. I only suggested collaging the bonus pictures so that the thread would load faster for those on slower computers.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
Are you still in the contest, Cloudburst? Tuesday's the deadline.

Yep, just got some finishing touches to make so it should be up sometime tomorrow.

Excuse me, but I just have to explode.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Dantes : 20th Sep 2010 at 3:11 AM.
Ok. here my entry.

The plan: http://www.thehousedesigners.com/pl...sp?PlanNum=5902

Streetview

Second floor

NOTE: Cause of the "restriction" of the roof (just 1x1 tile) it's totally impossible to make a 1x2 tile extention on BR. 2. And for the upper garage walls...Hum...

Ground floor

Living

kitchen

Bedroom+pattern

Bathroom

Others views

I used 4 cc that not coming from EA store:

Door: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...door/id/952616/
Window: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...-1x1/id/941227/
Hood: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...vent/id/957726/
Shower: http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=361082

Note: You need WA and Amb.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#132 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 8:00 PM
Dantes, it looks wonderful. But you have far too many photos (lol) and you're not allowed to post the actual zip of the house with your entry. If the judges were to download it, it would give you an unfair advantage, since we'd be able to see what your house looks like in game and not just with pictures, which everyone else has to do. If you want to share your house, you may upload it to MTS after the round is over. Also, since this is just a contest, the Sims don't actually have to be able to move everywhere, so I would suggest keeping it as close to the floor plans as possible for now, and then changing it when you go to upload it. Please read the pictures rules to see what you need to change.

The other one
#133 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 8:04 PM
If you want to share your house, you may upload it to MTS after the round is over.

Not with TSR downloads in it, it'll be rejected.

Love your use of moveobjects, very creative

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#134 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 8:40 PM
Oh, right, I forgot about that.

Forum Resident
#135 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 8:58 PM
lol Yea... I tryed to build to a plan ..... I't didn't like me much... so I gave up >.< lol

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#136 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 9:17 PM
That's alright. It's hard, isn't it? Thanks for trying, though.

Lab Assistant
#137 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 9:21 PM
Dantes, it looks wonderful. But you have far too many photos (lol) and you're not allowed to post the actual zip of the house with your entry. If the judges were to download it, it would give you an unfair advantage, since we'd be able to see what your house looks like in game and not just with pictures, which everyone else has to do. If you want to share your house, you may upload it to MTS after the round is over. Also, since this is just a contest, the Sims don't actually have to be able to move everywhere, so I would suggest keeping it as close to the floor plans as possible for now, and then changing it when you go to upload it. Please read the pictures rules to see what you need to change.

Done. Sorry. I'm not really comfortable with english.
Inventor
#138 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 9:51 PM
missroxor, thanks for the video! I didn't end up using it, but I'm going to use that plan for my legacy house AND it gave me the idea to fix my current pool here so thanks!

Heaven, I updated my entry so you can see what each photo is. Where I live, the "living" room is called the entertainment room, so that's what I labeled it as. Thanks for alerting me, though.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Not with TSR downloads in it, it'll be rejected.

Love your use of moveobjects, very creative

Thank you. And for TSR, i change that before upload it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#140 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 12:34 AM
Thank you, Dantes, for changing your entry. But you still have too many bonus shots. You have 8 bonus shots, when you're only allowed 4. Cut out 4 more bonus shots and then you'll be good to go.

Thank you to everybody who's entered so far! Tuesday's the deadline!

Lab Assistant
#141 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 12:57 AM
Redone.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#142 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 1:29 AM
Alright, everything looks good. Thank you for taking the time to re-do it: I can imagine that got frustrating.

Lab Assistant
#143 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 3:05 AM
Nop. It's OK.
Test Subject
#144 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 9:35 AM
I have a question about the pictures... Can i attach them or should i upload them to some website and then link them?
Field Researcher
#145 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 11:18 AM
A cool urban contemporary style in a size perfect for most households. You won't need to stamp your feet in frustration while moving around this great room style floor plan. Sporting a two-story ceiling in the living room and an open kitchen/ dining area with island this 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bathroom house is guarantied to give you a good mood. Enjoy the vista from the window encased loft on the second floor or better yet step outside for your own slice of nature in the city from the expansive balcony.

Buy today for only 850 Simoleons!

Floor plan: Urban Living http://www.eplans.com/contemporary_.../HWEPL69455.hwx

Front view

Bonus picture. Compare side view

1st floor
I had to move the stairs back because the living room roof was to low to place them. Because of this I also had to reduce the closet sizes in the master bedroom. I also increased the really little mudroom, bathroom and laundry room so sims wouldn't get stuck.

2nd level

Living room

Kitchen

Master bedroom
I used the bonus pattern in this room on the bed sheets, the bed canopy, the border of the rugs and the clothing on the dresser.

Master bathroom

Bonus picture. One of the kids' bedrooms.

Bonus picture. Loft area

Bonus picture. Balcony

I used 7 pieces of CC. 2 windows, 3 objects to make the beams, a half wall to make the wall cutouts and the grey vertical siding.

Tell me if those pictures are to big.

They're the standard size but they kind seem ridiculously huge to me when displayed here.
Inventor
#146 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 12:07 PM
aUserName - I think there might be an error in your post: "Buy today for only 850 Simoleons!"

Now, that would be impressive if you could get that house for so little.

kittens!
Test Subject
#147 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 12:13 PM Last edited by dusica : 20th Sep 2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Pics!
Wow, aUserName, your house is so similar to the plan... I'm impressed! :O Great work!

------------------------------------------------

Okay, here goes, this is my attempt at building to the plan! It's a one floor, contemporary house, perfect for newlyweds with a little bundle of joy on the way. It has three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a nice open kitchen and a modern living room with study space. The garage gives endless oportunities to rebuild, maybe into another bedroom?

the plan: http://details.coolhouseplans.com/d...&ordercode=C101

Aaaaaand the house...

Street view:

The plan view:

Master bedroom (NOTE: also the room with the pattern, look at the bed covers):

Master bath:

Living room:

Kitchen:

BONUS SHOTS

Bonus shot of living room:

Bonus shot of the little terrace in the back:

Bonus shot, nursery:

Bonus shot, garage:

Edit: I almost forgot, i only have one piece of CC in there, it's the big window. Two CC if a custom pattern counts
Field Researcher
#148 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 1:30 PM Last edited by aUserName : 20th Sep 2010 at 1:47 PM.
Quote:
aUserName - I think there might be an error in your post: "Buy today for only 850 Simoleons!"

Now, that would be impressive if you could get that house for so little.

It 850 for the plan only I'm afraid. Even sims aren't that lucky. I've heard the Twinbrook has good architects for cheap rates though if a sim is building there.

Thanks dusica. I like your house it very cozy looking.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#149 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 4:55 PM
Okay, yay, more entries! I'll put you guys up. We've only got one day left, guys!

Forum Resident
#150 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 6:48 PM
Guys, that looks so beautiful and realistic to the floor plan. Very impressive! :lovestruc
Oh, I hope I'll be able to finish in time. If not, I guess somebody has to get the last place in the contest, right? Well, as long as I'm having fun, I don't care, lol!

Page 6 of 19