Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 6:01 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:27 PM.
Default Victorian Android Challenge
This is just something I came up with roughly a year ago when I just started my love of everything Victorian (and whilst reading Chobits) Now, mind you, this is my first challenge that I created on my own, and it may have a flaw or two.

An antisocial prof. in Victorian London has created the most advanced steampunk android of all of London. She is so realistic, you cannot tell the difference between her and a human! Though the prof. seems to have made her too realistic, as she is quickly gaining emotions and thoughts of her own.

The goal of the challenge is to complete the 'androids' lifetime want.

Android Requirements
Must be female
Must have family aspiration

Prof. Requirements
Must be male
Preferably knowlege aspiration

I suggest downloading some Victorian garb for your simmies. Personally, I like giving the android lolita style clothing, and the prof. long hair, but that's just me.
I haven't really made up a point system yet, since I usually just do challenges for fun and to see if I can reach the goal without any cheats. I do have a few rules though. They're pretty simple.

No cheats exsept money cheats, but ONLY when you're making the house and furnishing it. Then lower it with familyfunds down to a comfortable amount; let's say about 10,000. Remember, this is a brilliant scientist. Not a hobo, though if you want to make it a genius hobo, go ahead. That may make it more interesting.
You can also use moveobjects for bugged items and while decorating.

That's pretty much it. I hope you like, and please feel free to post suggestions, your own created point systems for this (if I like it I might use it) pictures, or just to say your opinion on it.

Have fun, and happy simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 3:07 PM
I've just started this, and I've got my servo up and running and the professor now has a job (hopefully its within the rules :p) my servo wants to reach her golden anniversary, so she is looking out for men, though ACR has decided she likes the professor a lot...
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 11:34 PM
Sounds like you're having fun with it =) I'm glad. I like to make the android fall in love with the profesor, since I love the idea of the creation falling in love with it's creator.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 11:51 PM
It sounds like a neat idea but any idea where to pick up the sims needed?
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 11:57 PM
This sounds interesting, but I'm a little confused. Do you make a human sim and pretend it's an android, or are you supposed to make a human-looking servo, which as I understand it can be done? Or do servos not have aspirations/LTWs? (I've never played one, so I don't know! )
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 12:12 AM
Anebrd, you can make your own sims. I use downloads from both ModTheSims2 and TheSims2.ea.com =) You can get as creative as you want!

...What's a servo? I just make a human sim and pretend she's an android. =)
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 12:38 AM
Ah, OK!

Servos are actual robots that can be built in-game by Sims. They came with....one of the expansion packs that I have. OFB, maybe. As I said, I've never used them, though I have it in the back of my head to do so one of these days. Apparently, there are hacks/mods available to make servos look human but still have the servo needs as opposed to human needs.
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 12:40 AM
Interesting...
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 9:26 AM
I played around with the concept of human-looking servos, just because. Basically I spawned a bunch of servos, humanized them, and then messed around with them to see if you'd be able to use the resulting humanized servos to do this challenge. As it turns out, it looks to me like you can. Now, I'm not sure if doing the challenge this way will make it easier or harder or more or less enjoyable, but I thought I'd throw out what I discovered, in case anyone (besides me wants to try this out this way.

A couple of warnings first.

1) Servos came with Open For Business, so if you don't have that expansion pack, then you're out of luck for doing the challenge this way. You'll have to just create a human Sim and pretend it's an android.

2) There are probably other ways to do this, but I used boolprop cheats to spawn and humanize my test servos, about two dozen of them. I then used the Insimenator to change the way they looked after humanizing and to change the clothes they wear, etc, as servos apparently can't use dressers to change clothes or mirrors to change their appearance. They come out pretty ugly after humanizing, often without eyebrows and, in my game at least, usually with the Maxis deadlock hair, so you will want to change your android's appearance. If you want to do the Victorian look, you'll also need to change her clothes, of course. If you're not comfortable with
using boolprop and you don't want Insim in your game, then you don't want to do the challenge this way. Also, I'm only going to outline the processes for doing this, in the interest of (realtive ) brevity. If you have experience with the Insim, you should be fine. If you don't, feel free to ask me for more specific help, if you need it.

3) Servos have fewer and different motives than humans, so that will affect game play if you do the challenge this way. They do, however, have aspirations and lifetime wants, the same ones as human Sims, so that aspect of the challenge is unchanged. They also speak in a "machine" language, even when humanized, and that might bother some people/ruin the effect of a Victorian android. If you're not familiar with servos in general, you can find more info about them here: http://guides.ign.com/guides/772396/page_8.html

4) Servos act differently than humans, in that they are "meant" to do chores and such when idle. They will spontaneously clean, take care of children, maintain landscaping, perform repairs, exterminate bugs, etc. Basically, anything an NPC like a maid or gardener or repair person does, they will do spontaneously unless you keep them busy with other tasks, but they are fully playable. Their zeal for doing these tasks will depend on their personality, though. Personally, I think this works well for the challenge, but you might not agree.

Now that that's out of the way...Moving on.

Step 1: I discovered in my testing that a cheat-spawned servo will exactly "clone" the personality and aspiration of the Sim who initially activates him/her, down to the turn-ons and turn-offs (if you have Nightlife). So, to start the challenge this way, you'll need to create your professor and another human Sim of either gender in CAS or Body Shop, whichever you prefer. For the second Sim, DO NOT worry about what he/she looks like or what he/she is dressed in. The only things that matter are the personality/star sign, the turn-ons/turn-offs (if applicable), and the
aspiration, as that is all that gets "cloned." For this challenge, you need to
select the Family aspiration for this Sim. You can assign the personality points and everything else as you see fit.

Step 2: Move both Sims into your lot. As soon as you can, bring up the cheat box and enter these cheats:
boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
agesimscheat on

Step 3: Hold down Shift and click on one of your Sims. It doesn't matter which, at this point. Look for the option that says, "Spawn..." and click that. In that menu, look for "New Servo" and click that. A deactivated servo will appear by the Sim you clicked. It will be sitting on the ground, kind of folded up.

Step 4: Select the extra Sim you created, the one whose personality and aspiration will be cloned, and then click on the deactivated servo. A menu will come up for you to select the gender of the servo and to give her a name. For this challenge, you'll click female and name her whatever you want. The servo will then "wake up."

Step 5: Once she's activated, click on the servo. Since you turned on the aging cheat, when you click on her there should be an extra option on the pie menu called "Set Age." Click that and then select "Teen."

Step 6: The servo will become a human female teen. She will have the lightest skin tone (I don't know of any way to change that. SimPE, maybe?) and any default replacements you have in your game. From what I could tell in my testing, her hair color, hairstyle, and eye color will be randomly generated, although I got more than a few with the Maxis dreads, like I said.

Step 7: Now click and select "Set Age" again, this time picking "Adult" from the pie menu. She will then age to an adult human. You could keep her as a teen, if you wanted to, but since Servos don't age without using cheats, there's really not much point unless you just like the look of a teen. However, if you want this servo to be woohooing eventually (which servos can do! ), then you'll want her as an adult, since I believe (though I didn't test this) that a "teen" servo wouldn't be able to woohoo unless you also have a hack that allows teen woohoo.

Step 8: You now have an adult female humanized servo with a personality cloned from the extra Sim you originally created. You now need to get rid of that extra Sim unless you want to keep him/her for some reason. You can either have him/her move out, or you can spawn Rodney's Death Creator using the boolprop cheat and kill him/her any way you see fit. I intend to do it this way, because then I get a ghost, and I like ghosts.

Step 9: No doubt, your humanized Sim is ugly. All of my test ones certainly were! This is where InSim comes in. I have the Object edition, so I go into buy mode, buy the thing, then stick it on the lot somewhere. To fix how your Sim looks, click on the farthest-left component of the contraption and select "Fix Appearance..." Select your servo's name from the next pie menu. Then you get two options. "Face Lift" brings up a mini-CAS window in which you can change the facial structure of the Sim using the same sliders that are available in CAS. Fix to your heart's content. The other option is "Make Over," and this brings up the same screen you'd get if your servo could look in a mirror to change her appearance (which she can't do. ). Again, fix to your heart's content. Make sure you add eyebrows, if she didn't have
any before! Unless you like the no-eyebrow look, of course.

Step 10: OK, she's pretty now. Now she needs new clothes. InSim can take care of that, too. Click on the "chair" part of the Insim contraption, click "Spawn..." and then look in the following menus for "Wardrobe Adjuster" and click that. A stack of folded clothes will appear on the ground. Click that. From here, you can click "Buy New Outfit..." to buy any clothing you have in your game, same as you would if you went shopping at a community lot. You can click "Plan Outfit..." to assign outfits to your servo from the clothing you just bought. And then you can click the various "Change..." options to change her into whatever outfit you want her in.

From here, you play pretty much as normal. Since you cloned your servo's
personality/aspiration from a family Sim, she will have the family aspiration and one of the LTWs that goes along with it, with one caveat: I don't think servos can get pregnant, normally. What would be the point? BUT, I did impregnate one of my test human servos with the Insim, using a male humanized servo as the father, and it worked like a charm. She got all the bumps and delivered with the event camera cut scene, the whole nine yards. The baby, so far as I can tell, is fully human. I'm not sure, however, that babies from servos will age. I didn't play long enough to test that.

But anyway, since servos can't normally have babies, a Family servo will apparently not get any of the child/grandchild-associated LTWs. I could be wrong about that, but I generated about 20 Family servos, and all of them had a career-related LTW (Servos can have all jobs that human Sims can have) except one who had the "Reach Golden Anniversary" one. The latter is odd, since servos don't age and therefore can never become elders without cheating. You could age them up to elder using the age cheat you used to humanize them. Then again, that would kind of defeat the purpose of the challenge since you could age them whenever you wanted to. But since this LTW is, "naturally," impossible to fulfill with a servo, it makes me wonder why I didn't get any child-related ones, since they're equally impossible. Maybe it was just a luck of the draw thing, I don't know. If anyone else does this challenge this way, let me know if your servo gets a kid-related LTW.

One final caveat: I have not tested sending a humanized servo to a community lot. In my research into servos and humanizing them, some people were saying that their humanized servos reverted to fully-mecha-servos on community lots. I did not test this, but don't be surprised if it happens. If this will bother you, don't take your servo to community lots.

Annnnnnnd that's it! If I left anything out or if anyone has questions, feel free to yell at me.
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 11:09 AM
Wow. Thanks for researching and testing this! I don't have OfB, so I could've never done it. o3o Thanks again!
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 3:28 PM
No problem! I had it in my head to mess around with servos, anyway, and this seemed like a good excuse to do it. Since it did it, I thought I'd share my findings in case anyone else would be interested. I've also had it in my head to create a "period" neighborhood in a new user account on my comp so I can set up default replacements for cars and such and load up on period CC, so again, this challenge is a good excuse to do that.

I do intend to do the challenge with a humanized servo, but first I have to gather all the stuff, create the neighborhood, etc. I probably won't get to starting on that until the weekend, unfortunately.
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 8:49 PM
Glad I gave you an excuse ^-^

Well, I hope you can give updates and such when you get started. And, if you can, post pictures. I'd really love to see how everyone else does my challenge =)
Undead Molten Llama
#13 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 4:57 PM
Will do!

I actually started downloading stuff last night and set up a clean-ish neighborhood on a new user account on the laptop I play on...though I confess that I got distracted by all the shiny medieval stuff, too. I've been resisting doing a Royal Kingdom challenge, but now I think it might have to happen. Oh, well. I guess it was inevitable, given my love for the Middle Ages. Besides, I like to play many challenges at once because when I get bored of one, I can do another for a while. It means that it takes a while to get any single one finished, but at least I don't quit entirely out of boredom.
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 8:34 PM
lol Same and me with both Victorian and modern times.
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 3:01 PM
Well, a bit of an update on mine, which I've had to re-start since my first laptops harddrive got fried =(
Anyway, I haven't gotten far. So far the Prof. (whoms name I've seem to forgotten) and his beautful android (also forgot her name) are moved into a large estate with plenty of trees and a kitty named Milky. I built up their relationship a bit, and then I had the Prof. teach Milky a trick whilst the android made lunch.
That's pretty much all I've done thus far. The android whats to have 6 grandchildren as her lifetime want, so she better get a love soon and start making some babies! She seems to have a VERY high chemestry with the Prof. All three lightning bolts infact! I'll most likely have to rerestart this once I get Sims2 Seasons, but only if I have to uninstall everything like I had to do with Pets.

PS: I snuck on here while at school in my computer class! 8D This is one of very few things that ISN'T blocked! I'm surprised too, since this is a forum!
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 8:35 AM
Well, my servo is a robot servo, so she can't age/have kids (unless I messed around with the insimenator... ) So, my poor old professor has passed away (I think his name was Henry) And his faithful wife has hit rock bottom- though she did achieve her lifetime want- and I think I might move out Mary-Anne (thats her name) Have her move into a little cottage with the profs savings and, once she gets a nice steady job to give her last cat, Ginny, a nice retirement, I might give her some roomates (I was thinking along the lines of aliens, werewolfs and plantsims...)
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 4:13 PM
Coolio =) Like I said before, I have to re-restart mine. Still trying to fine some of my favorite oufits that I use. I use a human and just pretend she's an android, and if I get that far, I'll probably just use aging off and age the prof. manually. =3
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 4:47 PM
I actually sort of started mine late last night. Meaning, I created the characters. My chica is a servo, too, but I think I'm going to age her manually, on the theory that the prof could change her appearance so it doesn't look odd that he's an old fart and she hasn't aged a day. I also MIGHT play around with the pregnancy thing, just to see if it would be viable at all, on the theory that the prof is smart enough to make that happen, or at least a simulation of it. Or something like that. We'll see. When she reaches her LTW, I might keep her or I might kill her. Like, she dies from an overloaded "broken heart" when her beloved prof (or whomever she ends up macking on; she might have a belligerent relationship with her prof.) passes on.

I still have to build a house, though I might laze out and download one that's all built and decorated and such. So I should have some piccies and such shortly.
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 8:53 PM
=) Can't wait to see them!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 12:56 PM
SO doing this challenge.~ I already have a character in mind to use, too; an original character of mine that I managed recreate as a Sim. He's a widowed scholar, so it's obvious he's totally going to make a robot modelled after his wife. <3 Hopefully I'll have pictures soon!
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 8:15 PM
Awesome! =D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad

One final caveat: I have not tested sending a humanized servo to a community lot. In my research into servos and humanizing them, some people were saying that their humanized servos reverted to fully-mecha-servos on community lots. I did not test this, but don't be surprised if it happens. If this will bother you, don't take your servo to community lots.

Thanks for your post because of it I have played with servos for the first time. They do revert if you take them to a community lot but are easily changed back. When they visit a lot themselves sometimes they are human sometimes they are robots but again easily changed. Thanks again
Site Helper
#23 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 2:48 PM
Servos don't know they aren't human, so you need to keep them out of hot tubs and pools. (Unless you like having them run amok)

It is possible to roll a kid related want for a servo, but Insim (or the Blender) will let you re-roll a want that is physically impossible.

(I actually wasn't playing this challenge; I had a vampire who made a servo to attend to things during the day. The servo had a LTW to become general, so he convinced his master to make a second servo. Then the two servos fell in love with each other and ran away. But with the "Any LTW for all aspirations" hack, the female servo started out with a LTW to graduate 6 children from college, which I re-rolled.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 8:48 PM
I've been so preoccupied with other things, I almost forgot to re-make the Prof. and his android in my new game! *rushes off to get rest of clothing* DX Got distracted with my other challenges and characters, almost forgot about my babies.
Undead Molten Llama
#25 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
Thanks for your post because of it I have played with servos for the first time. They do revert if you take them to a community lot but are easily changed back. When they visit a lot themselves sometimes they are human sometimes they are robots but again easily changed. Thanks again

You're welcome. I'm glad the post was useful for someone.

I kind of petered out on this challenge -- though I do want to try it again -- because I became obsessed with my Build-A-City challenge. In that challenge, though, I do have one humanized servo who is obsessed with A) dancing and B) cats. She owns 5 cats right now, with no end in sight; she keeps rolling wants for more, so I keep giving them to her. It's convenient that she doesn't need a bed or a bathroom or a kitchen because that way I can fill her entire house with cat equipment.

But yeah, she does revert to mecha when she goes off-lot, but it's easy to change her back. Sometimes she comes back to her home lot human but with a flashing blue face, but that's just as easily fixed, too. I wish she could have a normal voice, but...Well, if wishes were horses, we'd all ride.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 1 of 2