Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 6:25 PM Last edited by wes_h : 10th Jan 2007 at 11:23 PM.
Default Using MilkShape with object meshes
I just updated (10-Jan-2007) the UniMesh plugins for MilkShape with some enhancements that are as useful to (some) object meshing as they are to body/clothing/hair mesh work. The UniMesh plugins are a set of free add-ons for MilkShape that are designed to specifically work with The Sims 2 meshes.

The newly updated (V4.07) plugins do a much better job of importing all the morphs than the old ones did, and can manage four morphs per group. They will also allow you to retain the needed mesh support for bumpmapping, or to add that support to a mesh which didn't already have it (configurable on a group-by-group basis).

For the last year these have been posted and maintained in the BodyShop meshing area, but they are for object meshes also. I don't want to even think about them being posted in two different places, so they will remain posted just here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...7709#post987709

If you have questions or comments, posting them in the same thread with the download means I will notice them sooner, becasuse that is always my first stop when I visit MTS2.

<* Wes *>
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 10:24 PM
Thanks Wes_H...this is great. Your hard work has done a wonder for all us creators and our games. Thank you!

I do not do requests; please don't ask!
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 4:51 AM
thank you so much!!

I'm just starting out, so I am glad to have stumbled across this

~Savoury

Please note: I do not share my models. Please do not ask. Thank you.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 2:06 PM
Wes I'm having some very strange problems with this newest plugin when creating foods.
I have no idea how or why but the "none" state morph keeps changing on me.
I create the food mesh, create the half eaten and completely eaten states. all is well. I export the mesh with the plugin. If I import it into SimPE (or import into a new/empty Milkshape file to check) the "none" morph is almost a duplicate of the half eaten one. I have tried this more than 20 times this morning and it doesn't seem to be something I'm doing different than I have in the past but everytime I look at the exported file the 2nd morph is messed up, yet my original is correct.

I just reinstalled milkshape with the 4.05a plugin and with this it works correctly?

Oh, in case it matters I'm using the lunchmeat sandwich morphs and it seems to especially happen with the serve ones

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 8:14 PM
There are changes in how the morphs are numbered between the 4.06 and the 4.07 versions (there was also some extensive work done that is not easily visible). What you can do is import the original mesh with the 4.07 importer, look at the MORPHMOD names and not what digits are on the tail end (.0, .1, etc.).

Then make sure your saved file is numbered that way (you shouldn't have to remake the mesh).

Also, the exporter should be 4.07A, although the symptoms you describe do not sound related to the changes made to the newer exporter plugin.

If none of that helps, then I would like to look at the broken mesh, if you care to post it.

<* Wes *>
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 9:48 PM
Thanks so much Wes, I'll check that out and see if if it resolves my issues

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 1:13 AM
Thank you so much for sharing
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th May 2008 at 9:06 AM
Default ...
Sorry but I didn't now..
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 11:39 PM
Thanks wes,I was looking for some tutorials on this but in the future it'll help loads!
Thanks!
/ScientificXxX

/ScientificXxX
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 5:46 PM
thanks i'll try it! :D

When you build houses...DONT HAMMER YOURSELF!
:)