Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2019 at 8:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default What's happened to my Colonial Tract Door!?
Just a minor thing, but it's the Colonial Tract Doors on this house. From the outside they look fine, but half of them is filled in on the inside. What's causing this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2019 at 2:59 PM
That looks as though half the door is afflicted by the glitch that tends to happen when you place doors and windows while the move_objects cheat is on. Add a wall perpendicular to the glitch and then delete it, see if that helps.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd May 2019 at 3:36 PM
or, with moveobjects off just grab the doors (no need to move them) and release, they should snap in place correctly.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2019 at 3:46 PM
Except that the lamps are in the way. If you look at the proportionate distances, the lamps on the outside had to have been placed with move_objects and snapobjectstogrid false. So grabbing the door will allow the program to realize the door doesn't belong there, and refuse to place it because the lamps are in the way.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd May 2019 at 3:50 PM
right, I just looked at the picture outside. In that case, move the laps anywhere (or delete), place the doors, and then place the lamps with moveobjects cheat, it usually works for me.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2019 at 7:26 PM
It's odd that the door looks like that though. Usually when I see that in my game, the entire wallmask is affected and the problem is visible from both sides.

To fix it, try using either one of these two mods (don't use both at the same time). Enter the lot with the problem. Save the game and exit the lot.
It should not be necessary to move anything or pick anything up. When you re-enter the lot, the problem should be fixed.

Pescado's "doorjamfix"
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9768.0.html

Feenwald's "blocked doors can close"
http://www.feenwald.de/en/specials/closedoors.php
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It's odd that the door looks like that though. Usually when I see that in my game, the entire wallmask is affected and the problem is visible from both sides.

To fix it, try using either one of these two mods (don't use both at the same time). Enter the lot with the problem. Save the game and exit the lot.
It should not be necessary to move anything or pick anything up. When you re-enter the lot, the problem should be fixed.

Pescado's "doorjamfix"
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9768.0.html

Feenwald's "blocked doors can close"
http://www.feenwald.de/en/specials/closedoors.php

Unfortunately neither of those have worked, nor have any of the other suggestions. And on the day I intended to upload this lot.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 9:36 AM
The upload queue will still be there when you sort this out.
Is there anybody you can get to check and see if this is a problem on a different computer than yours? Because if the standard in-game fixes don't work, it may not be a problem with the lot, but something in your setup; and if that's the case, and the person you share it with can't reproduce the problem, there's nothing to stop you from uploading it, with a warning that in some game configurations it might have this weird problem.
If the person you share it with gets the same problem, then you've got a fresh set of eyes on the problem.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 9:45 AM
@WatermelonSandal post up in Creator feedback with a link. I will download and check it out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@WatermelonSandal post up in Creator feedback with a link. I will download and check it out.

Okay then. Should I upload the package without the CC and provide links to the required CC?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 1:27 PM
What cc does it use?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:16 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What cc does it use?

- "Independent Expressions" - Expansion Set - DOORS and ARCH by MaryLou
- Open underneath Maxis stairs by crocobaura
- Country Wall Clock - New Mesh by khakidoo
- Portuguese Tiling by yours truly

- Maxis tree recolours and resized versions by Gwenke (external link) - Original mesh by HystericalParoxysm

Also the feedback thread can be found here
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:56 PM
Uploaded/downloaded lots may not always work fine if items have been placed with cheats. Delete the door and move away any furniture that's within one grid square from it or placed near it with cheats, place the door, and then put stuff around it. Could just be a temporary bug with the cutout.

Always place doors and windows without cheats, then place any decor you want around them. Anything could interfere - lamps, the second door, the couch, or a stuck object of some sort.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Uploaded/downloaded lots may not always work fine if items have been placed with cheats. Delete the door and move away any furniture that's within one grid square from it or placed near it with cheats, place the door, and then put stuff around it. Could just be a temporary bug with the cutout.

Always place doors and windows without cheats, then place any decor you want around them. Anything could interfere - lamps, the second door, the couch, or a stuck object of some sort.

Unfortunately that hasn't worked either.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:36 PM
Have you tried with a different double door?
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:01 PM
Have you tried with a different double door?

Not really, I think the Colonial Tract looks best on this house.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jun 2019 at 6:02 PM.
Just to check if there's something wrong with the door or placement, I meant. If other maxis doors bork out like above one, something's up with the wall or something placed on the wall, or even a CC item that's interfering with the cutouts for the door.
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 6:31 PM
Do you have, by any chance, downloaded and installed Huge Lunatic's Loft Window Addons?
http://modthesims.info/d/627412/loft-window-addons.html

HL updated that download and posted this in comments:

"Update! Due to a rogue incorrect GUID causing issues with the Colonial Tract Door, this set has been updated"
Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 6:36 PM
Its the mail box that is doing it to you because of the space needed for the mail box.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Its the mail box that is doing it to you because of the space needed for the mail box.

It didn't work even after moving the mailbox.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:57 PM
Have you tried another door just to see if it's the door or the placement of the door?
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 8:07 PM
Have you tried another door just to see if it's the door or the placement of the door?

Yes I have; this seems to happen on all lots that use the door.

Quote: Originally posted by nutese
Do you have, by any chance, downloaded and installed Huge Lunatic's Loft Window Addons?
http://modthesims.info/d/627412/loft-window-addons.html

HL updated that download and posted this in comments:

"Update! Due to a rogue incorrect GUID causing issues with the Colonial Tract Door, this set has been updated"

I better go and download the updated version right now.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 8:21 PM
Does the same issue happen with other double doors on that particular lot? Or is it just that door on all lots?

If it's jsut this door, and on any lot, I'd think it's a CC issue, maybe another door that conflicts with this one. See if it helps with the updated door, and let us know.
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 9:18 PM
Update: It worked after downloading the Loft Windows addon.
Screenshots