Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 3:48 PM Last edited by simsi45 : 21st Feb 2019 at 4:07 PM.
Default Uploading huge packs?
So I'm almost done converting an entire pack from TS2, and I'm trying to find the best way to share it with the community.
The issue is that I'm not entirely sure if I have to include every single swatch, of every single item in the pictures. There are a TON of swatches and 100 pics (which is the limit) wouldn't be enough to show everything. I've posted numerous of mods before and I'm very familiar with the process but I've never uploaded something that large. Anyone has some insight?
(i hope i posted this in the correct category)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 9:24 PM
I'd upload this to object creation. But. Done is done.

I love TheJim07 shows swatches. He painted white walls and white floors and spawn all the space with recolored objects usually I think with one square spacing.
Make some catalogue interior is nice but such spec-look shows all I need too.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 9:42 PM
@Victor_tor
Yes this is sort of how I usually do it. But most of my objects have around 30 swatches each. I would need multiple pics for each separate object and I don't think 100 pics would be enough.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 10:41 PM
If you used 30 colours per item and the colours are all different (mind blown at the size of this project) just show the swatch and then show each item in one of the colours. What pack did you convert? You need to make this a multi-part download where extra pictures and files are in the comment section or divide it into 2 or more separate downloads. Example of a multi-part download: http://modthesims.info/d/232462/the-dark-project.html You go to page 1 in the comments for the items.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 10:59 PM
@joandsarah77
Dang I was afraid that would be the case. I converted the entire Ikea Stuff Pack from TS2 to TS4 (even made a trailer for it) however I added a lot of additional recolors on items such as the TV unit, and the different beds so they can match with each other. The reason there are so many is because I combined, let's say, all the different bedframe colors with all the different bedding colors. The TV Unit alone has 80 recolors! Honestly the hassle of going through each swatch for all 68 items already sounds more tiring than the whole project itself
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 12:08 AM
80! O_o Wow, does anybody need 80 recolours of a TV unit? Maybe pare it down for the actual upload. Most people will be happy with 10-20 recolours.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 12:32 AM
Yeah, there are 10 different frame colors + 8 different colors for the decor boxes around it all combined with each other, making them 80. Even if I reduced them, there would still be a ton of other objects with all of their different swatches, and honestly it sounds like so much work. Argh, I thought I was done with this but apparently not :/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 2:46 AM
10 frame and 8 box recolours makes 18. It doesn't matter about the various combos. Just show a swatch of the 10 and a swatch of the 8.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 2:52 AM Last edited by simsi45 : 22nd Feb 2019 at 3:31 AM.
I ended up making collages of every recolor. Probably the most frustrating thing I've ever done, but since I worked so hard on this already, I decided to go all the way and finish it!
Theorist
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:22 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:36 AM.
You can use one per three objects and make it hq.

But... Do you ever seen EA shows recolours for example? I think if you convert ALL the pack, you need just to show all objects and two or three interiors filled with it to show the colour matching. Usually(but not about EA))) all recolors having same sheme of matching (table tops to sittings, lovesats to livingroom seats etc.)

I just remembered about some catalogue from plumbobsims I bookmarked in finds. They're made larger then just objects but their posts looks "sweet enough to eat" https://plumbobteasociety.tumblr.co...-the-love-child so you can make interiors with sims too. As an reallife IKEA catalogue)

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 7:07 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 22nd Feb 2019 at 10:52 AM.
Also separated meshes is good way to reduce recolor swatches. I saw separated bed from bedding. So the tv from endtable may be useful too

Idon't want to have 90 recolours(( that's quite big((