Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 6:09 AM
"Blacked-out" faces in Milkshape
I'm having an issue with creating a mesh in Milkshape, For some odd reason, some of the faces show up as "blacked out". I tried almost everything to get rid of it but it doesn't seem to go away, At first I figured it was just some weird shading but when I tried to export it to Workshop, those faces show up as invisible and there was no way to change it. I checked around the net and have tried going under the Face submenu and used the Face to Front option, press ctrl A and M to Smooth All and even Align Normals but the problem is still there. Is there a way to fix this? Maybe in Blender or something? I also included of pic of what I'm talking about. The parts where the arrow is pointing is the part that disappears in Workshop
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
I'm having an issue with creating a mesh in Milkshape, For some odd reason, some of the faces show up as "blacked out". I tried almost everything to get rid of it but it doesn't seem to go away, At first I figured it was just some weird shading but when I tried to export it to Workshop, those faces show up as invisible and there was no way to change it. I checked around the net and have tried going under the Face submenu and used the Face to Front option, press ctrl A and M to Smooth All and even Align Normals but the problem is still there. Is there a way to fix this? Maybe in Blender or something? I also included of pic of what I'm talking about. The parts where the arrow is pointing is the part that disappears in Workshop
It looks like the face is either missing or flipped but I can't tell from that picture without knowing if you have it showing in flat shading, smooth shading, or textured surface. If the face is actually there but flipped using reverse vertex order can flip it back around but you have to turn auto-smooth on to get that to work iirc.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 11:15 AM
It's in flat shading view. And I selected the faces with auto smooth on and used reverse vertex order and it worked! All the faces were now facing the correct way. I can't believe it was that easy. I thought the next step would be to trash the project and start over. Thank you very much!