Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 4:04 AM
Default Castaway Baby Problem -can not pick baby up
I have a baby on the kitchen floor but can not get any on to interact with him. Nor can I use the cheat "objects on"

Has anyone else had this aprtoblem. If so what do I need to do to get my Sims to pick the baby up?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 4:09 AM
The cheat is "MoveObjects on", so that might be why it wasn't working....

Have you tried clicking on a crib and directing a sim to put the baby in the crib?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 8:11 PM
Try moveobjects on again if that it's what you've been typing. If it still doesn't work.. .

You might need to reset the baby? I've had this happen before. I had to use the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true cheat to get into debug mode, when the error message for either a teddy bear or the baby comes up click RESET never delete. Then make sure sims can interact with the baby. If they can, immediately type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false to turn off debug mode.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 9:13 PM
The best thing to do when any sim gets stuck like that is to turn moveobjects on, delete the sim, save and exit the lot. Go back into the lot and the baby should beside the letter box. This is a safer way of resetting a sim than using boolProp. BoolProp can make your game dodgy if you use it too much.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 9:43 PM
Both ways are just as safe, MagicMarker - testingCheatsEnabled is perfectly safe to use for the function described above. It can't make your game dodgy unless you use it for other functions - it's a myth that leaving the cheat on or using it too much causes problems on its own.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Both ways are just as safe, MagicMarker - testingCheatsEnabled is perfectly safe to use for the function described above. It can't make your game dodgy unless you use it for other functions - it's a myth that leaving the cheat on or using it too much causes problems on its own.

Oooooh, I always thought it would mess it up if you left it on too much.