Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sheyza
HA. I told you, ET's mad at you for some reason.

Goes to show you not to mess with the aliens, cause this is what happens when your sim really gets abducted.

LMFAO! Oh god.. I'd turn the game off and run away screaming!

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
~°*CAS Custom Content Downloads*°~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 6:40 AM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! It worketh! :D

And the fat morph is done, no problems there. The UV mapping and animations are clean also. I've tested it in bodyshop, and in the game.

You'll see it on here very very soon. I have to make recolors of course, but I have plenty of time.

Now, before I get a million requests to make this for teens (which I just KNOW that is comming... sheesh) I'm just going to go ahead and do it. Let's pray that goes over well... with no aliens.

And I think I'll rework my male mesh also. I want the flared sleeves gone, and the collar and stuff. My coarse of action for this is just to put the legs on a nude male mesh. Since I know how not to get half a million skeletons, that should work fine also. I'll do that for teen males too in time.

I don't know how quick I'll be poppin' these things out, but that's what I plan to do anyways, and of course, if I have a problem... hee... hey guys!

Thanx to all of you for the help, especially Lunar. I couldn't have gotten this working without you. I'll give you tons of credit!

Your Grandma Loves Me.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 7:29 AM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! It worketh! :D

And the fat morph is done, no problems there. The UV mapping and animations are clean also. I've tested it in bodyshop, and in the game.

You'll see it on here very very soon. I have to make recolors of course, but I have plenty of time.

Now, before I get a million requests to make this for teens (which I just KNOW that is comming... sheesh) I'm just going to go ahead and do it. Let's pray that goes over well... with no aliens.

And I think I'll rework my male mesh also. I want the flared sleeves gone, and the collar and stuff. My coarse of action for this is just to put the legs on a nude male mesh. Since I know how not to get half a million skeletons, that should work fine also. I'll do that for teen males too in time.

I don't know how quick I'll be poppin' these things out, but that's what I plan to do anyways, and of course, if I have a problem... hee... hey guys!

Thanx to all of you for the help, especially Lunar. I couldn't have gotten this working without you. I'll give you tons of credit!

Aw, no problem. Actually, I learned a lot too. I wasn't sure the problem you had could be fixed without starting everything over, but now I know it can, which is very helpful. :D

It's a really cool looking mesh too. So it'll be nice seeing it all textured and animated in-game! :D

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 12:03 AM
I have a couple more questions...

If my Milkshape never asks me wheither or not I want to create additional bone defs, then how can I prevent from adding a new skeleton in the future?

Also, if I wanted to make this mesh for teens too, do I have to resize it if I join it at the waist? It doesn't seem to me that I would have to since it's not at the neck.

Your Grandma Loves Me.
Alchemist
#30 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 1:01 AM
It still asks that question for animated object meshes.

But it does not ask for body meshes because that ends up being broken if you give the wrong answer, so it just automatically goes to the same code as NO used to go to. But it knows the skeleton in memory is a body mesh. Too many people were getting bitten by giving the wrong answer accidentally, even people that were not new meshers.

So, if the model in memory has a skeleton, and you select import, either it asks if it is a body mesh, or just automatically does a no. In any case, it will not import a second skeleton without asking.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 4:06 AM
Ahh... that is very helpful.

I'm still trying to figure out how I got two in the first place. Prolly doing the "select all" in the menu like Lunar said. I'll make sure to keep away from that for sure.

I'm about ready to start the teen version. This should be interesting. Still, let's pray for no more aliens.

Your Grandma Loves Me.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 4:28 AM
Ahh... that is very helpful.

I'm still trying to figure out how I got two in the first place. Prolly doing the "select all" in the menu like Lunar said. I'll make sure to keep away from that for sure.

I'm about ready to start the teen version. This should be interesting. Still, let's pray for no more aliens.

lol. That must have been it. I did it twice before. Because I usually use 'select all' for most things besides MS3D. Then 2 stupid skeletons happen... and you don't notice AT ALL, unless you just so happen to scroll down the joints menu and witness the repeated bones..... but you won't even notice THOSE unless you are animating on the hair bones... because that's the only time you actually need to scroll that far down the joint list... lol

I just made a law that "select all" in MS is evil and just never put my cursor near it anymore. ^^

You don't need to resize the bottoms of the adult, unless they don't match up with the top... but the neck area is the hard thing with teen/adult swapping.. that, and the arms and shoulders are different and stuff.

What I'd do is just extract some teen pants or something and put them in MS3D to compare with your adult pants. Then just make sure your pants are meeting everything at the right place (so your pelvis and knees are at the same level as the teen ones are)..... but the pants should be easy enough.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 5:09 AM Last edited by Sheyza : 16th Oct 2007 at 7:53 AM.
Default Err... Hee hee
Well, I wouldn't say these meet up at the right place.

I was like daaaaaang. I didn't expect the male bottom to be THAT much bigger than the teen female top.

I tried to scale it, but the only things I sucessfully managed to do was turn the bottoms upside down and make them hideously longer. But what else do you expect from the community's village idiot?

------------------

Ok, now look at the second screenshot. Does that look like I fixed the sizing correctly?

------------------

Yay!

I made the entire teen version with no problems at all! And by myself too. Thanks to all of you for teaching me all that stuff about the skeletons, among other things. I have a much better understanding of Milkshape and meshing all-together now.

THANK YOU!!!

I should be able to tackle both the male versions now.
Screenshots

Your Grandma Loves Me.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:29 AM
Well, I wouldn't say these meet up at the right place.

I was like daaaaaang. I didn't expect the male bottom to be THAT much bigger than the teen female top.

I tried to scale it, but the only things I sucessfully managed to do was turn the bottoms upside down and make them hideously longer. But what else do you expect from the community's village idiot?

------------------

Ok, now look at the second screenshot. Does that look like I fixed the sizing correctly?

------------------

Yay!

I made the entire teen version with no problems at all! And by myself too. Thanks to all of you for teaching me all that stuff about the skeletons, among other things. I have a much better understanding of Milkshape and meshing all-together now.

THANK YOU!!!

I should be able to tackle both the male versions now.

Yay! That's awesome!
The community needs mod great mesh creators anyway. There are a lot of recolours but not enough interesting meshes to recolour!
Actually, no need to thank me. I'll get my thanks when you put your outfits up to download. lol
So far they look pretty cool! I'm loving the pants! XD
And I love seeing new meshes that include the morphmods. There are not that many.. at least, if there are, I am not aware of it. ^^
I never end up making my sims chubby, but if it happens, I like it to actually show. XD

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
Page 2 of 2