Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 10:26 PM
Default Maintenance workers issue
Right, so. Resorts. I love them. I love making places that makes money roll in every day. I love getting praise in the form of little stars. Probably my favourite thing about the expansion.

However...

I hired a few high quality maintenance workers to keep things fresh and nice. But there's a problem. They don't repair stuff. They hardly even clean stuff.
In my current save file I got three VIP rooms. My sims can't enter the rooms even though they own the place so I have to rely on my workers to keep them fresh. In one of the rooms the bathroom sink is broken and water is pouring everywhere...
And my worker goes in, mops the floor and then leaves. He then usually goes to restock one buffet table then he comes back to mop up the new puddle that formed while he was gone and then he leaves again. The other two rooms are dirty now, but he doesn't clean them because all he's got time for is apparently the puddles and the food.

Is there any mod that is known to cause conflicts with this? Is it a bug that others have encountered? I've had issues with things breaking all the time as well, even things that have been made unbreakable, but I'm more concerned about the workers...

Thanks in advance.

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 11:25 PM
I've seen it mentioned as a bug, someone suggested using Bonehilda if you have supernatural. I haven't tried it yet as I haven't got far with resort owning, but it worth a try.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 12:13 AM
I have seen a resort worker successfully repair a broken sink at my resort, so I know that they can do it, or they are supposed to be able to do it, or that some of them at least are supposed to be able to do it. As far as the VIP rooms are concerned, I use Teleport Me Here and teleport my owner sim into the room, and then repair the stuff. You need Testingcheatsenabled turned on to use the teleport me here.

Otherwise, it seems to me that the sinks and bathrooms at the resort break all the time, so I've had my owner sim do the Unbreakable upgrade on everything, and this seems to be working so far as I can tell; I haven't seen these items breaking again afterwards.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 1:14 AM
Hmm, good to know it's probably a mod issue then. I'm going to clean out my mod folder and see what happens then. If all else fails, thank you for your suggestions on how to work around the issue

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Eminence Grise
#5 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annette19
someone suggested using Bonehilda if you have supernatural.

Hah, I kinda love the idea of a haunted resort Like in the Shining! Those two ghost sims in IP could run it or the Goths!

On the maintenance worker who wouldn't fix stuff, did you check his/her traits? Maybe it's like maids where their traits make a difference in how well they work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 4:47 AM
Didn't check his traits, but it occurred with several workers, all of whom acted the same way.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 3:29 PM
I've had the same thing, they just mop up the puddle left by a broken sink and then wander off to do something else. I also had another sink related issue - my sim is level 10 handiness and he fixed aforementioned broken sink, only for it to break again 2 sim hours later after nobody going near it... has this EP jinxed the sinks?!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 10:54 PM
can't be a mod issue, same problems here with the doors, and i'm playing without mods / cc and reinstalled my game for ip..

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
and you have burned so very, very brightly, roy.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 10:58 PM
and it seems like there's the same problem with the sinks in ip like the fireplaces in university..

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
and you have burned so very, very brightly, roy.
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 6:32 PM
After my owner got preggos all maintance workers from both my resorts dont show up anymore. I sold the resorts and bought them back but still no workers.
Scholar
#11 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 2:04 AM
Have you tried changing the staff? It worked for me. I guess I just had a lazy staff.
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 5:57 AM
I know for me I had to save them to the bin and start a new world for them to work again
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 11:39 PM
I noticed my maintenance crew missing after I bought my third resort, and now own all pre-made ones. Could it be that even if you hire all 3 to every resort you'll only get total of 3 workers, not 3/resort?!
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 10:22 PM
Okay I was just having this problem I have no mods on my game but I found a solution to it go into build mode and remove Broken object from room and put in non VIP area like a hallway then repair it I am planning on doing this again when my handiness level is up so I can upgrade it to unbreakable
One Minute Ninja'd
#15 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 10:58 PM
Okay, it's true this thread is old and in desperate need of maintenance, but necro'ing it won't help out the folks without workers 2 years ago.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 11:01 PM
I waited for one minute after you posted, eskie. Happy?

And, Jrock13, while I appreciate that you offered a solution to this issue, it is nevertheless not really appreciated here to resurrect threads that are several years old and that haven't had any responses since then.

Ah yes, forgot to mention. This thread is now closed.
Locked thread | Locked by: Don Babilon Reason: Thread necromancy aka threadcromancy