Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 12:20 AM Last edited by sweetswami77 : 1st Aug 2008 at 7:17 AM.
Default Adding joints
Is it possible to add joints to an object that doesn't have any? How would one go about that?

Thanks so much!
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 5:47 AM
Instructor
#3 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 5:49 AM
Echo wrote a wonderful tutorial about it, check it out
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 5:52 AM
Perfect! Thanks so much, Echo!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 12:58 AM
One more question--where it says to import the mesh into Milkshape using the Unimesh import tool, how do I do that? When I try, it tells me it's an invalid file type. Am I missing a step?

Thanks!
Alchemist
#6 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 4:32 AM
If you are going to import a mesh into MilkShape using UniMesh, then the file must be obtained from SimPE by using the "extract" function (rather than export).

An extract is done by picking the mesh in the resource list, right-clicking on it and choosing "extract". After providing a filename, you will have what is a copy of the mesh data from the game, and that is what UniMesh wants to see. Files generated by using export will require different plugins than UniMesh to process.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 7:17 AM
Ah, thank you, Wes! I'll give that a try.