Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2576 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I’ll probably mention in the chat section when I’m ready with the contest, it might take a while before I prepare everything
Please PM when the contest goes live too - I would like to be a contestant

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2577 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 11:21 PM
I'm really glad you all liked the contest, I enjoyed hosting it. :D

Just an update: I now have scores from 2 of the judges so I will start putting scores across to my sheet, but I am busy now since it is now a new school term and during the week, so it will take a few days.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2578 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 2:52 AM
Hey just a heads up since a few people have commented on my hot tub in my church to me. Here in the South, in churches it isn't uncommon to have a huge garden tub type thing for baptisms, Well we don't have a gigantic garden tub thing for baptisms in the Sims, that is big enough for two people, so I used a hot tub for a baptismal font. I was actually baptized in one very similar to the hot tub, and my daughter was too. My romantic thing was actually the wedding arch. I guess I didn't think to explain because it is so ingrained in my thinking that people would get its presence in a church, that I didn't think to write an explanation!
Top Secret Researcher
#2579 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Hey just a heads up since a few people have commented on my hot tub in my church to me. Here in the South, in churches it isn't uncommon to have a huge garden tub type thing for baptisms, Well we don't have a gigantic garden tub thing for baptisms in the Sims, that is big enough for two people, so I used a hot tub for a baptismal font. I was actually baptized in one very similar to the hot tub, and my daughter was too. My romantic thing was actually the wedding arch. I guess I didn't think to explain because it is so ingrained in my thinking that people would get its presence in a church, that I didn't think to write an explanation!

That's funny, because I'm up North and I understood it instantly. It was very clever to use that for baptism.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2580 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:24 AM
Lab Assistant
#2581 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 6:25 AM
Default I am SOOOO excited!
I was thinking about all the things I've learned thanks to the competition like not using auto-roofs, painting recolours and not using pink carpet on ceilings lol
But this got me thinking what else could I try to learn? So I thought meshing would probably be too hard but what's to lose?
I don't know if any of you spin (I think Peni mentioned that she sews) but I have a favorite spindle made from ancient bog oak and thought my self sim should have it too so I dug into wings 3d, uv mapper etc and came up with this

I would never have even thought of trying if not for the competition. You've made a monster!

Scottiedoag
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2582 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 10:33 AM
I love that my contest has got you inspired. Even though i have no clue what that is. ^

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2583 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM
Apologies to all, I sent my scores to Jo but managed to send her an empty template and for some reason I didn't save the scores so I am having to start again!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#2584 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 4:50 PM
Wondering how plastered did we get one judge?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2585 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 7:29 PM
I don't drink

Mad Poster
#2586 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 10:14 PM
Good to know the fermented fruit juice bar is innocent then
Seriously, thank you, I think it must have been quite a task to redo everything. Would have offered you a fermented fruit juice for strength....
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2587 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:06 PM
I haven't finished yet - had to go to work! Am on it now though

Top Secret Researcher
#2588 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:15 AM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 13th Jul 2017 at 9:15 AM. Reason: wording
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Apologies to all, I sent my scores to Jo but managed to send her an empty template and for some reason I didn't save the scores so I am having to start again!

Oh my... I can't even imagine doing them all over. Since you don't drink (I don't either), you may find comfort in a strong cuppa joe, tea or some hot chocolate then!
However, if it is as warm where you are as it is here in the Mitten state... you may find comfort in a cool glass of (strawberry) lemonade instead.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2589 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:46 AM
Coffee all the way! I dislike tea with a vengeance! Scores are redone and submitted, phew

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2590 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:47 AM
Karen lives in the UK so I doubt it, her hot is what I would call a pleasant spring day. However never fear I now have not only hers scores but judge 3 scores as well.

Lol, ninja'd.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2591 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:40 PM
I have often seen people from the UK swimming in winter in cold water here, so I have to agree to the pleasant spring day
Instructor
#2592 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I have often seen people from the UK swimming in winter in cold water here

Unless there's a layer of ice, it isn't cold

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#2593 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 2:30 PM
And if it gets down below 75 degrees (that's about 24 for those using that newfangled Celsius stuff) at night, it isn't hot!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2594 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:16 PM
We're getting a small break in the heat here - Florida - it rained most of the day yesterday and it's raining right now. Last night got down to 79F during the night. YAY!!!

...just commenting... *whistles on by*

<<< strawberry lemonade (w/potato-juice) - yum! LOL!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#2595 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 7:10 PM
William, the dog won't even go into the water if it is that cold, but the British here will Of course they do adapt if they live here and get less brave every winter!

Cat, that strawberry thing sounds good, I will have some at the fermented fruit juice bar next time! (Hot chocolate here, it is winter after all ).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2596 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:59 AM
With potato juice...?

I don't 'drink' either, doesn't mix with my medication. I will however take a nice mocktale of lemonade, strawberry juice and mint. I had one a few days ago, yummy. :D

I am going to try to get these scores over today-just hard during the week.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2597 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 2:39 AM
I've finished my house for Jim Evans the Olympian. It's not a contest entry -- not even a play-along entry, and it doesn't use one of Jo's foundations, but in other respects it meets all his requirements and wants, and I intend to post it in the same way as an entry (a bit like I did with the hippies' trailer). It is a modern house, with the "required" object, and lots of opportunities to build his body skill. It's also the first building in which I've used CFE, and at over §128K, by far the most expensive residential property I've ever built. Andrew, my MD, says it's a ridiculous amount to spend on house for a single Sim, but "If the client's prepared to spend that much, we'd be mad not to build it for him!" I've now taken all the "required" pictures, and, all being well, he'll move in tomorrow.

Please don't close this thread before I've posted! It's taken me longer than I expected.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2598 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:33 AM
Andrew the thread isn't being closed, I have scores to post and that won't be today and maybe not even tomorrow-we shall see.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2599 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 7:14 AM
You keep on doing your thing AndrewGloria! Goodness knows I'm having fun with the foundations provided to us.
You too scottiedoag!!! You have just been on a roll with the recoloring and now meshing... geez. Time for me to learn something new too!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2600 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 1:26 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 16th Jul 2017 at 1:18 AM.
Here we go, scores for the final round. :D

Note from Judge 3: General Note to all contestants: Sims will want to throw bottles away, it is a good idea to have a trash bin/compactor in or very near the parenting room.If anyone can prove that they did have a trash bin/compactor in or very near the parenting room and I just missed it, you can give them a .5 back to playability.

Round 5 Judging Scores and Comments

Thank you to everyone who took part, be it part of the way or to the end. I have enjoyed seeing everyone's lots and families and I did read all of the stories about them.
Also huge thanks to the 3 judges Charmful, CatherineTCJD and Karen Lorraine, as well as to Emperor Crat even though an emergency judge wasn't needed.

On to the next contest!

~Call me Jo~

Page 104 of 106