Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1751 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:31 AM
My Sims ate my cowberry. Amanda had found it while fishing in Granite Falls, and I'd transferred it to Makenzie's inventory before she died. This was an heirloom, to be saved for some future gardner in the family, but it was not to be. While making yogurt parfait, which calls for 'any fruit', I assumed she'd use the 'perfect' quality strawberries or grapes in her inventory, or one of the 99+ 'perfect' growfruits. It never occurred to me that she'd use the one 'normal' quality fruit. When the yogurt parfait turned out 'poor', I got suspicious, and peeked in her inventory. No cowberry.
Advertisement
Scholar
#1752 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by invisiblgirl
My Sims ate my cowberry. Amanda had found it while fishing in Granite Falls, and I'd transferred it to Makenzie's inventory before she died. This was an heirloom, to be saved for some future gardner in the family, but it was not to be. While making yogurt parfait, which calls for 'any fruit', I assumed she'd use the 'perfect' quality strawberries or grapes in her inventory, or one of the 99+ 'perfect' growfruits. It never occurred to me that she'd use the one 'normal' quality fruit. When the yogurt parfait turned out 'poor', I got suspicious, and peeked in her inventory. No cowberry.

Try fishing in Magnolia Promenade. Over my years of playing Sims 4 I've caught several cowplant berries there, plus pomegranates and dragonfruit.
Lab Assistant
#1753 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Try fishing in Magnolia Promenade. Over my years of playing Sims 4 I've caught several cowplant berries there, plus pomegranates and dragonfruit.

It's the pomegranite I've been trying to get, lately (for the superfood salad). I've looked everywhere for cherry trees, but no luck. (That was a fiasco - Aubree somehow switched places with her father when I moved him back into the household. Mom was still standing by her desk, ready to help with the homework, and looking sort of stunned. ('Where did she go? She was just right here. Kids!') Aubree was at the Landgraab mansion, looking for the non-existent cherry tree.) I know I've found them before (when I was looking for snapdragons). I finally gave up and downloaded the tree from the gallery.
Scholar
#1754 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:40 PM
It's the pomegranite I've been trying to get, lately (for the superfood salad). I've looked everywhere for cherry trees, but no luck. (That was a fiasco - Aubree somehow switched places with her father when I moved him back into the household. Mom was still standing by her desk, ready to help with the homework, and looking sort of stunned. ('Where did she go? She was just right here. Kids!') Aubree was at the Landgraab mansion, looking for the non-existent cherry tree.) I know I've found them before (when I was looking for snapdragons). I finally gave up and downloaded the tree from the gallery.

There are cherry trees by the Raffia Quinta lot in Oasis Springs. Another place you can get some harder to find produce (like blackberries) is the produce stall in San Myshuno. Carl's Sims 4 Guide has a really good page all about gardening with a list of where to find plants: The Sims 4 Gardening Plant List, Fertilizer, and Grafting Plants.
Field Researcher
#1755 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:36 AM
There are cherry trees by the Raffia Quinta lot in Oasis Springs. Another place you can get some harder to find produce (like blackberries) is the produce stall in San Myshuno. Carl's Sims 4 Guide has a really good page all about gardening with a list of where to find plants: The Sims 4 Gardening Plant List, Fertilizer, and Grafting Plants.

You can also buy seeds in the city where they sell produce. I do that all the time buy the cherry seeds there.
Lab Assistant
#1756 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:35 AM

I was using Carl's guide, and wasn't finding the trees where they were supposed to be. I tried first with Makenzie, and assumed that since she'd previously lived in Oasis Springs, she shouldn't need to wait for plants to spawn, but apparently, it doesn't work that way. Then, I had the boyfriend, who was still living in Oasis Springs, look, and he did find spawning plants, but no cherry trees in the locations on Carl's map.

Totally a different subject - I finally had a kid go through the 'unbearably sad' phase, and it was adorable. The kids are so cute in their little bear costumes.
Scholar
#1757 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:40 PM
I was using Carl's guide, and wasn't finding the trees where they were supposed to be. I tried first with Makenzie, and assumed that since she'd previously lived in Oasis Springs, she shouldn't need to wait for plants to spawn, but apparently, it doesn't work that way. Then, I had the boyfriend, who was still living in Oasis Springs, look, and he did find spawning plants, but no cherry trees in the locations on Carl's map.

Totally a different subject - I finally had a kid go through the 'unbearably sad' phase, and it was adorable. The kids are so cute in their little bear costumes.

Plant spawning in Sims 4 can be a real pain. I think it took about four Sim days for the cherry tree to mature near the household I'm playing now (she's on the Raffia Quinta lot I mentioned). That's one good thing about the produce stalls in San Myshuno. I wish we had regular stores in Sims 4 though. I miss that. And right now harvestables are broken for being sold on retail lots, which is super frustrating.

I've never had a problem using that guide from Carl's, but I haven't used it a long time either though, because I've played so long now I pretty much know where I need to go to find things.
Mad Poster
#1758 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:24 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th Feb 2018 at 12:16 AM.
Mike Myers is attempting numerous times to hit on my simself. However, for the both of them, it means numerous times hiding in bed under the sheets in their room. Dana charmed my simself and Alice Cooper was caught crying in my simself's walk in closet.

You know, from this post forward in this thread, I will address my simself as me, I and myself, because it's just getting tedious to ad nauseum points. Besides, you know it's not really me when it involves my sims. I will even address the neighborhood being played.

In Newcrest, things aren't so rosy for myself. After much winning over of Dana Carvey, Mike Myers flirts with Dana, causing a rift between the two of us. Don't look now, but Jon Lovitz might have reason to hurl if Mike Myers keeps flirting with Dana Carvey. (Jon Lovitz was one of a few people Dana worked with. IRL He told a gross joke to Jon and he remembered Jon honking for half an hour.)

Also, I was at the Humor and Hijinks Festival in San Myshuno. Jamie Hyneman was at the bar and Adam Savage sold t-shirts and explosives. Naturally, Adam Savage was in his element of selling explosives at a festival for comedy.

Either way, I normally IRL don't consider the act of kissing someone's hand to have any romantic or sexual connotation. According to my heritage, my family considers it a sign of dignified respect. Oh, well...whatever. I guess some things are lost in translation when it comes to gestures.

Back to San Myshuno...Me and Mike Myers set off a Roman Candle and we ended up crispy for the duration of the festival. But it was nice to see Adam and Jamie taking time off from their work with the Planetary Society CEO and his fellow scientists.

I guess it was interesting. I also replaced the walk in closet with a dresser so Alice Cooper couldn't hide among my mini skirts and neck ties, crying how heartbroken he is. It's kind of creepy hearing a 70-year old man cry in my wardrobe.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#1759 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:22 PM
I'm getting too sentimental in my middle age. There was a time when I wouldn't have thought twice about killing off an unneeded Sim (and even made buyable fire to get the job done more efficiently), but I have to confess: I haven't deliberately killed a Sims 4 Sim yet.

I brought in Drake, who had the romantic trait, for the sole purpose of sweeping Aubree off her feet and making a baby. I'd planned to drown in him a pool, but he seemed like a good guy, so I just moved him out. He sent his kid a gift when he was born, and the kid calls him every once in a while. Meanwhile, Aubree's mom, Makenzie, apparently passed to the great beyond, but is still spamming her with invites. Even the ghosts are obnoxious in this game.

As for the kid, Baylor, I'd planned the criminal track for him (just because I haven't played that), but he's such a nice boy. He completed three of the four child aspirations before aging up, and as a teen, he's already achieved the 'maximum body potential' of the bodybuilder aspiration and just needs to get to level 10 in fitness to complete it. And the school gave him a cute little bunny statue in recognition of his academic achievement. He seems to like it. I mean, how can a criminal have a bunny? He's looking more astronaut, now.

(Those school projects are a pain - they always seem to be assigned on the worst possible day, when everyone is stressed or short on sleep. But, I love that moment when the kid and parent finish and stand there with that, 'Cool, look what we just made' expression.)

Another random: I had that odd glitch in which you can't save because a Sim is aging up, but none of the Sims in the household were aging up, nor was anyone in their contacts list. I always save when I put my Sims to bed, and I just waited until morning, and was able to save. I'm playing with aging on for all Sims, and I think some random person on the far end of the lot must have decided to age up on their property. (And probably got a sad because no one in the house cared about their birthday.)
Scholar
#1760 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:36 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 21st Feb 2018 at 7:55 PM.
Uh as you know, I have two saves, a 'true reality' and an 'alternate reality' or alternate timeline. I have myself sim in there with her husband and a bunch of kids they had all at once, different from their real reality counterparts.

I decided to take the vanilla version (no traits, ect) of my favorite Sim Henry, and roll him back to toddler, give him his now dead father (he's dead in the normal reality) and give him the mother he never had (she never existed, that is to say, she died when he was a child. His father was created when Henry was already an adult).

Anyway I've been playing the toddler version of him and of course it'll change the outcome of his life and he wont marry the same sim or have the same kids. I usually find toddlers a bit annoying to play even in TS4 but little Henry has been a delight to play because I know who he will become. Its also so nice to have Hugh, Henry's father back. I really liked him as an elder and now he's a young adult! I like doing this in my game. Playing totally different realities/timelines with the same characters. (But only the really special sims, not all of them)

Lab Assistant
#1761 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:22 AM
My Sim Josh went out jogging and came home with a dog. The dog was a stray and seemed to be following him. Now the family have a dog. I have no idea what sort of dog it is, it’s large and brown and barks a lot. It’s called Cole. Meanwhile, Shaun, from another family, got abducted by a space ship and had a baby. The day after he had the baby he was abducted again. I closed before he came home. I hope he’s not going to have another baby, as his wife had triplets not long before and so there are four babies in the house already.
Theorist
#1762 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 8265jww
My Sim Josh went out jogging and came home with a dog. The dog was a stray and seemed to be following him. Now the family have a dog. I have no idea what sort of dog it is, it’s large and brown and barks a lot. It’s called Cole. Meanwhile, Shaun, from another family, got abducted by a space ship and had a baby. The day after he had the baby he was abducted again. I closed before he came home. I hope he’s not going to have another baby, as his wife had triplets not long before and so there are four babies in the house already.

As a fun personal challenge, wait until the four of them are toddlers and try to get them all in highchairs at the same time, I've managed it once or twice when one of my families and four little tots. it's frustrating as hell but you'll feel proud of yourself, then you will shut the game off and refuse to play it for three months.
Lab Assistant
#1763 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:51 PM
Arrgh! This game hates empathy. I've never managed to get the 'compassionate' trait in one of my Sims - they'll have full empathy from playing with the doctor set when they become teens, but then they do stupid things at school and inevitably lose empathy. I had my Sim spend Saturday volunteering, and Monday, she hacked into the school's computer. (Not really - it was a chance card that came up, not something she did at home.) I tried to choose the option that wasn't supposed to affect empathy, but it knocked her out of the range for the 'compassionate' trait anyway.

I figured I'd send her off to volunteer again that afternoon, but instead she comes home 'very sad' (mood swing) with a school project to boot.
Lab Assistant
#1764 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 1:27 PM
After five generations of searching for pocket lint and loose change, my Sim kid finally found something else in the laundry: a chocolate-chip cookie. I looked in her inventory, but only found a dirty plate. She ate the cookie (confirmed, as her hunger bar went up). Ewww. She does not have the glutton or slob traits.
Who carries chocolate-chip cookies in their pocket?
On a plate????
Scholar
#1765 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 8:39 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 27th Feb 2018 at 11:31 PM.
Well I just installed Jungle adventures so I'll be playing adult Henry in the normal reality. (In the alternate reality Henry became a big brother to little sister named Amelia) Since Henry is my favorite sim and the one who has completed all skills, he seems like the correct choice. And I just realised how 'correct' choice he is... level 10 fitness and logic, plus as he completed the master chef aspiration, the food he cooks at base camp can't expire ever, so he can just stick that in his inventory and eat delicious meals with his wife and not those 'grilled cheese' to go things...
Mad Poster
#1766 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 12:46 PM
So, after a looong hiatus, I got back to my game in Newcrest. (I had been searching for a job to keep my body moving regularly)

In Newcrest:
Dana Carvey proposes to "me" and they eloped while "my" mother was at work. However, Mike Myers kept sobbing under the covers (he was close to "me" and Dana, around the same intimacy level to kiss us) and since Alice Cooper had little attachment to "me", it wasn't so hard on him.

I futzed with the outfit planner and gave Dana some colorful slacker gear. Likewise, I dressed "myself" in similar clothes.

I plan on getting Laundry Day and Jungle Adventure tomorrow.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

dodgy builder
#1767 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 9:15 PM
Sarah Elise received a blessing and was transformed into a skeleton. This is the moment when her husband sees her for the first time.

Screenshots
Scholar
#1768 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 9:59 PM
Just some highlights of my jungle adventure if youre interested.

Okay this dance... I swear it should give a flirty vibe after performing it because I'm pretty sure I was feeling flirty just watching that hip action *he's just a sim, he's just a sim*

Guess what guys! You can totally put a tent there by the waterfalls if you wanna do stuff

This view was amazing! Like 4/5 if I'm gonna rate teh graphics of this pack. Not 5/5 because of low poly animals and lack of deco in the actual temples.. But the jungle areas themselves holy sh$t sticks guys

Love this whole look, the clothes for this pack are awesome. The new dance/music is amazing. THe furniture is awesome. The decorations are awesome. THe jungle is awesome. The temple is ehhhh okay. Pretty cool. Not as cool as TS3 however TS3's temples got BLOODY REPETITIVE as hell and I ended up skipping (teleporting) through the traps most of the time and found it mega boring. The temples were also too big! Could never complete anything in a single trip! Here you can complete several temples in one trip, and still come back at a later date for more! While the LOOK of the jungle temple isn't as awesome perhaps as World Adventures, I loooove the idea of the temple resetting and being random each time you arrive.

The first time I did it, the temple was rather small. The second time, it was quite a bit bigger and had a few extra levels underground. I also love that I can book a seven day holiday right off the bat rather than gain skills from repeated vacations in order to earn longer vacations in TS3 WA. That was stupid. Glad that there is no more stupid task board where I had to meet with locals. Now my incentive to meet with locals is to gain knowledge of the local culture that will help me through my jungle adventure. (Rather than earn points towards longer trips yawn)
Lab Assistant
#1769 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 8:55 AM
Finally had my sim autonomously woohoo for the first time playing sims 4! She was at the narwhal arms and dancing away, don lothario started chatting to her and next thing I know, they are headed to the closet! I play with mods including mccc, more personality please and was using my own custom trait which increases autonomous flirty and romantic actions. Made up as I love a bit of drama!

Don lothario though. What was she thinking? 😂
Lab Assistant
#1770 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:47 AM
Using WW's period mod, I was thinking about getting my lady Sim pregnant on the day she was ovulating. I decided against it, because she was single, just starting her career, and living in a 1-bedroom apartment.
The decision was made for me, however, as she was abducted by aliens that night.
And came back pregnant.
With twins.
Scholar
#1771 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PurpleThistles
Finally had my sim autonomously woohoo for the first time playing sims 4! She was at the narwhal arms and dancing away, don lothario started chatting to her and next thing I know, they are headed to the closet! I play with mods including mccc, more personality please and was using my own custom trait which increases autonomous flirty and romantic actions. Made up as I love a bit of drama!

Don lothario though. What was she thinking? 😂

My sims used to autonomously woohoo all the time, without any mods. Of course, only if they were in a romantic relationship together (generally married). I really love the spontaneity of it. Sometimes though it was poorly timed as my sims would woohoo immediately following the birth of a baby (Real humans should not woohoo for at least 6 weeks following birth due to reasons like a 8 lb baby ripping your insides out)... nothing gets me friskier than giving birth ehhhh ehhh?

Anyway...I digress...

Sent my sims (Self sim and husband) on a jungle adventure. The temple I entered was 3 levels and fairly well decorated with a lot of plants. It's funny, for being so well decorated just outside the temple, the temples themselves don't have a lot of ruins just lying around.. still fun times had collecting all the treasures! Also! We decided to adopt a stray dog (an afghan hound, who'da thought an afghan hound in south america?) and sent him home so now our house is full (so no more babies or alien abductions whew).

SO far I have only been attacked by bees and spiders, no lightning bugs or fire bugs. Buying a tent, grill and portable shower reallllly comes in handy. TOo bad there aren't poohoo bushes at every location! :]

ETA:

This hair with a beard looks AMAZING on my sim!

It's really gorgeous tbh like I wanna run my fingers through that if it werent clay lol
Mad Poster
#1772 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:32 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:28 AM.
Okay, I have a bit of bad news...

1. I didn't buy the add on packs like I said. That money had to go toward rice because it's not in my local supermarket and I eat a ton of it because I lost my gallbladder on Alice Cooper's 62nd birthday. Sucked to be me then.
2. The wind in the storm in my area knocks power out in blips, so I couldn't play games requiring constant power. I could only play handhelds and the Switch (Not to mention it screwed up my plans to bake cookies and cheddar biscuit and I stopped dieting in an anal retentive matter. I take certain things to their Nth degrees)
3. I had plans to install a swimming pool instead of a drowning pool. #2 explained why.

Edit: The wind stopped for now so I made a swimming pool. I ended up turning it into a drowning pool. The Grim Reaper came inside for a snack and started to get angry at Alice, possibly because Alice cheated him out of his soul to the Grim Reaper 30 years ago. Either way, "I" decided I couldn't care for "my" elderly parents, so with the pool and weerbesu's UI mod, I didn't have to wait for Grim to come for "my" parents. I released both their spirits to the netherworld because from my knowledge of Sim ghosts, drowned Sims leave puddles and I had to replace two toilets and a dishwasher and mopping is a bitch because it's a thankless chore in any reality.

Looks like this will be a start for "my" graveyard in the backyard. If Mike Myers doesn't stop hitting on "me" or Dana, I will rebuild the drowning pool. Alice is not on "my" bad side because "I" work with Grim to spare him in his active retirement. His faculties are normal for a man half his age.

Scholar
#1773 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:48 AM
Things are going really well.

Top Secret Researcher
#1774 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:37 AM
I guess the dog really dont want her to be grounded.

Screenshots
Scholar
#1775 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:23 AM
Well our trip to Salvedorado went pretty good. Although my sim has level 10 Charisma, handiness and logic, they still failed quite a few traps and ended up cursed or singed, ect. (My previous equally skilled sim sustained NO injuries/curses)

However, this expedition was a lot more successful. We got a lot more artifacts than the first expedition with the other equally skilled sims. When they arrived home (after 7 days) I created a sub-basement museum for all their artifacts, and added some decorations, and I also created a separate room for continued authentication and storage of the archeology tables.

Here is the layout. I LOVE THESE SPARKLY STONE WALLS!

On our trip we met this gorgeous stray afghan hound which we adopted. Here he is drinking from the toilet. (Or is it a she idk). First dog I've had to do this....

All I've ever really wanted added back into sims 4 is SLOW dancing. I'm really happy with the Rumbasim and thanks to clipping, it had some unexpectedly kind of sexy results. Under the spoiler. IF this is not okay to post this pic I apologize. There is NO nudity. But they're in their sleep clothes (underwear, night gown)

I'm kind of okay with that...
Page 71 of 104