Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#76 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jay290783
Sorry. I could've sworn I'd opened that and it wasn't what I was looking for. I guess I can't have looked at that. Sorry

Edit 1: It's working now.
Thanks again. Sorry for all the confusion and messing around when it was something so simple. I feel a right fool now

No worries, I think my post read as being stern, but I didn't mean it that way! I should have put a in, sorry for that. Don't feel a fool, we all get frustrated with this game!

So, are the pet spawners working for you too? *Fingers crossed*
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
No worries, I think my post read as being stern, but I didn't mean it that way! I should have put a in, sorry for that. Don't feel a fool, we all get frustrated with this game!

So, are the pet spawners working for you too? *Fingers crossed*

Sorry did I not say? Thought I did. Duh! lol.
Yeah they're showing up now.
It's frustrating that it was something so simple. You'd think EA would allow CAW to auto-detect a Package folder if it exists.
Surely they realise by now that people are doing that?

They're just awkward.

At least they're not as harsh as Activision. Got my copy of COD: MW3 for my PS3 on Tuesday and wasn't allowed to use student discount on it because Activision had banned it being used on that game.
Money grabbing bugars! lol
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#78 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 11:26 PM
I'm glad it's working now, Jay! *Phew*
Scholar
#79 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porphyria259
I just decided to do something I know how to do and enabled them to show up in CAW (thanks to Simsamples tutorial!). It's just one file with all the minor pet spawners and the dog dig spot. Just slap em in the framework file for CAW and they should show up.

Thank you for this, very much appreciated. It worked a charm. I was fed up with putting all the spawners inside lots.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 6:37 AM
Know this is old, but it wasn't till recently that I thought about looking for a method to place the small pet spawners in CAW, instead of on lots in game. I located the download on the first page, and have that, but am unsure where to place it. Does it go into a package file in the CAW folder? If so, in the program one or the documents one? Can I place it in the package folder in the Sims 3, as with other custom content? Do I need a new package folder for this? I can follow the steps, if detailed, just not sure what is needed in this case. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 7:38 AM
Field Researcher
#82 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 3:59 PM Last edited by LadyGreenEyes649 : 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
Here's a tutorial http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481967

Much simpler explanation, thanks! For the package folder, do I place it in the program folder, same location as the resource file is located? I did find that one easily. Much appreciated!

Never mind - just made the package file, and the spawners are there! WOOT! HUGE help, many thanks! Really didn't want them ONLY on lots, and really didn't want to have to make little lots all over the place, only for small animal spawners. MANY thanks.

Quick question - once I update CAW for Seasons and University, is it safe to assume I will have to do this again?
Forum Resident
#83 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes649
Quick question - once I update CAW for Seasons and University, is it safe to assume I will have to do this again?

I pull my packages folder, and resource.cfg file before uninstalling, then just replace after the new installation.
Page 4 of 4