Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 10:10 AM Last edited by Nadira : 12th Jun 2006 at 11:14 AM.
Default "change material" question (possibly queer?)
I wanted to test something for a possible future project and have got stuck.
What I want to do: Create a new object instance (no problem), then change the object (still out of world) to pick up the texture of another object by using the "change material" BHAV.
I have problems with the instruction settings.
I know how to define the texture I want to pick up (clearly definable by the slot it´s held in).
But I did not yet find out how I can define the correct target object (the one that is to be changed and has just been created by its GUID) and how to give the instruction to keep the mesh of the target object. I have been playing around with the operands, but could not identify the correct setting.

I know this is maybe a very queer enterprise, but I had some idea in my mind, which I will not follow further if I cannot puzzle this problem out.

Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I am still getting in trouble with my english SimPE terminology, so if I have used some wrong wording, please excuse me and be free to correct me!
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 2:31 PM
Can you give a concrete example of what kind of objects exactly are in question and what you want the end result to be? Do you mean that you want to have an object that can borrow its material from any target object when you tell it to? Say, object A that's black in color, and object B that's red, and A should be able to pick up the red color from B when needed? I'm not completely sure if I understand correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:44 PM
I wanted to find out if it is possible to transfer the texture of a simcreated painting (object A) that is finished but still set in the easel to a carpet that is to appear in one of the next steps (object B).
Since the game picks the texture of a practice or abstract painting at +- random (well, with several inputs) in each newly started painting sequence, I cannot refer to a preset texture, but have to refer to the one that has been chosen in the effective case (which I think is defined by obj in stack objects slot 0x0000 (material Private STR# 0x0088:[Temp 0]).
I am still working myself into understanding how different BHAV´s work, so I hope I am not completely wrong about that one.