Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#76 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smashed Cat
When I right click the Generations icon I don't have any options that would show Default.ini,

That's probably where you are going wrong. Click 'Computer', then go to C:\Program Files (or Program Files [x86])\Electronic Arts \The Sims 3 Generations \Game \Bin. That's where the Default.ini should be.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That's probably where you are going wrong. Click 'Computer', then go to C:\Program Files (or Program Files [x86])\Electronic Arts \The Sims 3 Generations \Game \Bin. That's where the Default.ini should be.

*dies inside* I did that. Nothing came up in the search that took forever... Ugh oh well, I give up. I've given up the will to make worlds. e_e
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#78 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 12:19 PM
Search? What search? You don't need to search, just go to the file path I mentioned.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 9:35 PM
I didn't know I had to literally do it manually, but I did. And it worked. Thank you so much! I'm so sorry I put you guys through so much crap! *hides in shame* I feel quite silly now.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 8:42 PM
Haha, well I think it is a must to tell them NOT to have their disc in their drive! I think that had something to do with it. I honestly didn't think that would affect it at all, but maybe it does.
Test Subject
#81 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 8:53 PM
I've been trying to solve this for the last 3 days, I hope you can help me...
My game versions are: BG 1.24.3, Ambitions 2.0.86 and Late Night 6.5.1
From the table, I figured I had to install CAW v1.11.9 since I haven't got generations, right? Anyway, I still get the going to launcher rather then EIG...
I also tried following the steps, but the lines on both Default.ini files were already the same:
CompatVersion = 11
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 8

Before all this I had installed the latest CAW version (1.11.12), but I got the wrong version/update your game error. After that I found this table http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table and installed v1.11.10, but the EIG still didn't work...

I hope it's just something stupid I missed ...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#82 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 12:12 AM
2.0.86- that's World Adventures, not Ambitions.

Kiritra's post mentions "if you don't have town life and/or generations you can't run CAW 1.11.10 plus, or patch 1.24.3 with CAW 1.11.9 or lower, it will not work end of story" so I think this means that you can't run 1.11.9 with basegame 1.24.3.
Test Subject
#83 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 1:22 AM Last edited by Merit : 14th Sep 2011 at 1:45 AM.
I'm having a problem with my CAW after the latest patch. If I edit ingame, then save, when I exit edit ingame CAW crashes and my save becomes corrupted. My game version is 8.0.152 and I'm using CAW version 1.11.10. I have Generations but not Town Life (yet). Both versions of Default.ini match, so I assume that isn't the problem...

upon re-entering CAW after Edit Ingame...

All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark. ~Swami Vivekananda
Test Subject
#84 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 8:34 PM
Thanks for the advice Kiritra, I've been having the same problem as Merit. I'm at school right now so I can't try at the moment but I'll drop in later and tell you what works/what doesn't.
Test Subject
#85 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 7:09 PM
Thanks for helping me, I tried to do what you said Kiritra, but I still get the same problem...
I also tried changing the default.ini GameVersion line to 1.21.123.012002 instead of 1.24.3.012002, but it didn't work =(
Test Subject
#86 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 12:01 AM
Thanks!!
Hi, I am completely new to the Sims stuff and first time trying out the CAW tool. Thank you so very much for the help. I am not going to lie the first few steps and paragraphs on this post were very confusing to me since I have no idea what most of it meant, but I did push through the steps and got CAW working, so thanks a ton!!

Booster24
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#87 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 6:30 AM
Great tutorial, and a life saver for many CAWers thank you.

There are a few typos, nothing world crashing, but for example, above the table it says "older CAS..." where it should say "older CAW..."
Field Researcher
#88 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 9:21 PM Last edited by LadyGreenEyes649 : 25th Sep 2011 at 9:32 PM.
Ok, a few questions here. Not sure where I fall in all of the above, and no idea what to do to fix the CAW issue. What I have is the base game, Ambitions, and Late Night. I also, if it matters, have the free world they gave us (the rustic-type one), and the pirate one. What I have done so far to try and fix is this. I manually re-patched the game, using, yes, the same patch, at recommendation from some BOT "support tech" at EA. So, game is up to date. Then, I backed up the user data from CAW, and uninstalled it. Finally, downloaded the CAW from the EA site, supposedly the latest, and installed it. Before even bothering to restore the user data, tested to see if it would open. BEFORE all of this, it did nothing, literally, save pop the window for a brief second, then simply quit. Since these steps, I now get the message that "Your currently installed version of the game is not compatible with Create-A-World. You must reinstall Create-A-World. First, back up your world files and uninstall Create-A-World. Then, download the new version of Create-A-World, and install the new version." So, that is where I stand right now. Not sure what patch numbers I have for the various stuff, or if that matters. I did check the versions in the "default" documents, and the game states:
CompatVersion = 11
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 8
while the CAW states:
CompatVersion = 12
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 9

So, what is the simplest solution? Would installing the blasted Generations fix this? Sort of want to get it, but not buying till I know I can get back into CAW, because I am SO sick of their lack of support. Spent an hour holding for an "agent" on their so-called "live chat" today, to be dropped as usual. So, hoping people here can help, since you all are REAL, and I know there are some great people here! How do I check what patches I have, and what is my best solution? Assuming I didn't get Generations, what would I do to fix this? Thanks a TON for the time I know you had to have spent on this, and for your help. SO deeply appreciated.

Oh, the game version, taken off the launcher is 6.5.1.012031. No idea about the CAW, because it won't launch, but I downloaded it TODAY from the site, so whatever they have there, I should have.
The base game version is 1.24.3.012001.
World Adventures Version - 2.10.5.008001
Ambitions version - 4.7.4.010001
Late Night version - 6.5.1.011031
Field Researcher
#89 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiritra
OMG called EA support, we the fourm trolls know more about the topic then they ever will and yes that is pride you detect GO TROLLS!!!!
Hi EA I put your disk into my machine and it burst into flames (ea guy) well make sure your video drivers are the newest one offered by your hardware maker, (caller) well yes I would do that but the fire is spreading, (ea guy) are you using the latest patch from our launcher.... same answer to every problem and never the right one...

In your case patch 1.24.3 is the problem CAW can't run without generations or town life with it, end of story no getting around it....

The simplest answer would be install town life intill pets comes out, it can support patch 1.24.3 and Newest CAW, I hate stuff packs and wouldn't normally suggest that and for sure I'm not suggesting buying town life as I thought it was a rip off (my sister buys them) but in the case of allready installed 1.24.3 and don't want generations (personaly I liked that one) it is a very simple fix.

option 2 install genrations do the .ini change like the guides says 1.24.3 and CAW 1.11.12 is well tested, thatis how this dance started....

sadly beyond that and I hate saying it since you allready did patch 1.24.3, if your dead set on not having generations or town life, you need uninstall/reinstall and do not for any reason patch to 1.24.3 or higher for that matter, patch 1.21.123 is the last patch late night can run caw on.... use CAW version 1.11.9 and patch 1.21.123 (or lower) and change the .ini in both the late and sims folders (see the main guide), Really shitty I know but can't be helped by anyone but EA and they don't care to because they want to buy there latest thing....

So, simplest is to install Generations. It does LOOK interesting; ONLY reason I have delayed is that they ticked me off with the CAW issue. Will probably go that route. Just HATE the idea of uninstalling - lost whole custom hoods and subhoods doing that with TS2, following the backup precisely. If I lost a particular sim family, I would scream! Want pets anyway, and KNOW one of the kids will love it (horses!), so either way, hopefully that WILL fix the problem!

As for the "forum trolls" here - you all ROCK! Plenty of room for pride there! Thanks a ton, Kiritra! Kind of agree on the stuff packs - some (TS@) I have liked, some I thought were a total waste of money! WAY overpriced, though, for just stuff. Shame they didn't make a way to reverse a patch, eh? Again, THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#90 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 8:19 PM
Awesome, it worked! Now the question is, will it affect the game itself?
Test Subject
#91 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 11:39 AM Last edited by simsample : 6th Oct 2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Thanks for the feedback, but I removed the large quote. :)
YOU ARE AWESOME! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Test Subject
#92 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 1:01 PM
Thanks!
Thank you so much for figuring all of this out and posting it for us!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 6:33 AM
After over a month of thinking the latest version of CAW was just outdated and not being updated ever again by EA, I saw this. Such a simple fix and now everything works fine! Thanks so much! ^_^
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#94 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 10:21 PM
WOW. I was *this* close to hellraising an epic tantrum but luckily came across this thread and my poor PC was saved from being thrown out of the window! Great job, so many of us CAW users have been saved because of this!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#95 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:25 AM
The information in this thread has been deleted by Kiritra, and has been reposted here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3661479

Please continue all discussion about this in that thread.
Locked thread
Page 4 of 4