Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:08 AM
Ingame World Editor: How to force placing a lot to any place?
I wonder if this is the right place to ask this problem.

Have someone who use ingame world editor get message said: can't place an un-routable terrain?

Although the terrain look very suitable, it's empty and flat but you always get the message above. Even you get the same message when trying to delete and replace the original EA lots. It work for EA but it didn't work for ingame world editor. This is annoying.

Is there a trick to force placing a lot in any place?

I'm planning to make a land behind Bridgeport's City Hall more dense. Deleting the original EA small lot and replacing it with bigger several lots that size match to fill the entire block.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:49 AM
My best guess is that the people who have made Bridgeport have set the terrain unroutable in CAW (or what ever THEY use for creating worlds). In that case there is nothing you can do about it in edit game, unless you first modify the world in CAW.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:23 AM
Anyone know the answer for this? I'm getting annoyed with it myself. I'm trying to update Riverview and after removing some lots I can't place any new ones down in the same spot... not even ones of the same size!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 6:22 AM
Got a solution to the non-routable bit, atleast for placing on bulldozed lots. Doze the lot you don't want, save and exit to the main menu then reload the world and you'll beable to place a new lot down. I take no credit for this, Ani posted it in another thread that I found just now. Works great!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 2:17 PM
Well done tilarium, indeed the game requires that you reload so that the routing is reset. Thanks for the information!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:53 PM
Since you guys are talking about EIG and lot placement, I thought I would post this problem here.

Whenever I go into EIG and place lots, when I save it always gives me an error super long, and the lots I placed are not there. My guess and most likely what happens is that any lots I place while in EIG are not saved, so whenever I click Exit/Save the program goes through the lots saving the info but when it gets to the new ones it doesn't save 'em. Is this a common error or is it something that I need to check? I have the game with all EPs with the latest patches.

This is not that much of a problem since I never put lots in EIG due to lack of flexibility, but it is an issue I would like to know about.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 1:29 AM
jcalispupo01, are you building the lots in EIG? If so, I would recommend to build them in-game and then import them using EIG instead.

Also, if you have a low powered computer, I recommend to try saving in EIG after placing one or two lots. I find that EIG mode is very taxing on my old computer, so I have to save often or else the save fails.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 1:40 AM
@simsample,

I think you misunderstood what I meant. When I go in EIG and I place lots (empty), lets say one or two, and then save, after the looong time it takes going through each lot saving, it gives me an error and everything is saved but the lots I put. However, I have no problem adding a lot in CAW and then going into EIG, building and saving.

My laptop is not low powered but the specs could be a lot better to run the sims 3. Things like CAW do consume around 40% CPU usage.

To make things clear, I went to Riverview Lite and entered EIG. I went to World Edit and placed a 40x40 lot, then clicked save. It didn't save that lot and gave me an error.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:31 AM
Ah, I see- you mean when creating a lot with the World Editor. This happens on my computer, too- I don't think it's a problem with system specs, I think it's more likely to be a bug. In-game the World Editor saves the lots to the save game, but in EIG it must save them somewhere else- I'm guessing it attempts the Global Layer. So we'll have to add the lots in CAW, but this is probably better anyway, as you have more control and you can add addresses there too.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:53 AM Last edited by jcalispupo01 : 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:09 AM.
Agreed. I actually never create empty lots in EIG, but I wanted to make sure this wasn't something related to my pc or program. Thanks again simsample!

"And every now and then people find the bugs, and they interpret those as cool failures in the Sims terms. For them it's like a treasure hunt, you know." Will Wright

The thing you have to love about the Sims community ----->Its creativity.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tilarium
Got a solution to the non-routable bit, atleast for placing on bulldozed lots. Doze the lot you don't want, save and exit to the main menu then reload the world and you'll beable to place a new lot down. I take no credit for this, Ani posted it in another thread that I found just now. Works great!

It WORKS!!! Thank you so much. :D

We also need to delete all the trees and even tiny item like seeds.