Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#101 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stHgn
Is this calendar meant for the northern hemisphere only? It seems to be when reading through the rules. And images I've seen submitted so far indicate that is what is expected. I've never experienced a cool January and my idea of Christmas is beach and sun and heat and trying to keep cool.

According to the first paragraph: "Please use northern hemisphere seasons."
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckk
According to the first paragraph: "Please use northern hemisphere seasons."

No problem. I'll give it a miss then.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:35 AM
No problem. I'll give it a miss then.

Why give it a miss? Just post your pictures according to the northern hemisphere seasons! Like participating with warm weather at the beach = July or August! Rainy pictures for Autumn or spring etc!

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!
Mad Poster
#104 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 12:27 PM
Is this calendar meant for the northern hemisphere only? It seems to be when reading through the rules. And images I've seen submitted so far indicate that is what is expected. I've never experienced a cool January and my idea of Christmas is beach and sun and heat and trying to keep cool.

Found the Australian.

So uhm, not trying to cause a scene here or anything, but how does Santa like, work when there's no snow?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#105 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 3:26 PM
Default May
Summer is close in Isla Paradiso, it's May!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#106 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 3:50 PM
Default July
Month: July
Theme: Playing with the sprinkler in July
Test Subject
#107 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 3:57 PM
Default February
Month: February
Theme: Propose on Valentine's Day
Mad Poster
#108 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 5:23 PM
@RumBeo
Ctrl+Shift+C;
hideHeadlineEffects on;
Enter.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#109 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:47 PM
Default February Entry
Mariah Carey at pre Grammys standing in front of some of her PLATINUM records.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
Found the Australian.

So uhm, not trying to cause a scene here or anything, but how does Santa like, work when there's no snow?

I'm Swedish - so the Santa-White Christmas-tradition is deeply anchored in me... But I've spent the last four years in a muslim country in Eastern Africa, with December temperatures around +96°F (compared to 129 in summer it was "cool"). Well, Santa came on a camel no less! Or in helicopter to the air force base my husband was stationed! Santa at Sheraton was black, making the kids ask some rather funny questions! But I agree with you, I personnally prefer the Christmas cliché from my childhood, when we waited in the kitchen, watching the snow fall until Santa arrived, bent over from the strain of carrying his heavy sack filled with toys...

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!
Test Subject
#111 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 10:41 PM
How it's done in Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSsffF2xhA
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#112 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 11:30 PM
I've added the following entries to the table
@alva03
@RumBeo x 2
@KingTre

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
#113 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 11:46 PM
Default My entry for February
Being the procrastinator that I am, I took this picture about 5 minutes before posting this. I don't have Seasons so I couldn't incorporate the season into the month I'm doing, but hopefully this represents February, the month of Love.
This picture was actually based off of my and my boyfriend, tee hee hee :lovestruc

EDIT: I know the cropping is weird but that's what I get for entering last minute

Top Secret Researcher
#114 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 3:45 AM
My entry for September: First day of school.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
#115 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:31 AM
@RumBeo
Ctrl+Shift+C;
hideHeadlineEffects on;
Enter.

Thank you for reminding me, I hope next time I will learn the lessons. These images, I educe from the story of my sims, so I wanted it to look lively. I hope you enjoy it !
Test Subject
#116 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 5:05 AM
November.

Field Researcher
#117 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 5:55 AM Last edited by Qnshr5 : 30th Nov 2015 at 6:05 AM.
October

When the warm openness of summer completely fades, nature wraps itself in the chill of the otherworldly autumn aura making even the mundane feel eerie.

Memory Games A Sims 3 Thriller Mystery
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 3:52 PM Last edited by venusdemilosimmer : 30th Nov 2015 at 4:30 PM.
I hope I'm not too late as I'm the world's worst procrastinator...I completely forgot about this.
Instructor
#119 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:11 PM
December
Theme. First snow
Instructor
#120 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 5:21 PM
Based on voting results so far, it would appear I have the most polarizing image in this contest. Everyone either passionately loves it or hates it. I can't help but ask: why is the Camelry so polarizing?
Mad Poster
#121 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BulldozerIvan
Based on voting results so far, it would appear I have the most polarizing image in this contest. Everyone either passionately loves it or hates it. I can't help but ask: why is the Camelry so polarizing?

I honestly don't know why. I don't like supernaturals, and I'd never have them in my game, but why your screenshot got that many dislikes is beyond me. To be honest, I'm also quite surprised mine got 4 dislikes. I put a lot of time and effort into mine - and it shows - so I'll just write it off as homophobia or something. There will always be haters, and I choose not to care about them.

insert signature here
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#122 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:07 PM
I've added the following entries to the table
@AuburnGurl
@attuned
@Qnshr5
@miarell

@Zabeth0 - I'm sorry but your image is the wrong size.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:38 PM Last edited by Beltanefire : 30th Nov 2015 at 6:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
@Beltanefire - your March image doesn't have a sim in it so I can't enter it. The October one is fine.

Oh upps... didn't think of that. I will look for another one.

I honestly don't know why. I don't like supernaturals, and I'd never have them in my game, but why your screenshot got that many dislikes is beyond me. To be honest, I'm also quite surprised mine got 4 dislikes. I put a lot of time and effort into mine - and it shows - so I'll just write it off as homophobia or something. There will always be haters, and I choose not to care about them.

It seems that, like in all other corners of the internet, there are people who have nothing else to do than to dislike everything,
even if they don't have a real cause. I have no idea why they do that. If I don't like something here I simply do not click anything.

Edit: If it is not too late I would like to add this as my second entry for September.
It is still warm enough to sit outside barefoot when it is getting dark and so Emma decided to wait on the obviously haunted (the bench!)
cemetary to see if the ghost of her husband will be out for a visit later.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Test Subject
#124 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:50 PM
I took a while to shoot my March picture, but did the August in no time, and it has more votes! lol, isn't that always the way? Oh well. (I am pleased with it).
Instructor
#125 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:06 PM

Your dislikes are a little more understandable. A sexual topic in a calendar contest is ripe bait for that sort of thing, even if the actual sexual part is muted considerably. There's also distinction of not liking a particular activity or the philosophical / moral implications behind it, and not liking an individual or group. It does get messy, and a simple down vote doesn't explain things very well.

With mine, it's superheroes against a monster, a topic that has been considered safe for most audiences of most ages since at least the 1960s.

There might be some controversy over the fact that I re-purposed the fairy mechanics to make a levitating ionic chemistry manipulator, or that I have a character named "Lemon Witch" even if she's not technically a witch in-narrative. (The media gave her that nickname.) The other thing I think might have caused it is Lightning Hobo. For some reason, even acknowledging that the homeless exist is controversial in some places. (I created him as a G-rated substitute for Hobo with a Shotgun.) Laney might offend hardcore Harley Quinn fans, as she's pretty much Harley with the serial numbers filed off.

I'm thinking what may have set off the majority of dislikes is that the Camelry consists mainly of reformed convicts and ex-cons, which may be morally confusing for some viewers. Then again, Ant-Man was a huge success in theaters. So I'm at a loss on that one.

Page 5 of 8