Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 10:43 AM Last edited by mepwn12 : 19th Dec 2011 at 7:14 PM. Reason: thread function changed
1/4 windows for cfe
I'm currently working on making 1/4 height, 2/4 height and 3/4 height windows for the sims 3.
I want to make this because with cfe you always have the problem with overlapping windows so I thought: hmmm what if i make custom fitting windows?
and here I am making them :P

(see 5th post for details)
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 8:50 PM
Floors and tiles are done already, so yes, it is possible.
You can create windows with TSRW.
The window comes with the wall in the preview so easy to create the texture wall cutout.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 9:24 PM
Creating windows is really not much different from creating any other object, so I suggest you use a regular old object creation tutorial.
As far as transparent floors go: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=353.0

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 3:08 PM Last edited by mepwn12 : 19th Dec 2011 at 3:08 PM. Reason: bad spelling XD
ty for the help
now i can make windows that firt perfectly with cfe
and i can also use glass floors now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 7:03 PM
for everyone that doesn't quite get what I want to create here's a quick screenshot
basicly I'm trying to make windows for every 1/4 of a wall for perfect use alongside cfe (constrainfloorelevation).
I want to make this because overlapping windows look decent but they don't look that good

(please note that the wallmask isn't added yet)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 10:07 PM
ok so I've tried everything I know to make the wall mask work but it just wont O_O
also I've noticed that TSRW doesnt name the content of .package files and that seems to be the problem.

please can someone help me? I'm stuck until someone can
thanks in advance.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 10:26 AM
Okay so I've tried it again. this time without TSR workshop but it still wont use a wallmask

please I desperetly need