Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 9:50 PM
Default Question About Rabbit Holes and Community Lots?
::So, I hope this isn't a repeating question (I saw some kind of similar, but none really had the answer I was looking for, from what I saw)::

Hola, I am currently in the process of creating a world in the Sims 3, and I have a question about creating custom rabbit holes/community lots.
Is it possible to have a functioning community lot with a rabbit hole on the lot, as well?
For example, having a library with a bookstore rabbit hole, graveyard with a mausoleum, gym with a spa, etc.?

I apologize if this has been answered already, I couldn't find the answer!

Gracias
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 10:29 PM
If you go to the same place as this forum, but choose create-a-world instead you find lots of tutorials, resources and so on: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...3_CAW_Tutorials

I'm using in my own world a bookstore on the same lot as the spa, and the gypsy wagon on a bar lot with a drive-in-cinema. It's something to do with opening hours on the rabbithole that may confuse the game somewhat.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 10:40 PM
Gracias, but a bookstore and a spa are both rabbit holes, right? My game has those two combined in their own rabbit hole, I mean like a community lot (library, gym, park, etc.) and a rabbit hole (bookstore, spa, mausoleum, etc.) combined. It is possible for an active community place to also double as a rabbit hole for jobs?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 4:27 AM
As long as the community lot type doesn't have "open hours" (such as bars) or other functional specialities (dive lots perhaps), you can put any rabbithole on any community lot, and also multiple rabbitholes on one community lot.

So yes, it's perfectly ok to put Spa rabbithole on a Gym lot for example.

And yes, you can have multiple rabbitholes of same type in a world. The sims will just choose one that they work in (you can't decide, and they don't always go to the nearest one either).

Not sure if there are mods that can change this behavior, but on a vanilla game, these are the limits I think.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
As long as the community lot type doesn't have "open hours" (such as bars) or other functional specialities (dive lots perhaps), you can put any rabbithole on any community lot, and also multiple rabbitholes on one community lot.

So yes, it's perfectly ok to put Spa rabbithole on a Gym lot for example.

And yes, you can have multiple rabbitholes of same type in a world. The sims will just choose one that they work in (you can't decide, and they don't always go to the nearest one either).

Not sure if there are mods that can change this behavior, but on a vanilla game, these are the limits I think.

Gracias! Thank you so much for your help! :D