Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#276 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 2:13 PM
Hello

I have a problem (probably inside my head), anyway I can find lots of Sims2Pack downloaded from web, and I think they should have *.simpe and/or GMDC(*.5gd) files inside the package. How to I get them out easily?
Milkshape itself works OK.

So, is there some tool to unpack these Sims2Pack files or how can I do. I don't have Sims 2 game, just wanted to test these 3D models with Blitz3D.

Regards/
ekipah
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#277 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 12:42 AM
SimPE will open the Sims2Pack files.
If it has a new mesh in it, it will be in a section called the GMDC.
You export these from SimPE as a .5gd or .simpe file... you can export from MilkShape in any format you like.
You can get the latest version of SimPE at http://sims.ambertation.de/
Happy meshing.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
#278 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 8:50 AM
Thanks. I did try with SimPE couple of models, but the only thing I could you export/import into Milkshape was the mesh of a face without any texture(s) and big round bones.
So, in case I'll buy the Sims 2 game, is it possible to import whole model(s) with textures & skeletal animations included into Milkshape?

Regards/
ekipah
Alchemist
Original Poster
#279 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 11:37 PM
I wanted to put everyone on alert that there is a new series of plugins for MilkShape, the UniMesh suite, that will edit not just objects but also all the Body/clothing/hair type meshes. I will respond to questions on the current versions, but plan no further upgrades to these plugins, although they should continue to work, as is, in future versions of MilkShape.
Eventually, when the last post gets old enough, I plan to lock this thread.
<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#280 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 5:39 AM
thanks wes this will get me started cheers
Alchemist
Original Poster
#281 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 7:41 PM
Although these plugins are stable and work pretty well, my newer UniMesh plugin set does a better job of extracting morphs from object meshes.
I am reluctant to just delete the thread, as there is a lot of good information present, but I have combined the functionality of these plugins with what I had in the "BodyChop" ones, and then added more functionality.
When you get ready to graduate to more serious projects, think about using my newer plugins, since I do not intend to make any more improvements or bug fixes to this older version.
<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#282 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 9:45 PM
Thanks heaps

яαcћεℓℓε<3
Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Test Subject
#283 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 5:50 PM
Thank you wes for finally saying what those annoying blue lines were!! I am new to all this and I could not figure it out. I hope that in the near future I will be able to post the creations tumbling around in my mind onto the new creations pages. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#284 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 5:02 PM
I'm having trouble when I try to import GDMC files to Milkshape to make new meshes. They don't show up on the screen when I go into the file in Milkshape. I thought you would be the perfect person to ask. I would really appreciate your help.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#285 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 12:49 PM
O.K.
Well, I will try to help, but I haven't a clue from your message as to what you are or aren't doing.
Please describe what you are doing, or have done.
<* Wes *>

Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: Unsupported, Locked at Wes' Request
Page 12 of 12