Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:06 PM
Default Birth defects in TS3??
My sis and I (both serious sims players!!) were talking about TS3, and she said it would be more realistic for them to be able to have birth defects. Also, I'd like it if they had psychological disorders, like insanity and whatnot. That's something I've always wanted in TS2 and it would really add to the game I think.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:17 PM
I doubt EA will add something as controversial as this.
#3 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:29 PM
I think EA won't make birth more realistic than in the Sims 2 (in fact, I love the birth in the sims 2!). But when it comes to illnesses, I'd love to see some. I'm not talking about cancer or AIDS or something like that, just a little something that could actually happen to our Sims. I mean - they never die of anything if you don't make them die...
#4 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HannahSpring
I think EA won't make birth more realistic than in the Sims 2 (in fact, I love the birth in the sims 2!). But when it comes to illnesses, I'd love to see some. I'm not talking about cancer or AIDS or something like that, just a little something that could actually happen to our Sims. I mean - they never die of anything if you don't make them die...

In TS2 they can die from illnesses (food poisining, the flu, im not sure if there are more) If the illness goes untreated for 6 days, they die.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HannahSpring

This is definitely true. But I'd like it if they could get serious diseases. I'm not evil or anything...I mean, it's not like they're real people and they're actually suffering.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:34 AM
NO BIRTH DEFECTS! It just wouldn't fit in with the game and I really wouldn't feel comfortable having a baby with Harlequin type ichthyosis

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:48 AM
Dreamydre - oh dear. I almost fainted when I read that...how awful!

But I dunno about it. It seems like a good idea, as long as it doesn't happen to often, but if EA doesn't put other controversial issues in the game, I doubt this will. Is there a hack for that for TS2? Like, one in every 500 babies has an extra arm sticking out of their head? :p

Forgive me for typing that sentence.

EDIT: Yeah, longears, I'd LOVE for the sims to be able to have wheelchairs. At one point, early on, I thought that toddler babies in TS2 had the chance to be put in a wheelchair if they didn't learn how to walk, etc., but I was disappointed.
#8 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:53 AM
This is a very sensitive topic. There probably are disabled people out there playing Sims that might want to make a Sim that they can better relate to. But, there could also be people whose siblings or children suffer a mental issue, and they may feel that illnesses shouldn't be fun to play with. I agree completely with that. But, it would be nice to have chance cards that say something like, "And so, Blank runs across the kitchen to save the contaminated burger from being given to the customer. In doing so, he slides right past the wet floor sign and into a table which comes crashing down on his leg. He is taken to the hospital. It looks like Blank will be on crutches for a few days." And then your Sim will actually be on crutches, and it will take him a bit longer to do things. That would be cool.
Inventor
#9 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 2:09 AM
As a disabled Sims player, I think it would add a nice bit of diversity to the game if we could choose to have disabled sims, e.g., using a cane or wheelchair or something, but I can't see it happening. (I know that there are crutches and sticks as accessories in TS2, but it's not quite the same thing.)

I'm not sure about random birth defects and such - I think that would probably take game realism a little too far for most people, and I certainly can't see EA tackling that sort of controversial/sensitive issue. Though judging by some of the offspring that my sims pop out already, you could almost say that they already exist in-game

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 4:24 AM
Dreamydre15 - God...

Anyways, I doubt that any birth defects might get into the game. Some are kinda gory, so I think it might raise the "T" rating up a bit.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 9:45 AM
I think having both mild behaviour disorders and complete insanity could be interesting too. I mean, so far, the only psychological disorder in the Sims' world is grilled cheese obsession... Ok, maybe a hint of schizophrenia when they start talking to bunnies and stuff, but still.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 9:33 PM
i'd like something like mabye eczema or a cold or flu and small stuff like that, to make it more realistic, and mabye behaviour disorders would be nice, not nice nice but nice to see that real things can happen
#13 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 9:34 PM
Although it would make the game more realistic, it's probably too controversial.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 9:46 PM
I think I read somewhere that there is a trait for paranoia and that the fish from the town pond is toxic so they may develop some sort of condition or even die from eating it. Also, sims could very well develop hepatitis since they never wash their hands after using the loo.
#15 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 11:47 PM
Sexually transmitted infections for the slutty sims.
Well, if they're going to be doing stuff like getting into relationships on their own... I can see it now, the pop up as your sim is using the toilet "ow ow ow, it burns. uh oh, maybe I better get tested." lol
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VarianceTheory
Sexually transmitted infections for the slutty sims.
Well, if they're going to be doing stuff like getting into relationships on their own... I can see it now, the pop up as your sim is using the toilet "ow ow ow, it burns. uh oh, maybe I better get tested." lol

STDs sound a little perverted, but I doubt it would happen. As stated before, these kinds of things are too controversial. But maybe in CAS, you could make sims look like they have birth defects?
Scholar
#17 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 4:09 AM
...wwooww... O_O
...um...well...if they made it so after your 3rd woohoo with a diffrent sim you could get a ~"cold"~
birth defect...wtf...why whould you want that? thats just...hm...
#18 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
STDs sound a little perverted, but I doubt it would happen. As stated before, these kinds of things are too controversial. But maybe in CAS, you could make sims look like they have birth defects?

Yeah. It was kinda a joke... I was looking at it more as a punishment than a perversion since I'm sure guys won't be able get preggers from woohoo'ing around ^^;

I agree though, bad genetics are a birth defect :D
#19 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 5:02 AM
What about an asthma disease gene?

For example sims need to take their meds depending on the level of illness, with asthma sims don't have the capacity to work out for over a certain time period without coughing or getting asthma attacks.