Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 5:14 PM
Default Choosing the look of the newborn?
Imagine when your sim is giving birth to and you are able to choose the gender, what facial characteristics, the hair and the eye color will the newborn baby sim is going to inherit from its parents, is it going to be just one baby or twins…

One of the things I didn’t like about TS2 is that your newborn baby almost never looks the way you want it to. Or you want baby girl but you get baby boy, so you have to load family couple of times before you get gender you want.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 5:18 PM
Mabe, A screen pops up with like 10 possible matches of the mix of the parents DNA, You simply pick with one you like the most!

and a little thumbnail of the parents, and the more you click one of the parents, The More strong the Genes are, Making the child look (and mabey act) more like them!

oOoOoO.. If only!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 5:22 PM
buah i like the fact how lifelike sims 2 is. i mean in birth it's normal youi can't choose the gender or look of your baby. so i wouldn't like it being in the sims 3 anyway.
Theorist
#4 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 6:21 PM
Yea, But it would be a Really cool Feature!
Maybe it could be a Reward?! Like in freetime, Maybe you could "gain" this feature?!

That would be quite nice

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 6:26 PM
Personally 70% of the fun and appeal of the game for me is seeing what the offspring of my sims looks like as they enter each lifestage. Being able to dictate that just wouldn't be as fun.
#6 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:04 PM
sims is a REAL life simulation.... in real life you have no choice of the gender of ur kid(if you make it by 'woohoo')... anyway, i don't understand this obsession people(mostly females) have w/ little sims
#7 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:06 PM
I agree I wouldn't really like to see this....

I like the random-ness of the game, seeing what I get.
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:07 PM
I think that all the fun of the game would be taken out of it! I love the 'suprise' of a baby. I don't like to be too controlling over my sims.
Scholar
#9 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:10 PM
It would be difficult to chose the "better" aspect of a Sim at this stage and if we have so soon the adult stage we won't have the surprise then... I prefer the actual version with the hazard. It's more funny.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
Personally 70% of the fun and appeal of the game for me is seeing what the offspring of my sims looks like as they enter each lifestage. Being able to dictate that just wouldn't be as fun.

Oh, I agree. I love seeing how the genetics will mix. I want to be surprised.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
sims is a REAL life simulation.... in real life you have no choice of the gender of ur kid(if you make it by 'woohoo')... anyway, i don't understand this obsession people(mostly females) have w/ little sims

...ಠ_ಠ generalization detected... DO NOT WANT
#12 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 8:25 PM
I agree, I wouldn't want to chose all that, I hate doing it with the parents, let alone very sim that is born. I do however think that they should include that option with adoptions, as in real life you could chose.

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
#13 Old 9th May 2008 at 1:21 AM
I know about the dominant genes and everything, but I hate it how if you are starting a family and the dad is black or brown haired and the mom is blonde or red, the baby will be either black or brown. I wish it was more randomized. The exact same thing with eyecolor too.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 9th May 2008 at 3:22 AM
I don't think we'll get this feature. In real life, you CAN'T pick your baby's look.

I just hope that this time we don't get kids who all look the same. But I do like a little genetic accident now and then...
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th May 2008 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zzelda16
I know about the dominant genes and everything, but I hate it how if you are starting a family and the dad is black or brown haired and the mom is blonde or red, the baby will be either black or brown. I wish it was more randomized. The exact same thing with eyecolor too.

The game is just trying to be realistic in that aspect as well.

And yeah, choosing the look of the baby would take so much fun out of the game. Whenever I really want a kid to look a certain way I create it in CAS along with the family...
Forum Resident
#16 Old 9th May 2008 at 11:06 PM
Quote:
Quote:
But my father has red hair and my mother brown and my sister and I are blonde. But I know they can't account for every possibility.

BTW, for a way around this - create parents that have a good-looking (adult) kid together and have different hair and eye colors. Delete parents. Tweak facial look (or redesign the entire face, I guess), but do not change tabs on hair or eye color. Do same for the spouse. This lets your starting couple have recessive traits.

But I definitely don't want to choose what sims born in-game look like. I love the surprise.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th May 2008 at 2:41 AM
I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE WE WON'T BE ABLE TO CHOOSE WHAT THE BABIES WILL LOOK LIKE!!!!! (No disrespect but you're scaring me here. lol)
If we would be able to choose what the baby would look like it wouldn't be fun anymore! And it is totally unrealistic. Who can choose what babies will look like? I wouldn't be so pissed if this option was inserted later in the game as a "Desiger Baby Tool" which came as a career reward or something like the magic lamp. But I would absolutely NOT have it as an option for ALL sims. It will lack the total fun out of the pregnancy and I don't want CAS into the sim houses.......
Even choosing the gender of the baby sounds too boring. Why stop nature? In most cases I let my sims have the children they have even if they end up with five sons. That's what's fun.
I think there is a reason why people download risky woohoo hacks. They want nature to decide more over their sims.

Quote: Originally posted by Zzelda16

I'm so glad it is not like you mention. The dominant genes make it more realistic. And you have to remember that two black haired sims can have a light haired child if one of each's parents had light hair. The same goes for eyes.
Scholar
#18 Old 10th May 2008 at 3:08 AM
I don't think I'd want to choose at all. Half the fun is seeing is junior got mom's blonde hair, or dad's sticky outy nose etc.etc. If I absolutely want a kid looking a certain way, I create them in CAS beforehand. I wouldn't mind a fix for the infamous "firstborn syndrome" though.

The black/brown hair being dominant over everything kinda bothers me as well, Zzelda seeing as both my parents have the darkest hair imaginable and mine is a pale blonde colour.

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
#19 Old 10th May 2008 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jooxis84

My friend's family all has brown hair but she is blonde. It would be cool if there could be a thing where you could choose either:

Randomized Gentetics
Dominant and Recessive Genetics

The Oceanborn- I like what you said, but the problem is I usually don't play familes that long before I get bored with them.

Slytherin-girl I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds it annoying. But it's not that bad, because I change their hair color if I'm annoyed with it.
Instructor
#20 Old 10th May 2008 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slytherin-girl
The black/brown hair being dominant over everything kinda bothers me as well, seeing as both my parents have the darkest hair imaginable and mine is a pale blonde colour.

That's adding realism though. Dark hair is dominant over lighter colors. It would bother me if it was 50/50, since that's not realistic, but it would be nice if the kids didn't always get dark hair. I'm with you, both my parents have dark hair and I have strawberry blonde so it does happen.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Oh, I agree. I love seeing how the genetics will mix. I want to be surprised.

As long as it's a pleasant surprise :P
I hope we won't see any more monster babies this time! As it is now in Sims 2 we need to give the parents somewhat similar features or else the babies may turn out like little monsters with no eyes, teeth poking out through their chins etc.
#22 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:14 AM
The only thing I would like to change with the whole babies theme, is the face shape. Like bigger lips & noses, and not the same face template for all babies.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dlisted
That's adding realism though. Dark hair is dominant over lighter colors. It would bother me if it was 50/50, since that's not realistic, but it would be nice if the kids didn't always get dark hair. I'm with you, both my parents have dark hair and I have strawberry blonde so it does happen.

Indeed it does.
-My hubby has dark brown hair and mine's medium brown. Our daughter's hair is light blonde.

-My father has dark brown hair and my mother's light blonde. They had 4 children; me=medium brown hair, my two sisters=medium blonde and my brother=light blonde.

-My hubby's parents have dark brown and medium brown hair.

I'd say the chance that my daughter would get light blonde hair was very small.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th May 2008 at 9:29 PM
I have to agree with most of the people here, I wouldn't want to choose the gender of a baby or how he/she looks. It's just like in real life and I like realism in my game.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya

I totally agree....otherwise the fun is taken out of it!
Page 1 of 2