Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 8:25 AM
Default What is your deal maker/ breaker?
Despite everything I've said I may or may not like about TS3, there is one thing that will absolutely be a deal maker/ breaker for me. Do you have one? What is it?

Mine is this- I think an actual social dynamic is absolutely necessary. I thought the biggest limitation about TS2 is how they seemed to be unaffected by anything that didn't happen directly to them (beyond superficial and short lived reactions) and incapable of social awareness- of being able to function as a group.

I want these Sims to actually respond to good and bad things that happen to friends and loved ones, both emotionally and with actions. (Volunteering to clean house or loan money for a friend that just lost a job is a good example.) I want Sims to be able to engage in group activities (weddings are a great example) with some kind of group awareness of what's going on and why they are there, and an ability to 'follow the script' without having to be micromanaged to give the illusion of normal social awareness.

If these things are done, no matter what other problems there may be, count me in.

Anyone else have a 'must have' feature?
Advertisement
#2 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 7:07 PM
Default maybe
i'll probably get it anyway because i love the sims and always want someyhing to do but i will be mad if there is a crappy securom in it

:banghead: darn you securom!
Alchemist
#3 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 2:39 PM
the deal maker for me was no loading screens and the other sims in the nhood growing up at the same time
#4 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:00 PM
Deal maker for me is that it's The Sims 3.. which implies an improvement over The Sims 2. The Sims 2 AI sucks, and I'm terribly bored with the predictability of the sims and how similar they act regardless of drastically different personalities. I highly doubt I'll ever load up TS2 after 3 is out.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 10:55 PM
The Deal Makers for me would be all the little things that have cropped up, such as the fanevent detail about kids having specific homework such as read a particular book or catch a particular fish. Or the fanevent detail about being able to catch fish and place them in fishtanks back home and give them a name. Little things like that! The trait system also sounds interesting.

Unfortunately, my Deal Breakers are the major ones - No needs, and families aging and marrying and having kids without me noticing. I like having storyline plots in my head, and deciding who will go with who and when, etc. It would really annoy me if I started playing with a Sephiroth Sim, and while I'm getting him to have sex with Cloud, I notice Reno nearby making out with Hojo! While I do like occasionally stepping back and watching my Sims and letting them decide which direction their life will lead, I like to have the ultimate decision in the end.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 10:53 AM
Major Deal Breaker would be SecuRom--if EAxis decides to put that software on any future releases, count me out.

I don't have too many Deal Makers, just hoping that it's a real improvement to TS2. The stupid Sim AI, the CAS, loading times--improvements, to be short.
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 1:08 PM
If they haven't improved the build tools, I probably won't play the game. I'm sick of playing around for hours just trying to build a basement or a split-level house.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 1:17 PM
I think my dealbreaker is that their be something different about Sims 3. Sims 2 with improved graphics is not what I'm looking for. That being the case, I'm really looking forward to the open neighborhood and simultaneous progression, aging townies, more social awareness, etc.

Deal maker - different heights. I'm dying for that, and really hope they can incorporate it. Same goes for the social awareness mentioned in the first post - love that.

There are other things that either appeal to me or turn me off (SecureROM, annoying strays are bad and better AI (especially loyalty in relationships) and more variety of actions sound great, but the biggies are listed above.
Alchemist
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
Major Deal Breaker would be SecuRom--if EAxis decides to put that software on any future releases, count me out.

I think we'll be counting you out. Securom is here to stay. Until the next great piracy protection "breakthrough"
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Deal maker - different heights. I'm dying for that, and really hope they can incorporate it.

So far they've not included different heights ingame; and its likely to stay that way.

The dealmakers for me were different heights & gradual aging, but they're not gonna happen. So I guess the dealmakers for me now are improved AI and supernatural creatures (I want my vampires!)
#11 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 11:24 AM
For me, I am looking forward to the increased "social awareness" that comes with the improved AI. Little things in the Sims 2, like getting rejected for a hug..., should stand out more in a sims mind. Besides the negative relationship score, an awkward situation like that is pretty much instantly forgotten by both sims. Thankfully, they've improved on this sort of thing for the sims three..
#12 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 9:35 PM
deal maker for me breast sliders and butt sliders because i would like to make myself and i damn sure am not small in neither:nana: ...and my sims to finally reconise love children as "love children" not automaticly just a child that poped up from there living room out of the women that she caught sleeping with her husband hmmm convienantlly 3 days ago:doh hmmm...
anyway deal breaker for me is the breast sliders and butt sliders otherwise whats the point of sliders:werd: