Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:42 PM
Who Says Eaxis Doesn't Listen To Us
"The question is, how hard will the Sims developers push connectivity? First: there's no multiplayer. You can't invite a friend to join your neighbourhood. According to EA's research, their players don't want that. They say that "Sims players want complete ownership of their neighbourhoods" - they don't want anyone else to mess up their creations. But there will be some form of improved social networking."

I've heard several of us say that. Also I found this part of the interview interesting

"Second problem: work. In The Sims 2, unless you bought the Open for Business expansion, work happened off-screen, the clock whizzing by while your house was left empty.

In The Sims 3, work is part of the routine. Matt has bought some home with him: the dishwasher at work broke down, so he's offered to clean some dishes for his boss. Completing the task will put him a little closer to a promotion. It is, in effect, a quest, experience and reward system.

Matt washes the dishes, and then leaves. He opens the door and begins running. And running. And running. He is Forrest Gump in a chef's hat.

I'm so looking forward to this game. Here's the link to the whole interview

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...e.php?id=184484
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:53 PM
Yeah, I've read that interview. Although, I would kind of like a friend's sim to be able to visit while I'm playing too, but not actually live in my neighborhood. I suppose that would be pretty complicated, though.
I love the jobs thing! Very awesome. :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:21 PM
I'm glad there's no multiplayer. My sims are no other than my business and I like full control on my sims. I want my sim game to be no other than mine. I've heard about all of you who use the game as a kind of a "party game". There should definitely be a separate sim game for playing online, meeting friends and play in a world with thousands of others. I would definitely try it out. Ah.... We do have The Sims Online and I haven't tried it yet.
#4 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 1:56 AM
Yeah, it's just too bad the EAxis people don't look at Sims2Community, I think they'd find some good ideas here :D
#5 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Allison
Yeah, it's just too bad the EAxis people don't look at Sims2Community, I think they'd find some good ideas here :D

You are totally right! But of course, they have minds of there own and most likely don't have time to go to a million sites for ideas, plus... they probably already made the sims 3... :hmm:
#6 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 2:01 AM
I agree with Allison, they'd find tons of great ideas here. Eaxis does listen to us but not as much as some people would want them to.
#7 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 2:01 AM
Perhaps, when one was creating a neighborhood they could get an option to put it online, or offline. If online was chosen, then maybe the player could get a code (like teh Nintendo Wii's friend code) which could be shared with others. The code could be given to whomever you want. When playing the neighborhood, you would only be able to play the sims you created and your friend the sims they created.

Maybe that could work..... however, there is an issue of a friend playing a ridiculously long time causing several generations to go by.

It might be fun to see a Sims Community neighborhood and how forum goers would change the story. However, I do not want people destroying a few of my neighborhoods.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
We do have The Sims Online and I haven't tried it yet.

We do? I though Sims Online "died" years ago.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 12:45 AM

Out of curiosity, have any of you guys tried posting your views on [The Sims 3] forum? They may not read our forum over here, but it definitely looks like they read the threads over there. :D
Alchemist
#10 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 12:59 AM
I think they might read these forums. They certainly know about MTS2...
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I think they might read these forums. They certainly know about MTS2...

oh, Of course they do!
Aren't we a huge cc site? Aren't we the biggest site with CC other than their website? x3
#12 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishellia
oh, Of course they do!
Aren't we a huge cc site? Aren't we the biggest site with CC other than their website? x3

No, we are the biggest site with CC for Sims 2, period.

At the official Sims 3 forum, there's a post called 'what do you want to see in TS3?' and the users there are coming up with some good ideas, so I hope EA sees that and follows their ideas!!! Here are some of them:

Objects they'd like to see (or see return)

Spiral stairs
Children's outdoor climbing frame
Preserves station
Gnome workbench
Basketball hoop
Cold drinks vending machines

Interactions they'd like to see

'Call to..' interaction added to objects such as televisions, similar to the 'Call to meal' interaction we have now for serving platters. This would make it so much easier to call everyone around an item (such as the TV) instead of having to click on individuals. (Wow, good idea! I never thought of that...)

Miscellaneous abilities for sims they'd like to see

Sims to be able to shop via the internet for some items. (ONLINE SHOPPING, TEH W00T!)
Sims to be able to own more than one residential lot in the main neighbourhood, even rent them out to other sims, thus becoming landlords.
Sims to have individual bank accounts, take out mortgages/loans to pay for items.
Sims to have relationships across different base neighbourhoods.
Residential apartment blocks.
Sims to be more intelligent about the music they dance to (i.e. they'll not dance the same to classical and rock music).
Neighbourhood utilities, i.e. you get a free power plant with each neighbourhood and it can only power so many sims homes, after that you have have more sims paying for their power in order to buy another power station that can support more sims in the neighbourhood.
Sims buy the right ingredients before being able to cook certain meals, rather than just buying groceries.

A much better system for creating our own neighbourhoods, without having to use a 3rd program like Sim City 4 to add roads and landscaping etc. It would be so much better to have a world/neighbourhood editor built into the game. (Yeparoonie! Definitely!)

freelancergal, they 'resurrected' The Sims Online a while ago and made it free, but you're really limited unless you pay for it, and it's not updated (everything still looks TS1-ish...)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 4:08 AM
I think that if/ when they include vacations, they should spend like 2 sim hours on an airplane where their needs go down quicker.

It would be awesome.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
We do? I though Sims Online "died" years ago.

Yeah it's still around. Do a forum search for the thread on it.
Edit: Aww what the heck I figured I'd do it for you

http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...ght=sims+online

The Sims Online (TSO) is now free forever and completely revamped. It's still $10/month to play as a subscriber without any limitations. And now it is much faster to play, improved gameplay, etc. You can now create custom content. Also, they are talking about upgrading to The Sims 2 graphics and gameplay, as it was mentioned in an official chat. But no info on if and when that will happen.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 4:53 PM
Second problem: work. In The Sims 2, unless you bought the Open for Business expansion, work happened off-screen, the clock whizzing by while your house was left empty.

"In The Sims 3, work is part of the routine. Matt has bought some home with him: the dishwasher at work broke down, so he's offered to clean some dishes for his boss. Completing the task will put him a little closer to a promotion. It is, in effect, a quest, experience and reward system."

does anyone know anything about school?, homework upgraded? like maybe go on the computor for homework, like a little message pops up "Lilly-Rose needs to research WW2 on the internet for homework." something like that? :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 5:36 PM
Miscellaneous abilities for sims they'd like to see

-Sims to be able to shop via the internet for some items. (ONLINE SHOPPING, TEH W00T!)
-Sims to be able to own more than one residential lot in the main neighbourhood, even rent them out to other sims, thus becoming landlords.
-Sims to have individual bank accounts, take out mortgages/loans to pay for items.
-Sims to have relationships across different base neighbourhoods.
-Residential apartment blocks.
-Sims to be more intelligent about the music they dance to (i.e. they'll not dance the same to classical and rock music).
-Neighbourhood utilities, i.e. you get a free power plant with each neighbourhood and it can only power so many sims homes, after that you have have more sims paying for their power in order to buy another power station that can support more sims in the neighbourhood.
-Sims buy the right ingredients before being able to cook certain meals, rather than just buying groceries.

Bank accounts....no way. That's unenjoyable to some/ most people.
Power Plants....There is an open creativity and not have all these Power Plants crowding your neighborhood. It's a nice decoration otherwise...bad.
Buying ingredients...for me that was a huge turn-off for the PS2 games.

Sims with relationships across base nhoods....good idea, but do you really want John Burb watching football with PT?
Appartments are coming ot and if it's a hit then they'd most likely revamp and add it to possibly the base game.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do