Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2012 at 11:20 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 5th Jun 2012 at 8:08 PM.
Default *One New issue* See my last post.
Ok so the wall issue is fixed and im pleased, now onto another creations of mine, so i just uploaded my first window set to TS3, they look great in game but i forgot one thing I never made them able to be put on diagonal walls since i'm not sure how to do that please tell me how i can update the mesh to allow them to be placed diagonally without looking like the window i cloned them from.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 31st May 2012 at 11:25 PM
You should be able to do this with TextureTweaker:
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=625.0

Choose export as package under project contents
Open the package with TT3, fix 4 color pattern
Save
Import back in TSRW under project contents.

Used it alot, but never on walls
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
You should be able to do this with TextureTweaker:
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=625.0

Choose export as package under project contents
Open the package with TT3, fix 4 color pattern
Save
Import back in TSRW under project contents.

Used it alot, but never on walls
I get a freaky error when i try and use the TT3 it says "I have an error in my code, really....... \nIndex was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index".

Whats that all about?

I'm using V0.15
Site Helper
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 4:22 PM
TT3 is up to version .37 now. (Unless it's been updated again.)

Try with the new version.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 1:23 AM Last edited by TDC95 : 3rd Jun 2012 at 1:39 AM.
Can i get a step by step instruction for doing this? (excluding the part when you open the .package in TT3 in not that stupid ) I have never made anything with a alpha channel so i'm really confused on how to prep the mask to begin with
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 2:14 AM
There are 4 color objects that show you the mask and how its done(hottub/tradDesk/cars)
Each channel represents a color, dont let them overlap with eachother and save as dxt5interpolatedalpha.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 2:24 AM Last edited by TDC95 : 4th Jun 2012 at 2:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
There are 4 color objects that show you the mask and how its done(hottub/tradDesk/cars)
Each channel represents a color, dont let them overlap with eachother and save as dxt5interpolatedalpha.
I figured it out :lovestruc Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also i sent you a p.m asking about a window diagonal mesh you can answer that here to it would be much appreciated :D

I'm sorry if i'm a nag i just need so much help

For helping me with this i'm giving a sneak peek to you on that wall with 4 channel's Its a 7 piece wall set, this is the bottom piece its 2 story's tall, and when its done it will be great :lovestruc
Screenshots
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 9:16 AM
There are a couple of things to know about diagonal windows.
There is a field in the OBJD where you can state the model to use as the diagonal, it is DiagonalIndex.
If DiagonalIndex is all zeroes, the game will simply turn your window 45deg and use it as its own diagonal.
If there is another value in there, it is the number of another window's OBJD - that will be used as the diagonal. Make sure the number says the right thing for your intentions.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 7:21 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 3rd Jun 2012 at 7:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
There are a couple of things to know about diagonal windows.
There is a field in the OBJD where you can state the model to use as the diagonal, it is DiagonalIndex.
If DiagonalIndex is all zeroes, the game will simply turn your window 45deg and use it as its own diagonal.
If there is another value in there, it is the number of another window's OBJD - that will be used as the diagonal. Make sure the number says the right thing for your intentions.
Thanks for the reply how would i find the diagonalIndex? and the number of my window? how would i change it to fit my mesh\ allow the diagonal placement of the windows?
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 8:07 PM
If you are a TSRW user, it asks you whether you want to include a diagonal version when you begin the project. You can do it in S3PE but if you're not used to editing TGI blocks in S3PE you're gonna find it a bit daunting. What is your usual creation tool? If you usually use TSRW you may be better starting over, but keep your mesh from your current project to reuse in the new.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 10:48 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 3rd Jun 2012 at 11:19 PM.
If you are a TSRW user, it asks you whether you want to include a diagonal version when you begin the project. You can do it in S3PE but if you're not used to editing TGI blocks in S3PE you're gonna find it a bit daunting. What is your usual creation tool? If you usually use TSRW you may be better starting over, but keep your mesh from your current project to reuse in the new.
Thanks for replying!

I'm open to using any tool, but I use TSRW by preference. I think i see what your talking about where it says to clone the base item and add it as i diagonal reference. I cloned the original window i used before to make mine. I just ticked yes in the little box that speaks of the diagonal reference then hit next to start working on the project then a box came up and said "This project does not have a default diagonal mesh, so you need to update mesh, slots and footprints for the diagonal version manually"

How will i edit all that stuff manually? I'm not sure how i would update it to work diagonally.
#12 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 9:40 AM
Mesh is simple. Rotate in Milkshape by 45 degrees and stretch to reach the corners of the grid square. Moving foot prints is harder - but just takes concentration really. But could I suggest that you choose the international window (the one that looks like a shopfront window) as your base as that already comes with a diagonal, and then all you will need to do is import your own mesh to both the straight and the diagona of that and stretch it. Footprints and slots will already be done for you.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 2:44 PM
Mesh is simple. Rotate in Milkshape by 45 degrees and stretch to reach the corners of the grid square. Moving foot prints is harder - but just takes concentration really. But could I suggest that you choose the international window (the one that looks like a shopfront window) as your base as that already comes with a diagonal, and then all you will need to do is import your own mesh to both the straight and the diagona of that and stretch it. Footprints and slots will already be done for you.
Thanks much for replying!

Is the international the Int 3x1? Its a big square window with all glass in the middle. Because that has the diagonal reference ( im guessing because it doesn't have the option to tick in the little box to include one) and it only needs base-game which is what i'm looking for

Not sure how exactly to do this, because when i go under mesh its still the normal high and medium levels of detail, where do i import the diagonal part?

My window mesh is 2x1, the one i'm cloning now is 3x1, so i know i can edit the footprint, but when i change the footprint will the wall mask need to be in that 3 pieces still?
#14 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 4:40 PM
Usually the option to include diagonal pops up right in your face when you start a project in TSRW even for sofas! You sure you have the latest WS?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 5:36 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 4th Jun 2012 at 6:07 PM.
Usually the option to include diagonal pops up right in your face when you start a project in TSRW even for sofas! You sure you have the latest WS?
Thanks for the reply!

2.0.40.0 is what i am using, ill show you the little box i have to tick in, look at the image i attached at the bottom left. then the other picture is what comes up if the window doesn't have a default diagonal. I get no other windows popping up asking me something.

To include i diagonal i have been ticking in the little box in the first picture, but when i go to start editing the object and i go under mesh its still medium and high level of detail i don't see a diagonal slot in the drop down menu under mesh. Where do i import it?
Screenshots
#16 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 6:13 PM
It's lying - that window does have a default diagonal mesh

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 6:43 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 4th Jun 2012 at 6:54 PM.
It's lying - that window does have a default diagonal mesh
Lol i cloned another window just for an example to show you that was the mission window not the international.

Where do i include the diagonal mesh? In the high level or medium? because there is no Diagonal level of detail. Or do i just import a normal mesh and it will automatically do it for me? Because i don't see a section or button in TSRW to edit just the diagonal part of the window, or import just a diagonal mesh.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 8:52 PM
If you're using a window that has a diagonal there's a drop box on the project tab in TSRW that lets you choose which mesh you want to use. One being the normal and one being the diagonal. Or you can make your own using the resources from the original, make it so that it is not shown in the catalog, then add it to the original OBJD like Inge said earlier.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 10:41 PM Last edited by TDC95 : 9th Jun 2012 at 1:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
If you're using a window that has a diagonal there's a drop box on the project tab in TSRW that lets you choose which mesh you want to use. One being the normal and one being the diagonal. Or you can make your own using the resources from the original, make it so that it is not shown in the catalog, then add it to the original OBJD like Inge said earlier.
Thank you so much!!!!!

Ok after testing in-game i got a bug, both with my wall and my windows. My windows can be placed diagonally now but when i go to place them on a wall it says must be placed on wall, if i do a move-objects on i can place them at the 45 degree angle like the picture below but not on a wall? Why is it rejecting to be put on a diagonal wall? why is that?
Screenshots