Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Elexis : 24th Apr 2012 at 9:03 PM.
Default 4 channels object to clone - SOLVED
Hello,
I was trying to make some deco objects and I stumbled across this issue - I need a base game object to clone which has 4 channels and supports alpha (transparency) on meshes, but I was unable to find the item which would meet all the criteria. Is there such item?
I use TSRW and have no intentions to use other tools, since I'm an object making noob and it would take me forever to get used to new programs :D
Any help would be very appreciated

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 10:01 PM
Ok, so I know you said you have no intention of using other tools...

...but the way I'd do it is to clone whatever you like in TSRW, and save it as a .package. Open the file in TextureTweaker3, click Enable Channel 4 (or whatever that button is called), save, and close TT3. Then go new project -> import in TSRW, import the TT3'd .package file, and continue making all your other edits in TSRW.

Feel free to start hitting me now.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 10:18 PM
Lol, thanks for the advice, I will have to try that Well, I don't really have other choice

My Simblr - ElexisSims
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 12:10 AM
I'd actually advise export to package (in TSRW) using ProjectContents, and Import the same way. It tends to give slighly purer results as things can be lost/altered/renumbered as you import to start project.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 3:23 AM
I believe the Deco Life Preserver could meet your needs as well.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 11:21 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 21st Apr 2012 at 11:57 AM.
Just change your shader to glass and pull down the diffuseslider a bit.(materialsettings)
This will make your whole meshgroup transparant so it is important to splitup the meshparts you want to be transparant in a seperate meshgroup.
This is the easy way.
I wouldn't load the glass setting so you can still color the part using the phong settings.
Here is a tutorial if you run into errors, page 48:
http://issuu.com/thesimsresource/docs/simspiration3

Edit,
Keep in mind TSRW does not always display transparancy correct untill you click the ''other'' material(parameters)(it is the material under extra's)
Best is to check ingame
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 9:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the help, I've tried all the options and I found that everything is very easy to achieve using Texture Tweaker. It's a wonderful tool which has everything I need in one place

My Simblr - ElexisSims