Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 1:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Disappearing Neighborhoods
This problem has been here for a while, but i just ignored it.
ALL of my neighborhoods apart from Veronaville and Riverblossom Hills has dissapeared, i have deleted the NeighborhoodManager before to try and fix it, but all it has done is created a new one and my neighborhoods are still gone. All of the files for the missing neighborhoods are still there, I removed my CC to see if that worked, nothing. I didn't do anything to make the files delete, so I don't know the main reason of my problem..

If you need any more information then ask me, please.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by allydana06
This problem has been here for a while, but i just ignored it.
ALL of my neighborhoods apart from Veronaville and Riverblossom Hills has dissapeared, i have deleted the NeighborhoodManager before to try and fix it, but all it has done is created a new one and my neighborhoods are still gone. All of the files for the missing neighborhoods are still there, I removed my CC to see if that worked, nothing. I didn't do anything to make the files delete, so I don't know the main reason of my problem..

If you need any more information then ask me, please.

Do you have any downloaded hoods in your game?

If you do then they may have the same internal numbers which will make both not show up at all, if you have more than 1 with the same internal hood number then all with conflicts will not show up in game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 7:25 AM
Disappearing hoods is normally the final death groan of corrupted hoods.

Did you delete any sims from the family bin?
Did you place occupied lots (including with graves) into the occupied bin?
Did you move sims between hoods?
Did you use the delete all characters cheat?
Did you install an occupied lot? (not made by maxis)
Did you remove NPC creating mods. For example a muli PT mod, an item that moves around a lot such as the surfing mod, roller coaster or animals?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Disappearing hoods is normally the final death groan of corrupted hoods.

Did you delete any sims from the family bin?
Did you place occupied lots (including with graves) into the occupied bin?
Did you move sims between hoods?
Did you use the delete all characters cheat?
Did you install an occupied lot? (not made by maxis)
Did you remove NPC creating mods. For example a muli PT mod, an item that moves around a lot such as the surfing mod, roller coaster or animals?

No, I have never downloaded any custom lots, I haven't done anything else of what you said too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 11:26 PM
Well the next possibility is they are pre-made hoods (made by maxis) and they have simply run their course. They all come already corrupted and need their life extended by regular mop ups with Hood Checker. Have you been using Hood Checker on them? You could run Hood Checker on any backups that you have, that might get them back for at least a while.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 12:39 AM Last edited by allydana06 : 28th Apr 2018 at 12:59 AM.
Well the next possibility is they are pre-made hoods (made by maxis) and they have simply run their course. They all come already corrupted and need their life extended by regular mop ups with Hood Checker. Have you been using Hood Checker on them? You could run Hood Checker on any backups that you have, that might get them back for at least a while.

No I haven't, i'll go try that now.

Edit: I just tried it, the files for the missing neighborhoods were blank, and i couldnt click them inside of Hoodchecker, but when I went back to check my neighborhood files outside of it, the files were still there.. I'm guessing they're corrupted?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 11:58 PM

And I don't care about the sims in the saves, I just want the worlds back without corrupting my current two worlds that I have.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:04 AM
Worlds? Do you mean hoods? Worlds are a Sims 3 thing. Each hood is separate. You can get the pre-made hoods back from the installation files but they will be unplayed vanilla condition. Or you can download cleaned up versions.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2018 at 1:31 AM Last edited by allydana06 : 2nd May 2018 at 1:46 AM.
Worlds? Do you mean hoods? Worlds are a Sims 3 thing. Each hood is separate. You can get the pre-made hoods back from the installation files but they will be unplayed vanilla condition. Or you can download cleaned up versions.

Yeah sorry i mean hoods, I'm a Sims 3 player. I'll go get the pre-made hoods now.

update: I found this post http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...t_Neighborhoods and followed it, and it worked! Thank you for your help.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd May 2018 at 2:35 AM
That's it. I would use hood checker on it first then make a backup. Then continue to use it often.

~Call me Jo~