Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1759
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4127 (Who?), Viewed: 187981 times.
Search this Thread
Old 8th Aug 2018, 10:38 PM #4126
Phantomknight
Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Sims living in apartments constantly roll wants to get a roommate, even if there's 8 sims stuffed in a 2-bedroom place.

I think that's related to the household cash--at least it is in my experience. I noticed that whenever the cash at hand gets "low," sims in the household will roll a want to get a roommate--even if they already have one, there's no room to put another bed, etc.--as if they are worried about covering rent.

Low is in quotes, because what they consider low and I consider low are two different things. Plus I don't think it depends on the actual rent of the place--I'll have to keep an eye out for that next, at least. But, from what I have seen, around $3,000 and less is when it starts to pop up. And it doesn't seem to matter if you have enough $ to cover your sims' half of the rent or just barely enough to cover the whole rent--it always shows up about then and persists. But it never seems to appear if you have several thousands in the bank.

For example, I was playing an apartment yesterday, and the rent is about $2,000. I use Monique's computer but had been keeping about $9,000 in the household cash. As soon as my sims went on a clothes shopping spree and the funds dipped less than $3,000, both sims in the household rolled a want for a roommate the next time their wants refreshed.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Old 8th Aug 2018, 10:48 PM #4127
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Oh, that makes sense. Because of Cyjon's Bigger Bills, a lot of my Sims often don't have much cash on hand (and those who do tend to squirrel it away in bank accounts).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old 9th Aug 2018, 7:01 PM #4128
SnorkackSearcher
Test Subject

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
I think that's related to the household cash--at least it is in my experience. I noticed that whenever the cash at hand gets "low," sims in the household will roll a want to get a roommate--even if they already have one, there's no room to put another bed, etc.--as if they are worried about covering rent.

Low is in quotes, because what they consider low and I consider low are two different things. Plus I don't think it depends on the actual rent of the place--I'll have to keep an eye out for that next, at least. But, from what I have seen, around $3,000 and less is when it starts to pop up. And it doesn't seem to matter if you have enough $ to cover your sims' half of the rent or just barely enough to cover the whole rent--it always shows up about then and persists. But it never seems to appear if you have several thousands in the bank.

For example, I was playing an apartment yesterday, and the rent is about $2,000. I use Monique's computer but had been keeping about $9,000 in the household cash. As soon as my sims went on a clothes shopping spree and the funds dipped less than $3,000, both sims in the household rolled a want for a roommate the next time their wants refreshed.

Yep, in the want tree the only trigger is family funds dropping below a certain amount- it says 30, but I've not tried messing with that yet, so I don't know if it's multiplied by something. It might be £300 or £3000? The want's also more likely for Romance, Popularity and Pleasure sims, and (oddly) serious sims. Maybe the idea is that serious sims are more frugal.

As Isa-WP mentioned, the developers seem to have been a bit over-keen for the wants in the later EPs to show up (I guess they wanted to show them off?) so they often have very high weighting, including this one. I'm working on a mod with lots of want tweaks, so I'll add this to the list, although it'll probably be a long time until I'm done!

Section jump: