Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1225
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 17161 (Who?), Viewed: 396579 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 4:30 PM #17151
SneakyWingPhoenix
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxxedoCat
If they already exist, make sure you have notownieregen installed and then kill them and get rid of their graves - delete them or move them to a graveyard lot.
Of course, you must also have nounlinkondelete installed so deleting the graves doesn't cause bucketloads of corruption!

Ah ok. Might take quite some time killing them off. I do wonder how long... I guess I'm get myself customer selector and build a suicidal townie swimming pool for one of my servos to earn a buck via the ticket machine venue.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : Yesterday at 5:11 PM.
Old Yesterday, 4:49 PM #17152
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader

EDIT: Hey, wait a minute! I looked up how to breed pets, cuz, as I said, http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...910#post5489910, I had no idea how it was done and was totally shocked to be notified they were on their way. So, I thought I better look up how we breed pets. Instructions say you have to have a pet house and they woo hoo and stuff. None of that happened, there's nothing for pets but dog dishes on that lot. I do have quiet pregnancy, which, might influence pets? But, still, no house. They are also over the limit of sims but that's surely just my usercheatthing. How could this happen?

I saw the picture in your other thread, and it looks like the parents are the Critturs. Sarah ships pregnant, like Samantha Ottomas.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Yesterday, 5:48 PM #17153
Sunrader
Inventor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
I saw the picture in your other thread, and it looks like the parents are the Critturs. Sarah ships pregnant, like Samantha Ottomas.

OH! Silly me, that never occurred to me! Thank you! So, again, stupid question, but does "aging off" work for puppies? I don't want them growing up yet. I'm a total newbie puppy owner and worried about my little darlings.
Last edited by Sunrader : Yesterday at 6:06 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM #17154
Pideli
Instructor

7 Achievements

Aging off turns off aging for everyone in the household so it should work for puppies as well.
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM #17155
grammapat
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

EDIT: Hey, wait a minute! I looked up how to breed pets, cuz, as I said, http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...910#post5489910, I had no idea how it was done and was totally shocked to be notified they were on their way. So, I thought I better look up how we breed pets. Instructions say you have to have a pet house and they woo hoo and stuff. None of that happened, there's nothing for pets but dog dishes on that lot. I do have quiet pregnancy, which, might influence pets? But, still, no house. They are also over the limit of sims but that's surely just my usercheatthing. How could this happen?[/QUOTE]
=
I use the blender for more "natural" breeding: when a male dog comes on the lot, and with "control pets" on, I click on the blender & pick "have a puppy with". There's other ways: that statue of a dog on a pedestal has been modded so you can pick ANY female and any male in the hood & POP! there's a puppy. Problem with all this sort of breeding is that you don't know the personality of the parents. And I guess Maxis didn't like dogs, they made them all (mostly) vicious.

Namaste
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM #17156
Sunrader
Inventor

1 Achievements

Just finishing up on this question.

Quote:
I had gotten rid of the Hamilton NPC because I think I sorta broke him, so I'll have to make a new one, but I'm rather liking my one that did work right now, so I'll enjoy her for a bit.

"Hamilton, the Bartender" is all better now. I know you were all probably terribly worried for him. He's functioning perfectly and staying in his correct clothes.

The hot lady bartender has become a townie involved in the ghost story. Lucky's Bar won the Best of the Best Award during one of the many tests, so it's displayed with the First Simoleon. I learned that deeds disappear from the walls of the business if it sells, but that's ok, cuz Hamilton Beech has 6 of them in his inventory.
One last technical note in case anyone wants to play with this. The real Hamilton Beech is banned from the lot with VC so that it won't look like there are two. The NPC has a nickname, Lucky Hamilton, and wears a tiny bar apron over his jeans, so I can tell him apart easily.
Last edited by Sunrader : Yesterday at 11:25 PM.
Old Today, 12:29 AM #17157
bulbash
Test Subject

What causes Sims having relations to everyone in the neighborhood? I've been working on converting some newly created sims to townies and Garden Club Members. I've used boolprop testingcheatsenabled on, of course, to get NPC and Townie Maker, and InSIMenator to change LTWs of some sims. After I opened SimPE, I've seen that the members of the family I entered and used to edit these townies have relations to all playable sims, townies, all NPCs and unknown Sims even though they're 0 and have no flags attached, such as "known", etc. It happened once before, and I've deleted the neighborhood. I'm afraid I have to start all over again.
Last edited by bulbash : Today at 12:42 AM.
Old Today, 2:26 AM #17158
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

More clues on the teens-to-college question. If I get any more without solving it I'll have to start a Help thread. I tried it with the aging mod out - making new townies - and they didn't show up, either, so I figured the next thing to do was to try it in another neighborhood in the same configuration. (This is my Retro set-up.) So I added LGU to Retropleasantspot, made a small townie family, moved them in, and checked the student screen, and there they were.

I can't imagine what's different about RH, but this is where we are at the moment, and the clue doesn't lead me anywhere.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Today, 2:58 AM #17159
Phantomknight
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

Peni, forgive me if it's been asked already, but do you have inTeen? Or any other mod that makes graduation a requirement before sims can go to uni? My only guess is that the teens may not be old enough or that the game might be reading their ages wrong, and therefore not allowing them to be selected.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Old Today, 3:12 AM #17160
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Nope, no InTeen for me. Taking out the aging mod didn't help the new RH teens, the aging mod was back in when I made the Pleasantview teens, and I changed one of the RH teens to 3 days to adulthood. So aging should be proven innocent at this point.

Since these neighborhoods are in the same game configuration, you'd think they'd have the same Weird Mod Effects. The only difference I can think of is, that Pleasantview already had a Widespot attached when I added LGU and made the townies, while RH only has LGU. Oh, and the Pleasantview stealth hood was disabled when I made RH. But they have the same Family Bin families (Goodies, Cyd, Gavigan, Ramaswami, Ottomas, Newson, Travellers), except for Julien Cooke, who exists in PV but not RH. And though I know chaos theory applies and it's not required to make sense, it's real hard to figure how stealth hoods could affect an active subhood's admission policies.

Fortunately RH exists in the Depression and hardly anyone will be going to college - probably just the Roth kids and Jules - so I'll have plenty of folks to age townies to adult without sending them to college, so it probably won't matter. But with something like this, I'd rather get to the root of the matter in case it arises in a less convenient context.

Old Today, 3:49 AM #17161
BlueAlien
Forum Resident

Riverblossom Hills has no townie teens except the paperboy and two cashiers (I'm using Tarlia's version). I wonder if it just doesn't recognize the ones you've created - if the university listing just "doesn't have a slot for them," so to speak?
Old Today, 3:49 AM #17162
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
OH! Silly me, that never occurred to me! Thank you! So, again, stupid question, but does "aging off" work for puppies? I don't want them growing up yet. I'm a total newbie puppy owner and worried about my little darlings.

Whenever you do decide to age them up, you're in for a treat. The Critturs' puppies are absolutely beautiful when they grow up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.

Section jump: