Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:24 AM
Default Everyones saying the new gamepack is adventure but...
I propose to you that it can not be adventure, because of what we know of the scope of previous Sims 4 gamepacks. Previously Sims 4 gamepacks have always been like bite-sized more narrowly focused expansion packs and expansion packs are now broadly focused but without much meat in their center. To make an adventure pack you need core gameplay and a good crunchy outershell and in the Sims 4 you can't have both at once. Therefore an adventure pack is literally impossible.

Instead it is my hypothesis, that this is another vacation world like in Outdoor Retreat just with some token mayan-like items thrown in to suite the overall tone of the new vacation world. If there's one thing the Sims 4 can't do it's impact or weight, so there's no way the gamepack will actually have any truly inspired gameplay in it. Sims 4 is slice of life without the life, an Adventure gamepack would have way too much weight and consequence and well Adventure.

In otherwords it'll have items for you to imagine raiding an Aztec or Mayan temple with but you'll have to bring your own gameplay/make do with machinima/poses if you want to actually have an indiana jones style romp.

That's just what I think the most likely outcome will be anyway.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 12:47 PM
I bet it'll definitely include a new vacation neighbourhood using the bones of Outdoor Retreat (tropical expeditions aka camping), plus some new tomb/temple lot for sims to explore.

I would be surprised if they included some sort of beach/swimming destination.
Scholar
#3 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:10 PM
Well, I'm not a part of "everyone", its so obvious, GPs so far have been under 700mb, Outdoor Retreat and Vampires have been the biggest two so far.

But only one destination or 50, i'm looking forward to it, I still love Outdoor Retreat even after 3 years, and amazing still discovering new things.

Many people complain that vacations are boring, and wanted more home stuff instead, but we have had a lot of home stuff lately.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:50 PM
Prediction:
- One world with 6 lots
- 1 of the lots is a base camp community lot that multiple Sims can visit while traveling
- 2 of the lots are a tiny rental lots
- 3 of the lots have ruins to explore for treasure
-exploring the 3 ruins will unlock the hidden lot
- A special hidden lot with one large lot
- The hidden lot is a large tomb
- All of the ruins or tombs have money inside to get super rich with very little effort
- They will have learned nothing from WA and the locations will not reset when you change households.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#5 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:41 PM
I'm reserving my opinion for once the pack releases and I've had a chance to try it myself. I'm not Sims 4 cheerleader, by any means, but I try to keep an open mind as much as I can. I might hate it, I might not. I loved World Adventures, but I'm not much on Outdoor Retreat.

I would have liked it if there was a game pack that took elements of Outdoor Retreat and combined them with a bit of World Adventures. I'm not much on camping in real life, and I need more incentive to make me want to do it with my Sims. Like I would have preferred we had a lot like the Base Camp from World Adventures in Outdoor Retreat besides just camping or renting a cabin. I'm hoping for something like that with this game pack. I know a lot of people don't like the RPG elements of World Adventures, but as a Sims Medieval fan (and a TES player), I would love a mix of simulation and role-playing in the Sims.

I'm hoping this game pack doesn't let me down. Time will tell.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I still love Outdoor Retreat even after 3 years, and amazing still discovering new things.
You're one of the few people I hear saying this. May I ask why you like it or what you can discover there?
For me it's one of the most boring packs ever. I did like the forest, but there wasn't anything to do there. The first time it was fun to find the hermit, but it has no replay value for me.
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Prediction:
- One world with 6 lots
- 1 of the lots is a base camp community lot that multiple Sims can visit while traveling
- All of the ruins or tombs have money inside to get super rich with very little effort
- They will have learned nothing from WA and the locations will not reset when you change households.

This, pretty much. I'm not super psyched, this sort of thing doesn't work very well in The Sims because of the game's ways. Not to mention, with EA's crunch culture you can bet it's going to be very shallow.
When will they learn, I wonder. And more importantly, learn to adapt to the crunch culture, instead of doing things they're forced to rush because it's too ambitious for the deadlines they have.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
You're one of the few people I hear saying this. May I ask why you like it or what you can discover there?
For me it's one of the most boring packs ever. I did like the forest, but there wasn't anything to do there. The first time it was fun to find the hermit, but it has no replay value for me.

I have herbalism sims, they have to visit GF quite regularly to obtain ingredients where you cannot obtain anywhere else, so they can fulfil their wishes back home of brewing herbalism potions with the grill.

Granite Falls just does come to lively with plenty of new (and old) sims to meet as long as your prepared to stay there as long as possible, (a short 2-day stay serves it no justice.)

I like the scenery at night too, no background distractions without any light pollution.

As for the hermit, that's just an Easter egg, Met him once and never bothered again, he serves no purpose at all.
Instructor
#9 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

Me too. Sent my newlywed Sims to Granite Falls then six sim-hours later sent them back home.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 12:44 PM
The archeology sounds interesting, but the killer bees and poisonous spiders, assuming those rumours are true, turn me right off. I don't need anxiety from a game I play to relax - I have enough excitement just stopping them setting themselves on fire. However, more 'danger' appealed to many Simmers in the stuff pack voting, so I can't fault the developpers for throwing something their way.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:05 PM
@DesereiPandemoni There can still be a train wagon of a doubt. Look at Vampire game pack for example. There is a possibility for developers to not blow it on this one If they put the love/motivation/whatever they did with that one specific game pack dedicated of a one supernatural creature. That theory is not far-fetched. Either it is half-baked or it's well-baked.
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:56 PM
I can say if you don't like going to Granite Falls, then you are not going like this GP for long, they are both GPs and its roughly going to be same size, and just as limited, a jungle may sound huge, but don't forget the invisible boundaries where we can't go.

So if your planning on buying it, i'll start liking Granite Falls right now...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:50 PM
I'm personally not too bothered about this Game Pack. Of course I'll end up getting it at some point and it does sound exciting, but I have a strong feeling a lot of the tomb/adventure things will be rabbit holes, and I think a lot of us will be upset if that's the case. Then again, I didn't play much with WA in TS3 so I don't really remember how those worked, but I knew they weren't rabbit holes.

I don't use Granite Falls much but I do love that world when I do use it. It's a shame you can't make your Sims live there though!
Instructor
#14 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Well, I'm not a part of "everyone", its so obvious, GPs so far have been under 700mb, Outdoor Retreat and Vampires have been the biggest two so far.

But only one destination or 50, i'm looking forward to it, I still love Outdoor Retreat even after 3 years, and amazing still discovering new things.

Many people complain that vacations are boring, and wanted more home stuff instead, but we have had a lot of home stuff lately.

Aren't vacations supposed to be "boring" though? That's why they're vacations, to do nothing. Which is kinda what I do like about Outdoor Retreat. Setting up camp somewhere allows your Sims to sit around and do nothing except enjoy (or fear) the outdoors. It's kinda similar to the "Three Lakes" in The Sims 2 Bon Voyage in that regard. I haven't played with it much yet, but I like the idea of it.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Scholar
#15 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vertisea
Aren't vacations supposed to be "boring" though? That's why they're vacations, to do nothing. Which is kinda what I do like about Outdoor Retreat. Setting up camp somewhere allows your Sims to sit around and do nothing except enjoy (or fear) the outdoors. It's kinda similar to the "Three Lakes" in The Sims 2 Bon Voyage in that regard. I haven't played with it much yet, but I like the idea of it.

It can be enjoyable experience if you put your mind to it, do things out of the ordinary, start by yelling at a bear or ranger, go for a jog, etc etc, or just do the normal things you normally at home, if you just sitting around waiting for the fun the come to you, it probably won't happen.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:33 PM
Ahh, the bridge looks amazing!
But... I wasn't a fan of World Adventures and this looks too much like it. But then again, Sims 4 is a million times better than Sims 3 in ever possible way so... I never liked pets before, especially in Sim 3 but they're my fave in Sims 4.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Prediction:
- One world with 6 lots

You are prob mostly right for the average scope but the last part I think you will be surprised:

"does the tomb generate new things in every save? So the traps won’t be the same every time and predictable" from twitter

Dave Miotke @SimGuruNinja

Correct. Layouts will change, traps will randomize, loot can be different. There's definitely reasons to return and explore more!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 4:19 AM
I think it looks interesting enough that I am sure I will get it, play for a week or so, then head back to CAW and 3.
Instructor
#19 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I think it looks interesting enough that I am sure I will get it, play for a week or so, then head back to CAW and 3.

Do yourself a favor and buy it when it's cheap. I suspect a sale will not be long in coming.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#20 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Do yourself a favor and buy it when it's cheap. I suspect a sale will not be long in coming.

I think you are totally right about that! :D