Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 2:23 AM
Although it's not my current hood, I ended up having Brandi Broke marry Chester Gieke in my previous one. If I get back to that time period anytime soon, I may introduce him back in and see if lightning (bolts XP) strike twice. He was so shy, she's so sweet, but I remember that, when he got around her, she was all he saw, and I want to say it was triple-bolt? They had a daughter (the name escapes me at the moment), and Chester didn't mind her kids under their roof!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:44 AM
@Joselle, I had the same thing happen spontaneously between Brandi and Chester as well. In my game, they were only double bolters, though. It was a brief relationship before Brandi ran off with a townie who she had three bolts with and Chester got himself knocked up by aliens and found himself a baby-mama (sort of) in Kaylynn Spitzig.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 5:10 PM
I haven't started really playing with my megahood (still need to finish initial makeovers) but couples i'm planning/that I ship. Granted they could always decide to defy me...

Angela Pleasant/Dustin Broke

I don't want break them up!

Lillith Pleasant/Dirk Dreamer

Same, I like them together.

Tank Grunt/Francis J. Worthington III

I guess I ship them because opposites attract?

Johnny Smith/Ophelia Nigmos/Ripp Grunt

:lovestruc

Kristin Loste/Cyd Roseland

They seem alike to me. Dog lovers, athletic. They fit well together in my head.

Erin Beaker/Lazlo Curious

They just fit perfectly. I might have Lazlo and Crystal Vu try to be together only to ultimately break them up and get him with Erin. Lazlo and Erin are both laid-back.

Lola Curious/Ajay Loner

They seem to work well to me.

Pascal Curious/Nervous Subject

OTP :lovestruc

Tina Traveller/Lucy Burb

I don't know why I got the idea I want to get them together, but I do. I think they'd make a cute couple.

DJ Verse/Jasmine Rai

I always ship these two

Blossom Moonbeam/Mickey Dosser

Laid back and hippie-ish, the both of them.

Sarah Love/Matthew Hart

Buck Grunt/Jill Smith

I've never managed to actually get them past teenagers, and barely that. But I want them to have a family and be happy.

Klara Vonderstein/William Williamson

Cassandra Goth/Darren Dreamer

Leod McGreggor/Gabe O'Mackey

Patricia Wan/Cleo Shikibu

There are still plenty of Sims I have no idea about but they'll be figured out while playing.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#29 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89

Johnny Smith/Ophelia Nigmos/Ripp Grunt

:lovestruc

Pascal Curious/Nervous Subject

OTP :lovestruc

Although we pair the Pleasant twins with different sims... You are doing amazing, sweetie
Field Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:36 AM
I put Tank Grunt with Johnny Smith once. They were a great couple. I would probably do it again too. I felt Tank was fighting his own feelings and it came out as hating Johnny. Of course there was the thing that his father would not have accepted such a relationship (gay & alien, No way!), which is why they lived elsewhere.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
I put Tank Grunt with Johnny Smith once. They were a great couple. I would probably do it again too. I felt Tank was fighting his own feelings and it came out as hating Johnny. Of course there was the thing that his father would not have accepted such a relationship (gay & alien, No way!), which is why they lived elsewhere.

Warning: Negative opinion below. (But not a toxic one, so chiiiiill)

Uff, sorry, had to get that out of my chest. I am not writing this because of you, SleepyCat, but your post reminded me about that one time I had the enormous displeasure of stumbling upon a few awkward stories regarding both these pairings. *shivers*

Anyway, back to the batcave
(Sadly, there is no bat emoticon)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
but let's say you want Tybalt and Mercutio together

This actually makes a lot of sense to me, not in the context of the sims 2 characters since I've never played Veronaville and know next to nothing about those particular characters, but the Shakespeare characters apparently have a "history" of some sort. As I understand it, it's less of an "enemies to lovers" and much more of a "lovers to enemies" in Shakespeare's canon, but I can understand people wanting to fix that pesky enemies thing and bring them back to being lovers again. (That's what the Couples Counselling skill is all about, after all! )

But yes, in general it's much better to avoid icky "abuse = love" tropes, even--or perhaps especially--when it's two guys.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:17 AM
No worries. My 'stories' must make sense in my head. In that particular one, I had Johnny and Tank in the same dorm at a Uni no other Strangetown sims were at. Fighting would have gotten them in trouble so a unspoken truce was called. They pretended the other wasn't there at first but in the close environment of the dorm, they came to see things in the other they could respect. I've always seen Johnny as bi so he was happily enjoying male & female dormies. Tank grew up trying to please his father, to be just like his father, but away from his father he started to find himself. He didn't suddenly say OMGosh, I'm gay and love Johnny. <laughs>
Scholar
#34 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:58 AM
i've always thought that in veronaville puck and hermia would marry and bottom and hal would marry,simply because their families are both matrilineal

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#35 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
but the Shakespeare characters apparently have a "history" of some sort. As I understand it, it's less of an "enemies to lovers" and much more of a "lovers to enemies" in Shakespeare's canon

I'm gay myself and I never saw it.

That;s the scene everybody uses to claim they have a thing for each other:
TYBALT Mercutio, thou consort'st with Romeo,-- (Mercutio, you are Romeo's mate...)
MERCUTIO
Consort! what, dost thou make us minstrels?(His mate? His band mate? [consort, old word for member of a musical troupe] Are you saying we are musicians?)
thou make minstrels of us, look to hear nothing but (If him and me were band mates, we wouldn't work well together, [because I'm currently mad at him for spending all his time with Yoko Ono...er..I mean... Juliet])
discords: here's my fiddlestick; here's that shall (here's my sword, I will attack you with it!)
make you dance. 'Zounds, consort! (Ha! Mate!)

Tybalt is saying that Mercutio hangs out with Romeo and Mercutio replies by basically saying he'd like to stab Tybalt. Then Romeo shows up, Tybalt threatens him and Romeo doesn't bite. Mercutio doesn't like to see his friend being abused and fights Tybalt himself. Romeo throws himself between them, causing Mercutio to hesitate and Tybalt to land a fatal blow.

Mercutio
Why the devil came you between us? (Why did you throw yourself between us, you idiot?)
I was hurt under your arm. (He stabbed me while you were blocking me [a direct reference to the stage direction earlier])

He's not saying him an Tybalt were lovers before the feud, he's saying Romeo interfered in their duel and caused him to be wounded by interfering, imho.

That's the sum of their interactions (Oh and he calls him King of Cats, in reference to a fable character of the same name).

Frankly there's more ust between Mercutio and Romeo, if you interpret his dislike for Juliet as romantic jealousy. Sure he dislikes (as in downright hates) women, but that has nothing to do with homosexuality (what sense would that conclusion even make?) and misogyny wasn't uncommon for men of that era (during a chunk of the Christian era and earlier in a lot of Ancient Greece, women were regarded as evil temptresses and the root of all pain and suffering as descendants of Eve and Pandora).

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
That;s the scene everybody uses to claim they have a thing for each other:

Obviously I can't speak for "everybody" but that's not even remotely what I was talking about.

Mad Poster
#37 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:33 PM
I forgot about this thread. Here's a handful of non-standard couples that have happened in my game:

- Leod McGreggor and Cyd Roseland. They're engaged and planning to move into Leod's farm (renaming it McGreggor Farms and Roseland Kennels).
- Darren Dreamer and Natasha Una. There's a bit of an age difference, but Darren doesn't mind all the grilled cheese talk and they're both artists.
- Gavin Newson and Jules O'Mackey. Jules made friends with Ginger Newson, and she got to know Gavin pretty well. It just took a bit of urging on Ginger's part.
- Ginger Newson fell in love with Romeo Monty, but then after the disaster party in Veronaville, is avoiding him.
- Puck Summerdream and Ripp Grunt had their first kiss together, although I can't remember the current status of their relationship.
- Malcolm Landgraab is engaged to Mary-Sue Pleasant. Mary-Sue is planning to run for mayor of Bluewater once she settles in...
- Gilbert Jacquet has a lot of girlfriends. He managed to get Jodie Larson and Chloe Curious pregnant already. He's going to be up to his eyeballs in child support bills unless he learns to use a condom.
- Luis Aspir is dating Dora Ottomas, and is working up the courage to ask for her hand in marriage.
- Opal Contrary had an affair with Castor Nova (and had his kid!) but they decided to amicably break up afterwards.
- Justin Cleveland is going steady with Melody Tinker, although she tried to sneak off to the hot tub with his uncle Geoff. That was awkward. I reloaded.
- Jason Cleveland recently realized he was gay, and is having a secret affair with Andy King from Emerald Heights. His wife, Marissa, is having a secret affair with the landlord. My Sims love getting themselves into trouble.
- Kimberley Cordial had Armand Debateau's child, but decided she wasn't in the place to care for a baby and severed her parental rights. (Armand took custody of him.) Meanwhile, Samantha Cordial is engaged to Gabriel Green.
- Jessica Peterson is dating a dormie called Chuck Wagon from LGU. She keeps rolling wants to get engaged to him despite having a romance secondary. I might oblige...
- Connor Weir and Florence Delarosa are engaged, although he's waiting for Geoff Rutherford to find another roommate (perhaps that one girlfriend of his, Chastity?) before he moves to Bluewater Village.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#38 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Obviously I can't speak for "everybody" but that's not even remotely what I was talking about.

Please don't misinterpret me as talking down or denying your interpretation. That it is just as valid as mine or anybody elses goes of course without saying. My lecturer at uni pointed to the scene I was quoting and yes personal interpretations are important and very welcome. I was merely sharing mine.

I never had the impression with Benvulio either, but I did get a bit of a vibe of Romeo/Mercutio.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:42 AM
@ihatemandatoryregister you should post more pictures of your sims or start a thread in the What's Going On social group. I'm always intrigued by what you have to say about the goings-on in your game.

That said, I should probably contribute a little something relevant to the thread title:

In my game, David Ottomas aged up into an adult and kindled up an affair with Circe Beaker. He knows she's married, but he's never been allowed to meet her husband or really anybody from her personal life. They met at a public pool, and though Circe was skulking around making rude comments and gestures, David's only take away was that she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. She gave him her card.

Now that Circe's been trying to get pregnant, she's lost interest in David. Reeling from the rejection of the only woman who ever really liked him, he enrolls at Verdant Valley Community College to really make something of himself, and bumps into Kristen Loste at the gym. He's smitten right away again. The two have already gone out once together, and have plans to meet up every night in the coming few days.

I had a thought that maybe nobody's had those pairings before, or at least I haven't heard of it before! I much prefer David with Kristen. They make a good match. David is a softie and Kristen is an outspoken, strong woman. Now that I think about it, maybe that's what David liked in Circe, too.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Page 2 of 2