Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 11:33 PM
Default World Installation Proplem PLEASE HELP
I can't upload so I put the sims3pack file on my desktop and then installed it (I had 2 other versions on my launcher) When I installed it it said it was already installed and when I went into my game it wasn't on the neighborhood list. I deleted all traces of it in My Documents and the launcher and when I install it still says it's installed, though it doesnt show up in the game .
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 11:34 PM
Argh! I thought I posted this in CAW....?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 11:04 AM
Have you tried uninstalling it via the "Installed Content" section of the Launcher??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 2:31 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 20th Dec 2009 at 3:41 PM. Reason: Merged posts: Please do not triple post
Yes, everything. I did a search in my documents and deleted it everywhere

Ok one of them is still in installed content, but everytime I go to it my launcher crashes

Ok I thought this would work but it didn't
I reinstalled it
Put the world file in the installed worlds folder
Didn't work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 4:20 PM
Ok I guess my hard work is just going into ther garbage. No matter where I've posted on this no one has helped me
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 4:58 PM
I wonder if this is an issue that I came across last night, are you trying to install different versions of the same world you are working on?

I had exactly this issue with the world I was working on, I thought I'd installed it right but it was not showing up in the main menu (or said it was already installed). It took me a while to figure out. What I think I did was to not change the details and name in the file, I left the name the same as a previous version, so the game thought it was already installed. I don't fully understand what the game looks at with these details but you might try changing the Name, description, and thumbnail of the new world, save again, export again and see if that does the trick.

Hope you get it to work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 5:02 PM
Ok, thank you so much, I'll try that. Yes, I was installing a different version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 5:32 PM
That didn't work
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 6:42 PM
oh, I was hoping that that would be it...

were you able to uninstall the previous version that you said earlier was still installed? and is your launcher still crashing? I now uninstall all versions before attempting to install a new version, so far that has eliminated the problems I had last night
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 7:10 PM
Yep, I uninstalled, deleted everything, except the version one that's still in installed content. My launcher crashes when I go to installed content. But there's no trace of it anywhere else in program files and my documents. I renamed everything, made a new description, etc.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 8:25 PM
I am concerned about your launcher crashing, and can't help thinking that that might be at the root of your problems with installation. Unfortunately I don't think that I can help you with such a technical issue beyond asking if there is any custom content you might have installed recently? and try removing it to see if the issue goes away.

If not, I would suggest a post in the Sims 3 help section where your post can be seen by those with more knowledge.

I really do hope you get this issue sorted out
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 2:04 PM
Alright, thanks, and no I haven't installed anything recently. I've been real cautious after I had this huge problem that I had to work out for 6 days. But thanks anyways
Scholar
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 2:38 PM
Here's something you can try:

1. Go to Installed Worlds under "Documents/ Electronic Arts" and move* your world here: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (World Adventures)\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\"

2. Delete all the Cache files for you world under "Documents/ Electronic Arts" World Caches.

*MOVE, do not copy. Installed Worlds should be empty.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 3:32 PM
The world isn't there when I go to installed worlds, I tried that, the only thing in there is Riverview
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 4:02 PM
My launcher used to crash when going to Installed Content, but then I fixed it by moving the DCCache and DCBackup folders. Maybe this will work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 4:16 PM
Oooh how do I do that?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 4:35 PM
Go to My Documents, then Electronic Arts, The Sims 3. Then find the DCCache and DCBackup folders, and cut and paste then to another folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 4:38 PM
I just put them anywhere?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 5:37 PM
Yeh, anywhere you want.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 6:22 PM
Wow ok :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 6:25 PM
OH nO! I did but it deleted all my launcher downloads *cries cries cries*
EDIT: Nevermind it was taking a while to load- But I do have to install thwm again
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 7:00 PM
No, I think you just move the folders back to where they used to be and all the content should come back

If you still want to uninstall the world:
If the world was the last thing you installed you should be able to take out all the content in DCBackup except the most recent (sort by date) and then uninstall it like normal via the launcher. If you install thigns after it, you could try doing it in groups of like 5-10 to see if it works.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 7:02 PM
YEEEEEEEEES It worked! I can play my town! Thank You so much!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 7:05 PM
Lol, lukyzade to the rescue!! =D