Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 2:39 PM
I've just started playing in Strangetown, after spending a lot of time in Pleasantview. So far I've only focused on the Curious family, and it's been a little crazy so far!

Pascal gave birth to his alien daughter, Eirlys, the night that Vidcund got abducted. Pascal didn't spend that much time with baby/toddler Eirlys, uncle Vic taught her to walk and to talk, and the two are very close. Pascal did occasionally show affection towards his daughter, and the two are friends. Laszlo got a few promotions, and moved Crystal Vu in. They married and woohooed, and then moved out with a bun in the oven. Vidcund gave birth to triplets, Stella, Aries, and Luna, but didn't dote on them as much as his niece. He spent a lot of time inviting Circe over and wooing her, and eventually she agreed to move in. The triplets had a birthday, but due to Pascal being an idiot, Aries didn't grow up and is still a baby. Circe invited Loki over and broke up with him, deciding that she'd rather be with Vidcund. Seeing his chance, Vidcund proposed, and they got married straight away. Eirlys grew up into a cute child, and she has a great relationship with Pascal now; uncle Vic is still her favourite though. The triplets have yet to learn to walk/talk/potty, and Circe is hoping for her own child. I might move Pascal and Eirlys out, but I don't want to break Eirlys and Vidcund's awesome relationship.

Not much has happened, lol, but I'm having a lot of fun. Alien triplets are hard work!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#177 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 6:11 AM
I recently reset my strangetown and right now I'm playing the Curious brothers. Pascal had his baby, a girl named Zoey looking 100% alien, Vidcund had twin alien boys with his blonde hair, I have a Multi PT set, named Zachary and Zayden. Pascal and Nervous are together romantically, Lazlo is in love with Crystal Vu and Vidcund likes to be creepy. Currently with Zoey a toddler and the twins infants it's a bit of chaos!
Instructor
#178 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 2:52 PM
I have Strangetown and Pleasantview merged. The main thing I am excited about is that Chloe Curious and Don Lothario had a baby together. Using creaturefixes, this is the first time I ever had a baby come out with sim skin and alien eyes. Her name is Lisette, and though she's only a toddler right now, I can tell she is going to grow into a real beauty.

In other news, Jill Smith is in an arranged marriage with Alexander Goth to unite the two powerhouse families. Ophelia is with Dirk Dreamer, Buck Grunt is with Lucy Burb (or she might be with Beau Broke, I get them confused) and they are all in college. Johnny Smith is with Kristen Loste. She got pregnant by a coworker and is claiming it's Johnny's. Actually she doesn't know for sure since she slept with both of them in the same day (I have the baby chime turned off, but based on when she got her first bump, I know it's the coworker's baby). Loki Beaker died in a suspicious fire and Circe is living with Nervous Subject, using all the money he inherited to search for Bigfoot. Right now she is on bed rest for the duration of her pregnancy because she has already had 3 miscarriages. I'm wondering if previous miscarriages make sims prone to have them. In one instance, within an hour of conception, she had a miscarriage.

For the curious brothers, Lazlo is dating Cassandra Goth (they both were in the science career and had 3 bolt chemistry). Pascal has turned into a vampire and is so focused on that, he neglects his child, PJ. Lazlo took PJ fishing and PJ loved it ("so excited to try that Nature activity...") but when it came time to eat the fish they caught, PJ opted for a lunchmeat sandwich instead (kids are weird like that).

I had to kill off Vidcund. He somehow became corrupted when he became alien pregnant. I'm not sure what happened, but it most likely had to do with the inteen mod because no matter how his pregnancy ended (whether through birth, termination, or miscarriage), he would instantly age down to a teen. I tried aging him back up with the blender, but he would keep his teen voice and have teen social interactions (ex. ask permission to go out). I set his age to max days and had him grow up naturally, but he still kept his teen behavior. So story-wise, I just said Vid was implanted with an alien parasite (not a baby) and the parasite killed its host and itself.
Test Subject
#179 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 2:14 AM
I love reading these! Only just now have I gotten brave enough to post my own. Like many of you mentioned, I play a combined hood (the one SaraMK made, Pleasantview with the other towns attached), and have gotten quite spoiled to it. I tried playing the regular Strangetown the other day, but it felt so closed in after playing the mega-hood. Anyway, in my Strangetown, Pascal gave birth to his baby girl, Aldrea, and Vidcund got abducted and had a son, Comet. Aldrea is currently a child while Comet is a toddler. None of the Curious brothers have settled down with anyone.

After an accident with the aspiration-changer machine (I don't remember what it is called) Nervous Subject's aspiration changed to Grilled Cheese, so I decided to have him befriend the Desiderata Valley girl who also has Grilled Cheese Aspiration. I didn't intend for a romance between them, but as they got used to each other it started to seem like a good idea, so he married her and moved out of the Beakers' place to Desiderata Valley, where they happily make grilled cheese sandwiches together all day long. I like to look at it as a fresh start for Nervous. I haven't played the Beakers much since then, but I imagine they're going to adopt a child and then Loki will probably have a tragic demise.

In the Smith family, I sent Johnny to La Fiesta Tech before he could age up. He's still there, and has developed an attraction to Stella Terrano, which I thought was cute (them both being aliens and all) but I'm not sure if I'm going to set them up or not. PT9 has died, and his wife is now an elder. Jill is a teen and I'm thinking I'll pair her with Alexander Goth from Pleasantview.

Of the Grunt family, Tank went to college and made his dad proud. He's doing great in the military but hasn't found anyone to date. While playing the Pleasant family, Lilith went to the park and ran into Ripp, and they hit it off immediately. They're my favorite couple of the whole game now, and I plan for them to marry as soon as I get them both aged up. Buck is a teen and I don't know what I'll do with him yet.

Ophelia Nigmos went to college and met Dirk Dreamer, who she later married. They moved back in with Olive and had the cutest little girl, Debbie Dreamer, who is my absolute favorite game-born sim. Olive died the day Debbie was born.
Top Secret Researcher
#180 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 10:16 AM
Since i've finally played it a little bit, almost finished the second rotation which for me is a sim week for all households, I figure i'll be brave enough to post it here though I do have a blog about them, link in siggy.

Pascal had a baby alien girl named Zoey who is now a teenager, Vidcund had his scheduled abduction and had twins, 2 boys Zachary and Zayden also now teenagers. Lazlo also got alien pregnant, he's currently married to Crystal Vu (now Crystal Curious) and they live in their own home. His alien baby was a girl named Lily Curious. She is now a child and Crystal is pregnant, normal pregnant lol. Pascal and Nervous showed they liked each other so now they are married and Nervous moved in with Pascal and Vidcund, and their alien children. Nervous is now Nervous Curious, wanting to leave the bad memories behind him. Pascal and Nervous adopted a boy toddler named Amar who is now a child. Vidcund appears to be asexual.

Olive Specter tried to get the elixir of life but just as she went outside to see a ghost as they finally popped up and the wish would have given her the last few points she needed, she died. So close, oh well. Ophelia went to college, with Johnny Smith and Ripp Grunt. Ophelia and Johnny are now married so Ophelia is Ophelia Smith now and they live in a nice, though horrible looking as I made it lol, apartment complex. Kids will come soon-ish, it's all Ophelia thinks about! Lol that and her mega crush on Ripp which the feelings are mutual but so far neither have acted on...so far...I spy love triangles in the future.

The Beakers miss abusing their test subject nervous but have moved on not wanting to get in trouble with the law for what they have done, doesn't mean they won't do it to someone else later. They just keep it under wraps. They had a girl named Alexandra who amazingly is very nice (8 points!) despite them both being completely mean. They did encourage her to be more outgoing and active (to 10 total points in each) but she refuses to be mean, she is a sweet little girl. Sadly this may make her their test subject when she's older, she is currently a child and they got her in private school, only the best for them. They moved her down to Nervous's old room though, and Circe is pregnant again. Loki wants a boy to carry on the Beaker name.

PT #9 and Jenny Smith did have some elixir of life and Jenny got pregnant with a baby girl they named Jordan who is now a child. She also had twins Jasper and Juniper who are now toddlers. Jill is a teenager and with Buck Grunt, despite Buzz Grunt's disapproval of the aliens and knowing Jill is 1/2 alien (and I fixed her recessives with SimPE). Jill and Buck go behind Buzz's back, though Jill parents are fine with it, they have an issue with Buzz not Buck after all.

In the Grunt household as teens Ripp and Tank continued to hate each other while Tank continued trying to please Buzz. They both went to college, as I mentioned Ripp but Tank went on his own. Tank is now with Kristin Loste and Ripp is with Erin Beaker....and I moved Erin Beaker and Kristin Loste to their own apartment together to get them away from Chloe Curious. At first Ripp was in his own apartment, he's such a cheater too though Tank did cheat on Kristin once but he felt bad, Ripp however loves Erin but cheating is just kind of who he is. Now Ripp just moved in with Kristin/Erin and Tank so the brothers are back together in the same house. It's been so long their relationship has went back to 0 and I don't plan on interfering in their relationship so who knows if they will put the past behind them or not.

Buzz is not proud of Buck but he's pretty much given up hope on Buck being like him. Buzz only seems to love Tank, the perfect son to him. He did show he had a thing for a townie Margaret Howe, so now she moved in and they are married. Buzz got into a fight somehow, I didn't see over what, with a almost friend of Margaret's and wished to drink him-Clarence Thorne. So I got him the cow plant with the cheat and he did indeed drink his wife's friend out of spite. The grave is currently staying on their property as I hope Clarence haunts the crap out of Buzz lol. I know if I get tired of it I'll make a graveyard and move the grave there. I know better than to delete it I even put a fence around it locked to avoid having it smashed and cleaned up but I don't think the fence can stop the ghost. So Margaret is upset, doesn't realize Buzz planned him to die, and she is pregnant. Buck also isn't happy about his father's marriage but nothing against Margaret, he actually ran and cried when they were to get married he was upset, my head canon says he just misses his mother. I actually read Buzz's memories and he broke up with Lyla before she ever died.

Stella Terrano went through Uni and got her own Apartment afterwards where she found a roommate that I made (and play not an actual roommate according to apartments) Kimberly Stiles. They got a thing going and are now engaged.

Lola Curious eventually moved in with Ajay Loner and they got married so now she is Lola Loner. The wedding was beautiful. She had a baby girl Cordelia Loner who is green with black hair and brown eyes and now a toddler.

Chloe Curious stayed in the house I originally put the singles (and renamed them all their "proper" names) and she gets around town being the romance sim she is. She even got with the countessa and is now a vampire. She got pregnant by a townie Alejandro something and had a girl, Desiree Curious.

I put the traveller house in Strangetown and they went on 1 vacation so far and used up most of their money in the beach vacation one. Tina is a teenager now, they started a home business a toy/child furniture shop which stinks at the moment. Trisha writes novels and paints. They had a son named Tyler.

My Simblr
He/They
Instructor
#181 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 5:50 PM
A couple of days ago I got in the mood to start a rotation in Strangetown, so I did, using the premades + the Loner, Singles, and Picaso simbin families (and Crystal Vu). I've started with a two sim-day length for each rotation, but I think I'll go longer soon; next rotation needs to be the same length or some of the teens will go off to college before the end of my playing, but after that I might up it to four days.

I started with the Beakers. I sort of get the vibe from Loki that he'd be a jerk, but Circe doesn't strike me as the type to put up with that, so I decided that they're happily married and tough, a bit evil even, but not loathsome. Circe got pregnant with the only child they'll be having; they definitely seemed like they'd want a kid to pass on their lineage, but more than one would exceed their interest. Nervous, meanwhile, was definitely getting a spouse; my first thought was to have him get with Pascal, but after Nervous failed to roll any wants for Pascal after getting a crush on him, combined with his pesky LTW to marry off five kids (which would mean six kids including Pascal's, aaaaaaaa!), I ditched the idea and found a nice townie girl that Nervous is now engaged to. I figure I'll have them move out and handle their kids legacy-style, continuing the family with one and moving out the other four to motherloded abodes in which they never get played.

Next was the Grunt family. Oddly, I didn't feel like Buzz was particularly harsh to his kids. I think that after topping his career and losing Lyla he doubled-down on family. He's still got a strained relationship with Ripp, though. He's currently in a relationship with a townie woman, though that may not last as he'll probably be involved in the Picasos' marital problems. Tank spent most of his time building body points for a scholarship; most of the teen drama is going to be happening in college. He's going to end up with Johnny, which is like a no-brainer in my mind. Ripp did find the time to make out with Ophelia; his LTW is to have 20 simultaneous lovers, but hahaha no and he seems like the kind of guy to meddle with other people's significant others, anyway. Buck painted and tried to improve his relationship with Jill. Not sure where I want to go with that yet.

Then it was on to the Singles household. Things were pretty uneventful; I decided pretty soon that Erin and Lola would end up together, but they spent most of their time working on their careers. Chloe wants to woohoo with 20 different sims, so I got to work on her as a major heartbreaker. I was going to have her get involved with Lazlo, but pesky family ties got in the way. The Curious/Smith/alien dynasty thing is majorly annoying to me and neither of the alien sisters are having kids to help manage that. I think Chloe ended up romancing some random townie dude. Kristen only really worked on her career... there are a number of guys she could end up with, but I'm not sure yet. She might just build some businesses, reach elder, and stop getting played.

The Smiths were next, I believe. I didn't really have any ideas about the family outside of the given "a happy family" thing; Jenny got pregnant with another baby as she worked on her career, Johnny spent the entire two days jumping rope for the body scholarship, and Jill made friends with Buck. Boooring for now.

Next I played the Picasos, who were absurdly simple to play (once I renovated 73 Road to Nowhere, what a crappy house). The wife got pregnant and they worked on their careers and that was it. I do have plans, though: the wife wants a golden anniversary, but you know that something has to get in the way of that. I'm just not sure what--I know it'll be an affair, but who will be the one to cheat is still a mystery.

Then were the Curiouses! Pascal named his alien baby Joe because I thought it would be funny. ("You named your baby Joe?" says an astounded Vidcund.) He's got a crush on Nervous now, but since they're not going to happen I think that he'll end up seeing Nervous with his girlfriend and get upset. Vidcund got abducted, as you do, and showed an odd affinity for baby Joe. Cute! I think he'll be a good dad to his kid. Lazlo got properly involved with Crystal Vu and moved her in so she could get her own place. More on that when I get to her.

After that was the Loner family. Ajay seemed pretty normal, but with a lifetime want to reach the top of the criminal career, combined with a bolt for Olive Specter... I decided this guy is messed up. He kindled a relationship with Olive and found his preferred job and otherwise kept to himself.

I played Crystal Vu afterwards, and got her pregnant from Lazlo. (That's five pregnancies in one rotation, whee!) She seems like a fairly normal gal, but Lazlo's interest in her will wane after the baby is born and he might end up cheating on her; she will definitely become involved with Vidcund, and they may end up getting married.

Finally, I came to the Specter household. The cleaned up templates I got give Olive a lot more time to live than I expected, which immediately threw a wrench in my plans for her and Ajay to be a quick thing before she died. I'm not entirely sure why, but I don't see her as an evil murderer; I think she may have killed some of the people in her graveyard, but I think it's been for more sympathetic reasons than one might expect. Because of that, I'm inclined to let her live out the rest of her days, but who knows... Ajay might get a cowplant. Ophelia tried to call over Ripp to further their relationship, but there was never the time. I don't see her as the type to go for any of the teen guys in the neighborhood in the long-term... she seems like she'd want someone a bit more intelligent, maybe a bit edgy, who can challenge her. After Johnny catches her and Ripp in college she'll break it off with both of them and spent some time single before finding the right guy.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Scholar
#182 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 2:35 AM Last edited by Enki : 10th Feb 2014 at 1:07 PM. Reason: to avoid doublepost
I visited Strangetown again and decided to retcon some character bios to match Strangetown with my Desiderata Valley. When I last played it in 2011(?), I hadn´t decided that all my neighborhoods belong to the same world and there was even the location entry "Dakota Badlands".
The downtown got re-named Kittsburgh and is considered the next large city. The business district used to be in the badlands, but I retconned that to the Athis Desert featured in my Desiderata Valley chronicle and named it Dalmasca-Canyon. There´s not much there besides pet shop, an unhabited trailer park and some temple ruins.

Strangetown is now an independent military dictatorship with it´s own university, the Sir Rogers Military Academy. The founder Steve Rogers summarized his goal as "to make men out of anyone, whether they sport antennae or breasts" and even though training focusses on battling the Maxis-Aliens, promoting equality is an important aspect even today.
Strangetown itself is sort of an "alien ghetto". Up until a while ago life there was like in any other backwater place, but the new prefect rules with an iron gaunlet. The aliens and hybrids must enter the science track and cannot advance beyond test subject rank. To enforce this was heartbreaking in some cases, but I need some large quest that involves all households to be happy. The longterm goal here will be disposing of the prefect and freeing Strangetown before the asteroid impacts. What asteroid? The metaphorically one I´m due for transfering Pascal´s hybrid son into my custom neighborhood back in 200x. Yes, I´m playing in a corrupted neighborhood and made that part of it´s story. Sorry.

A former cadet from Sir Rogers is General Buzz Grunt. In my game he hates the Maxis-Greenlings, but hasn´t he reason to? Buzz is neutral, even helpful towards other aliens and human raised hybrids. My version of Buzz isn´t a bad guy, not even cold-hearted, but he still has a hard time expressing his feelings.
General Grunt is the military commander of Strangetown now. there´s only one man above him, the prefect, whom I will create in CAS one of these days. When I ressumed playing I found that I had added a large dog, Rex, to the family last time. It´s Buck´s, who aspires to work with dogs someday. Pet stylist, as his bio suggests, is out of the question for a son of Buzz, so daddy has been steering his son into another diraction: Becoming a police officer or dog trainer would be perfectly okay.
Shortly into playing Buzz saved Kittsburgh from an asteroid impact (chance card). From the money I made over his home and personalized everybody´s rooms. Ripp still keeps to himself, painting dark pictures in his room. Though Buzz does his best to befriend him, they just do not have much in common. But at least they´ve learned to accept each other.
Buck got into the school sports team the day of his teen birthday (chance card) and has developed a very dangerous hobby: astronomy (and spying on aliens). He´s fully daddy´s son now, just like Tank was, but with more personality of his own. I sometimes imagine Tank as sort of brainwashed while Buck is in full control over his destiny and only followes where he wants to be led.

I have a little issue with Tank at hand. When I last played Strangetown I had found Lyla´s grave on the Specter lot and interpreted that as Olivia killed her. Naturally I wanted to bring her back, so I drafted Tank for college, either raced him through per cheat or had him steal the secret society´s phone to the grim reaper - I don´t remember. When Tank arrived at the Specters´ with the artifact, he found that he couldn´t raise his mom, after all. So with his youth wasted I felt sorry for Tank and aged him down to child.
He was adopted by Lyle and Ophelia Specter who try their best to be the perfect parents to make up for the murder and Tank´s lost youth.
Lyle is the new name Nervous goes by now. Despite being his close relatives Ophelia married him, so she would not miss out on Olivia´s money.
Neither Lyle nor Ophelia are in any way connected to aliens and have no place in an alien ghetto. They just couldn´t leave before the place was closed.

Head scientist of Strangetown is Loki Beaker, chief medical officer his wife Circe and they do work in those tracks (normally ingame job and role in my chronicles can differ). That´s unfortunate for Loki, who aspires to become a criminal mastermind, but I don´t see a chance for that anytime soon. Circe is pregnant because they both wanted a child to carry on their legacy.

I put Erin back into the family, pretending she has "always" been living with them.
Her bio states in interest in the paranormal, her LTW is becoming a general, so Erin is being tutored to follow in Buzz´s footsteps, learns magic and has been made Junior Minister for Paranormal Activities. Her teacher is the good witch which, so she´ll present a nice contrast to her brother and sister-in-law. She might marry Buzz or Ripp someday.

The Curious brothers are kept in Strangetown because their genetics are of utmost interest to the "Greenlings". The prefect uses them as alien-bait and they have to use the large telescope each night. But being scientists to their core, the brothers don´t mind (much) and even take part in the studies going on in town.
Vidcund wants to master all his skills and works in the scientist track.
Lazlo´s LTW is reaching the top of the education career, so I had him enter this track. I pretend he´s the headmaster of the only school Strangetown has.
Pascal seems to have a crush on a townie from what I´ve seen, but I´m not sure if I want to continue this relationship.

According to the new background I gave them Chloe and Lola Single were recently freed from a research lab where they had been held during their teenage and young adult years. A couple of weeks ago they were released to the "alien ghetto" which isn´t perfect, but offers an almost normal life. They went on a vacation to celebrate their newly won freedom, together with Kristen and Ajay. I pretended that only the sisters went vacationing and met the other two in Three Lakes.

Ajay Loner was a woodcutter who dreamed of becoming a docor (LTW), but he has never finished college and so didn´t believe he can pull it off. When he heard that Strangetown government recruits pretty much anybody who doesn´t ask too many questions he decided to try his luck there and work his way up from the bottom.

Kirsten on the other hand feels sympathetic with the ghetto inhabitants and wishes to improve their lot. She, too, came to Strangetown and opened a souvenier shop. I hate the business-LTW, but started working towards it anyway. Figuring magic would be useful I had Kirsten meet a witch and get her initiated. The same day she recieved a genie lamp and, phew, was I relieved when I could wish for Peace of Mind and be rid of the LTW! Kristen still runs her business, but financiall success is no longer important to her (which nicely fits her revised backstory, too).
Kristen was welcomed in her new home by Vidcund, Pascal and a social townie. The townie was rude to her and the next thing that happened was Vidcund retaliating. Of course this was just a coincidance, but I like to over-interpret my sims´s actions, so I ruled that Vidcund actually had defended Kristen verbally. They started dating soon after and by now Vidcund has moved in, but Kristen isn´t sure what kind of life they would lead as a couple.
Vidcund keeps bringing home "work" (that is, drafted aliens working in the same career) and has watch the sky each night, waiting to get impregnated... it´s scary and repelling to Kristen. Sometime she wishes she was back in 3 Lakes, playing soccer professionally like she used to do (according to her Maxis bio).

Ajay on the contrary isn´t bothered at all by the experiments. He focusses on his career. During the vacation I found that both Lola and he share the music & dance true hobby, so they became roomies and are gradually shifting towards something more.

Chloe lived alone after the holiday. I gave her a makeover with neon green hair and bright white clothing, also a totally white bedroom, to show that the years spend in a laboratory have rubbbed off on her.
Chloe´s hobby is nature. After all the time under sterile living conditions she loves to dig in the dirt and added a small garden to her lot. Making her home into a small park is where most her money goes. After she began to rediscover the joy of colors I remade her house Mashuga-style. She may have been brought up as a human, but her taste in fashion and furniture is different.
Chloe is liked very much by the Strangetowners. They do what they can to help her to come alive again and one of them offered her a blind date. From the sky fell Erwin Neumann from Desiderata Valley, the long-time unknown son of Gloria Newson. He was called differently here, but it was the same dormie I had played in Desiderata ´till I killed him off during the alien recent invasion there. Turned out he wasn´t dead at all. Sure, there is a tombstone in D. Valley, but the grave is empty, as I know now. I canged the sim´s name immediately and jotted down a few words about how everyone at home thought he was dead, but in truth Erwin had been rescued by Strangetown rangers. Only they had to flee and could not return him home, so he lives in Strangetown now.
When I saw Erwin´s 3 chemistry bolts with Chloe and the look of utter content and pleasure when she gave him a massage I knew I had just witnessed another happy end.
(Gabrielle Newson, Erwin´s wife in Desiderata Valley, has re-married, she´s now with her college sweetheart Fricorith Tricou and raises his daughter along with Erwin´s.)
Erwin graduated from college with the little help of a "faked" diploma (arts major). He now works as a seed tester in a agriculture firm and paints a little. I don´t even know what ingame job I gave him, only that it requires logic. He uses a cc microscope and has quite some nature enthusiasm, too, so hence the "custom job" (I do not have a low attention span, I just juggle 2 immersive neighborhoods already plus my own life, so please forgive that I forgot Erwin ´s exact Maxis job).

In the Smith Household Johnny has returned from college, but only a few days have passed at home. Johnny brought with him his betrothed, Nina. I have yet to really get into the Smith-family, there´s something missing to make them "klick" for me.
More retconning: Polli-Tech-9 is obviously a hybrid, not a full blooded Maxis Greenling. I mean, just look at the kids he sired! That´s exactly what one might expect from second-generation hybrids. So Polly was abandoned at birth and for some reason adopted back by the aliens. He made Chloes and Lola (plus several others we do not know of), his work was always alright, but in the end he was too much human to fit in and he was exiled from the hive. He knows them inside out, understands the danger they pose and has started writing a series of novels about them. Nevertheless he´s stilly enemies with Buzz who chased him all over the country and finally imprisoned him in Strangetown.
Jenny had witnessed Polly´s arrival at earth (now the planet Aridia, in my game) and was always his supporter. When she heard Polly had been confined to Strangetown she followed him there, revealed to him that she loved him and they married. I need to breath something more than "faithful wife" into her, soon.
Jill has grown up to a fortune sim. Her room is ocean/sailing-decorated and she has become a young rebel on account of knowing never to be able to work on the high seas. Like all hybrids Jill has to "work" in the science track after school, so it´s all a bit much for her. Jill may very well turn out the central character when it eventually comes to freeing Strangetown.

Johhny´s fiance Nina is an YCAS sim of mine. Together with Shane and Kurt she survived a crash with an UFO. The three of them are non-Maxis aliens. In my head canon their race was living in a medieval culture when they found a crashlanded Maxis-UFO... those UFOs tend to crah a lot, now that I come to think of it... The peasantry on Nina´s home planet still lives like their ancestors and the rulers understand only a small fraction of the technology they use. Anyway, "Nina", "Kurt" and "Shane" were required to live in the Sir Rogers Academy for four years to learn about the local culture and were then allowed to settle in Strangetown.
Shane married a dormie, his college crush Adelheid something. The couple enjoys a honeymoon on Twikki right now.
Kurt met Strangetown-Bella. Bella is kept here by the prefect. She realized that Kurt´s species isn´t to blame for her abduction and (selective) memory loss, so when she found herself drawn to him, she didn´t fight her feelings. Together they have a toddler daughter name of Julia - that´s what Bella was called in german in Sims 1.
Kurt was already a high ranking police officer when the prefect passed his new job-restriction order. The Strangetowners pleaded for Kurt to be allowed to keep his job, but then he failed a chance card and the prefect used this as an excuse to fire him. So it´s test-subject-time now for Kurt, too.

So this is my new Strangetown and I´m rather pleased with it. I made over the com lots a bit to make them more efficient as well as dysotopian, added a park and a few fields, but my main interest in in the characters.
Forum Resident
#183 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 7:12 PM
Spectre - Olive is still around right now. She found her long-lost son recently, and he's living with her now. Ophelia is in college, studying to be a doctor. As a hypochondriac, she finds the thought of having medical expertise comforting.

Curious - Well, all three brothers were living together until Vidcund gave birth to twins. Six people in that house - no way. I took it as a sign that it was time for the brothers to each make their own way. Vidcund just married a townie (who wants to be a Mad Scientist), the same day his babies grew into toddlers. He says he's in love, but I wonder if he just wanted someone to help with the babies - he was being run ragged. Lazlo and Crystal had negative chemistry, and he's moved on from his crush and is married to Kristen Loste now. Crystal will end up playable anyway, though, because Tank Grunt is in love with her. I couldn't resist the idea of him stealing Lazlo's crush.

Singles - Chloe wants 20 woohoos, but hasn't gotten any. Now that Lola and Kristen have moved out, maybe she'll have enough privacy to make some headway. Lola, fortune sim that she is, has just married Ajay - they understand each other. Kristen is working on that athletic career and married Lazlo, as I said. And Erin has triple bolts with a townie. She's in the culinary career track, but her cooking skill is not that fabulous.

Grunt - Well, Buzz and Ripp are getting along a little better. Poor Ripp still hasn't gotten his first kiss yet, and he'll go to college tomorrow. An overbearing dad really gets in the way of a good time, it seems. He's going to be a star, he's decided. Buck's a teen now, and he and Jill Smith are going steady with their sometimes-triple-bolt chemistry (she likes glasses and he wears them). Tank is in college and congratulating himself on his new girlfriend, Crystal Vu.

Loner - Ajay just married Lola, and with the money she brought in, he could afford to upgrade the house a little. He's in the medical field.

Smith - Well, Jenny really wanted a third baby, so they had one. Little blond boy named Justin; he's a toddler. Johnny's at college, learning to be the (Captain) hero he wants to be and shacking up with his girlfriend, Ophelia. Ophelia is very friendly with Jenny and Jill. Jill's going steady with Buck, and she's trying to make more friends.

Beaker - It's just work, work, work in that house. They love their dubious careers. Circe's friend Meredith married Nervous.
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 31st May 2014 at 9:06 AM
So,here's what happened to my Strangetown. I'm a happy-and-friendly type, so I have (still) not killed anyone.
Specter-Olive has been very very lucky of her friend Stella Terrano who works in Paranormal.Stella ressurected Olive(5,000 simoleons gone!!!).Olive is now at the start of the elder stage,living with her dear son Nervous and being grumpy with all the sims in Strangetown(PT9 Smith is an exception)

Smith-Jill did go to college and is engaged to Buck Grunt.PT9 and Jenny are still alive dpending time with their grandchildren.
Johnny had came from college and I made him a big and luxurious house(cheat:motherlode).He is now a SWAT Team leader.He is happily married to Ophelia Nigmos(his first and true love,yup they're my fave couple) and they have 2 boys Jake(child) and Jim(toddler) and planning to have more.Ophelia is an Elementary School teacher.I know she always loved kids
She's best friend with almost all Johnny's family.(all,excepting Chloe)
So I must add something.The relationship of Johnny and Ophelia started with one bolt.Later after some romantic interactions there were 2 bolts,and finnaly,when they had their first WooHoo they had 3 bolts.

Curious-Pascal had a alien baby girl named Maddy. Not very soon Vidcund had twins and Lazlo moved out with Crystal Vu and they got married.Now Pascal and Vidcund are in a vacation in Takemizu Village(when you are busy father and scientist,you just need a little vacation).

Singles-In the Singles household,Chloe is the only who remained.So,Lola married Ajay, Kristen married Tank(they're both the athletic and serious types,and had autonomous flirted to each other,so all I did was to agree their choose) and Erin is engaged to Nervous.

Grunt-Buzz is an elder now.And he's living with his son Tank,Kristen and his grandchild Eric.
Buck did go in college and will soon graduate and he'll marry Jill Smith. Ripp is living with his fiance Stella Terrano and their child Richard.And Ripp is cheating on Stella with Chloe.
This guy really likes aliens. (and is best friend with Johnny Smith since his teenage years,and fortunately he has negative chemistry with Ophelia,sorry to say that but I just hate the Ripp/Ophelia pairing.They are just very different,with too different dreams to be together,and if they were that would just end his precious friendship with Johnny,and make Ophelia a miserable life.Just friends is the best)

Loner-Ajay married Lola(I like to nickname her Lollipop ) and they have a cute daughter Mellanie.And Ajay opened his hair salon and Lola is in the medicine career.

Beaker-I didn't do much with the Beakers. They had a baby named Paula, and Nervous escaped of that dubious house, moving with his mother Olive.

HAPPY ENDINGS FOR ALL!!

Signature:,,I'm loving the peace,it is my hobby''
Forum Resident
#185 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 6:35 AM Last edited by KittyCarey : 27th Nov 2014 at 8:42 AM.
After getting back into TS2 with the free Ultimate Collection, I've been having lots of fun playing with Strangetown (and mods. There are so many amazing mods that I never knew about before!)

It's lots of fun reading about what other people have done, so here is what's happened in my Strangetown so far:

Beaker: Circe and Loki are still somewhat abusing poor Nervous, though that's mostly limited to stealing skills frequently and making him clean up. Loki wants a little Alien Subject, so poor Nervous spends every night watching the stars even though he fears getting abducted (not happened yet...). Loki also wanted a baby of his own, so he and Circe had a little daughter Hecate. Hecate is anything but adorable - she's a small, female version of Loki with brown eyes. She has no nice points or playful points, and her favourite hobby is Science.
Updated: Nervous has managed to escape to his inherited house, but was forced to leave his newborn daughter Alien Subject behind. She's now a child, and getting bullied by Hecate. Loki thinks Hecate is wonderful, while Circe is more reserved.

Curious: Pascal had his alien son, Sirius, and Vidcund got abducted, producing a daughter Cassiopeia - now both toddlers. Lazlo decided he wanted to work in Oceanography more than Science, so he's switched jobs and has also fallen in love with Kristen Loste (Singles). Pascal's been abducted again, so there'll be another alien baby soon.
Updated: Pascal had another son, Orion, and then was abducted again and had a third son, Castor. Lazlo and Kristen married and Kristen moved in, and they've just had a baby son Eric (who really sticks out among all the green kids there already!) At some point, Lazlo, Kristen and Eric will presumably move out, but no-one's wanted to yet and they're appreciating the free daycare - there's almost always someone home from work.

Grunt: The General decided he wanted a new wife, who wouldn't run off with anyone else but would stay at home and cook food. He ended up picking Erin Beaker (Singles), who is a Popularity sim like him but with Family secondary. She's currently pregnant with his first child. Tank spent his last couple of days at home training hard, so he got the body skill scholarship to go to uni, while Ripp failed to get any female townies to pay him any attention whatsoever. He finally got his first kiss with Holly King just before he sets of for college. Finally, Buck's favourite activity is playing games on his computer, and has chosen the Pleasure aspiration when he grew up into a teen. The General ignores him.
Updated: Erin and the General now have three children - child Thomas, toddler Charles and baby Laura, the General's only daughter. I decided that Family fitted the General much better than Popularity, so he's been happily teaching his younger sons to walk. Tank has moved in again after finishing uni, and joined the military, but doesn't have many friends. Ripp didn't move back to the family when he finished uni - he lives in one of the Tech Centre flats. Brian is at uni now, studying maths.

Singles: All four girls got jobs (Erin Education, Kristen Dance, Lola Architecture, and Chloe Slacker) although Erin's LTW is actually to be a Hall of Famer. After Erin married and moved out, Kristen got her own flat in the Tech Centre flats (which fit in with Strangetown very well, btw) and started dating Lazlo Curious, while Lola and Chloe lived together two floors below. Lola has no romances yet, but Chloe wants to woohoo 20 sims and has so far managed 3 - and is enemies with her female neighbour - I've no idea how that happened.
Updated: Lola has fallen in love with and married a townie called Lilly Dowling, and they've moved out into a house of their own. They want a baby, so they've asked Johnny Smith to be a sperm doner for Lilly's child, so the baby will be biologically related to Lola as well. Chloe's woohooed 8 men so far, but accidentally got pregnant which may hold her up a bit! She still hates her neighbour, and beats her up at any opportunity, and now the male neighbour (woohoo #2) caught her with another lover and hates her as well.

Smith: Johnny set off for college immediately, leaving Jill at home with her parents. Jenny has been promoted a couple of times, while PT is enjoying his garden. Jill is now a teenager and a knowledge sim, and has just got into private school.
Updated: PT#9 sadly died of old age, after his son returned from uni but before he married, which was sad as he was looking forward to the wedding. Johnny and Ophelia had a lovely wedding, and honeymoon on Twikki Island, and now they have three daughters, toddler Hermione and twin babies Beatrice and Olivia. Jill is at uni.

Specter: Apart from getting Ophelia scholarships for college, I haven't played this house at all. Olive doesn't have long to live, so I'll wait until Ophelia gets back from college next round to play them.
Updated: Olive died of old age, so this is now the home of her son Nervous, now named Mortimer Thanasia. He married Ajay Loner, and they've been extending the house and building a pool.

University: Johnny and Ophelia are brilliant students who mostly keep themselves to themselves - they have to if they want to keep their grades up - or dance together for hours, although Johnny does have a few friends. Tank, a year behind them, still hates Johnny and slaps/pokes him at every opportunity. He never even speaks to any girls, but when he's not jogging round campus (he goes every morning without fail) he's made three male friends - all of whom, surprisingly, were in the secret society. So Tank got inducted, the night that Johnny and Ophelia finally had their first woohoo so I missed most of it watching the cutscene!

I think that's everyone...
Instructor
#186 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 4:54 AM
Curious: Pascal had a son, Ty (alien skin and nose, Pascal's eyes). Vidcund was abducted and was pregnant when he got a call from Circe Beaker, inviting him over. He was never seen again. Unrelated, Pascal eventually obtained adoption rights to his twin nieces, Hedy and Marie. Pascal is still working his way up the Science ladder and raising the three children. Lazlo unexpectedly fell in love with Tara Kat - they are taking things slow, having only just gotten engaged. But lots of kittens!

Grunt: ...Tank was arrested and stripped of his rank after being convicted of the murders of both Jessica Picaso and Johnny Smith (rejection, alien prejudice). The shock was enough to prematurely age General Buzz, who also resigned as a result. Buck is experimenting with a Goth look (and it actually looks great on him!). Ripp grew up badly but was recently hired by the Gavigans to help run with their garage business, not to mention a recent flirtation with Jessie Pilferson.

Singles: Kristen and Lola were another surprising couple (all my couples seem to be surprising!) - they are about halfway through their careers in Athletics and Politics, married and have adopted a daughter.

Chloe is currently working as a Lounge singer, in the Entertainment track. She has fulfilled her LTW of 20 woohoos, living in a lavish apartment and has found a three-bolt love for Mickey Dosser (!?)

Erin...really isn't doing anything right now. She's on my to-play list.

Loner:
Also, Ajay.

Smith: As I already mentioned, Johnny was killed by Tank in a fight. But before that, Johnny grew up, had a great party, was 3-bolt in love with Ophelia, who was pregnant with his child. Jenny and Jill grew up and Jenny fulfilled her LTW. The Smiths are raising Juniper, their granddaughter (who surprisingly does not have green skin but brown eyes and blonde hair, skin tone #2). Poli Tech #9 died of Old Age. Jill had a rebellion phase with Tina Traveller but after being caught by the police, Jill is going back to her good ways and working in Oceanography.

Beaker: Well...Circe invited a pregnant Vidcund over, kidnapped him and Ty. Vidcund, after brutal testing, died in childbirth, leaving behind his twin daughters. Their other test subjects, Nervous and Beauty, hatched an escape plan, killing Loki. Nervous had a change of heart and begged for Loki's life back. Immediately returned, Loki shoved Nervous, furious at the attempt. Vidcund's ghost popped in, killing Loki. Meanwhile, Circe is pregnant. Nervous and Beauty escaped - the Social Worker collected the kids and returned them to Pascal. Circe gave birth to a daughter, Pandora, but she was also immediately taken away. Circe is now being kept in the asylum.

Specter/Subject/Nigmos:
Olive found the near-dead Nervous and Beauty. She revenges them, getting the Social Worker's attention brought to Circe. Olive dies of old age, leaving Nervous as the new caretaker of the cemetery (a job he takes seriously). Ophelia is seriously depressed after Johnny's death/Juniper's birth. She loves her daughter, but leaves her to spend time away getting help.

Goth: Beauty Subject is discovered to be Bella Goth, after suffering severe amnesia from the space-wreck, having Loki and Circe for doctors, and being put under the knife while unconscious.

Vu: After kindly turning Lazlo down, Crystal found an apartment and opened up her own metaphysical store, Room with a Vu.
Mad Poster
#187 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 4:00 PM
Specter: Pretty fast into the rotation, Ophelia moved out to live with Johnny leaving Olive alone. She went on vacation and came back recently. I haven't done anything else with her so far. She invited a child to stay round her house for a few days, maybe I might continue her killing spree, or maybe she could kidnap her and treat her as her grandchild. Both little stories were suggested by people on the 'what did you discover today?' thread

Singles: Kristen Loste and Julien Cook are in a relationship and living in DV with their dog Scout. She's currently pregnant with their first child and I think they're planning on tying the knot soon. Erin Beaker married Chester Gieke and just had daugher Riley Gieke, they also have a dog (can't remember its name, but it's one of the premade puppies in the adoption pool) and live in Pleasantview. Lola recently got married to John Mole and is pregnant with a baby (I think) - they live in DV too. Chloe just gave birth to Abacus Curious (father: Don Lothario) and is the only one of them to be still living in Strangetown.

Curious: Pascal gave birth to baby Fetusoid (boy), and this rotation him and Nervous moved into a house together, after Circe conducted an experiment on them leaving Nervous pregnant with Pascal's baby. Lazlo invited Crystal Vu round with the intention on going on a date with her - but as soon as he greeted her, she went off to kiss Vidcund!! I was like 'what?! ' so Lazlo got mad and instead I set him up with Stella Terrano. Despite Crystal kissing Vidcund - I didn't manage to get them two together, she denied all flirts/hugs/kisses and in the end their relationship got into the negatives so I gave up. Vidcund got abducted, and is now pregnant - he also ended up in a relationship with (the real) Bella Goth! Who is now also pregnant, so Vidcund has two children on the way (or more).

Smiths: Pol and Jenny had another baby - little Jack Smith. He just turned into a toddler this rotation. Jill became a teenager, her aspiration is popularity. Johnny moved out with Ophelia. They're in their late teens and have gotten married, they've both got good jobs and are just trying to save up as much money as they can before trying for a baby. They also have a dog called Maxx.

Ajay Loner: Married Alexandra Teatherton (O'Mackey) and they had a daughter called Gloria Loner this rotation, I can't remember much about her other than that she has tanned skin and I think she has black hair. They make for a cute couple, originally they had a quick fling resulting in a pregnancy, so I moved them in together - but then Alexandra miscarried and that brought them closer, they married and then found out Alexandra was pregnant again.

Grunt: Tank Grunt is in a relationship with Violet Jocque, despite this Buzz has often 'swooned' over her and even flirted with her from time to time. She has 2 bolts with each of them, but she's only kissed Tank. Ripp moved out because his girlfriend (Cleo Shikibu) was heavily pregnant (from a fling, before meeting Ripp) she went into labour and had Ryouhei Sikibu minutes before inviting Ripp to move in. He's raising little Ryouhei as if it's his own. Buck turned into a teenager and rolled for Popularity. He's also bisexual. I'm not sure if I'm going to set him up with Jill Smith or Marcus Baldwin (so far the only gay male, but a lot younger than Buck).

Beaker: Circe just gave birth to baby Bunsen, their newest guinea pig now that Nervous has moved out.

oh and Vu (because the person above has included her^): For some reason she fell in love with Leod McGreggor (weird right? but they're such a good couple despite their different lifestyles), they had ginger twin boys, but I can't remember their names at the moment. I think one was called Howell and the others name began with Ll.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#188 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 8:10 PM Last edited by simsfreq : 27th Nov 2014 at 8:35 PM.
I'm enjoying Strangetown a lot right now

88 Road To Nowhere got a makeover first. The warehouse at the back is now a grungy dance/pool club. It attracts a mixture of geeks, misfits and alternative sims as well as the locals. Picture shows a townie in the Military career (the military base is here too) and Puck Summerdream in the background

With the expansion of the military base, several copycat houses have been built to house the families of military personnel. The Picaso family moved into one when they realised that their old house in Desiderata Valley was too small for their triplets. (The Burbs moved in after them and plan to extend, as they now have two children).

The Grunt household houses a military focused school. Tank has grown up and joined the military. Ripp ran away from home (he's living with Lilith Pleasant and her illegitimate son in Belladonna Cove, but nobody else knows that.) Buck is almost an adult. Jill Smith, now a teen, is the only remaining pupil at the school, but it might serve some of the children of the military families, or be used as a threat by exasperated parents all over SimCity.

Speaking of the Smith family, they are expanding rapidly! Jenny and Tech really wanted a big family, and thanks to the Freetime aspiration perks and ACR, they really took their last chance to have one. Jenny became pregnant with QUADS with about four days to go to elderhood. They are delighted but slightly daunted, Johnny left home to pursue his career in the police Downtown, and Tech doesn't have a lot of days left (but I'll probably allow him as much elixir as he can cram to make up for my ageing hacks which didn't affect him.)

Johnny Smith meanwhile is completely heartbroken in his Downtown flat, though he hasn't yet spoken to his parents. I need to backtrack a little here. Ophelia went off to college to study Philosophy. When her aunt died, she inherited substantially less than she was expecting, but trusting her aunt, felt curious rather than angry about this. Through a university friend studying law, she managed to track down the other recipient of the inheritance - her cousin, Nervous Subject. As soon as she realised where he was being held, she staged a rescue mission. Nervous was, well, nervous at first of this stranger, but when she sang a strange lullaby to him in desperation, some unconscious memory stirred within him and he decided on a whim to trust her - whatever she was offering, it had to be better than this place. They ran away to Downtown, where Ophelia's inheritance (they couldn't get Nervous's from the Beakers without legal assistance) bought them a modest two bedroom bungalow.

During the first day in their new house, getting to know one another, Ophelia realised that her cousin was pregnant. Being an avid reader of scientific journals and a follower of the supernatural, she wasn't surprised or afraid at the concept of a pregnant man, but she worried that Nervous didn't seem aware of what was to come. She tried to prepare him as best she could, being childless herself, and insisted that he read every parenting book she could lay her hands on, knowing that he had no childhood model of his own to draw from. When the baby was born, Nervous followed the parenting books he'd read to the letter and was extremely hands on with his daughter, who they named Heather. He changed to a less alarming hairstyle, and seemed to be gaining confidence. Ophelia felt relaxed enough to start work, and to adopt a dog. She felt confident that before too long, she would be able to marry Johnny and make a home together with him, leaving Nervous to strike out on his own. They even set a date for the wedding, and had discussed moving in with his parents for a while to help them with the quads as practice for when they had children. But then disaster struck She picked up an illness from work and succumbed to it horribly quickly. Perhaps her hypochondria hadn't just been paranoia - either way, she was gone. Nervous pleaded with the Grim Reaper, not realising that if anybody had an advantage with such an ask, he did, but he was unsuccessful. Perhaps Grimmy wasn't feeling the fatherly love that day, or he didn't want to be seen to play favourites. Nervous, Heather, and the dog wept bitterly. After everything they had been through, she was gone. It didn't seem real.

Nervous tried to go on for a few days but it soon became clear he wasn't anywhere near ready to manage the house, a toddler and a pet all on his own. Johnny offered to take Spike off his hands and he gladly accepted. Now it's just him and Heather. He spends his days stubbornly teaching her how to walk and his nights researching online to track down the origins of the strange rhyme that Ophelia had sung to him, she'd later explained it was an old family song that his mother had probably sung to him many times when he was a baby. In turn, both of them had sung it to Heather, and he was grateful for that because now he knew the words, except for how to spell them.

So, that's depressing. Ajay Loner lives alone with a mean-spirited cat and a terrorised parrot. The Singles girls I covered recently in the "What's happening in your game" thread, but as a summary, Lola married Connor Weir in a beautiful outdoor winter setting (Ophelia and Johnny came and were adorable ), they live in Pleasantview, opposite the Goths and next door to the Baldwins, it's sort of a science family quadrant there. Chloe is living it up romancing the entire neighbourhood, Erin moved to an apartment in Veronaville and is trying to keep her photography business going. She also has a small dog, and no money, so barely any furniture. Kirsten is just trying to save money, and they're looking for a new roommate or two.

The Curious brothers all got alien pregnant (I always do this, I'm mean, although they keep rolling wants to go back for round 2...) so they have five toddlers and two babies running around. They're probably going to start a science focused boarding school, because the military school isn't to their liking.

The Beakers... After Nervous was stolen from them, Loki got himself abducted, and then murdered his wife in a rage. He's now looking for a new victim assistant.

Strangetown got pretty dark :/

(Edited to add images)
Screenshots

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#189 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 2:27 PM
Apologies for the thread rez...

Strangetown, I'm on possible my 5th strangetown..

One of the first versions I had involved a truly staggering number of alien offspring. Starting with Pascal who got married to Lola [cant recall the details of how that happened]. He had at least 10 alien kids, one of those was one my all time favorites to play. Aliens are very unique sims, and Washu Curious was no exception. She had her father's blue eyes, but they were huge eyes, I instantly valued her as a sim alot due to that uniqueness which I've never seen in quite the same way since....

Each Curious brother of that version had at least 3 or more alien offspring.. It was a real mess when I stopped playing for whatever reason...

Skipping ahead to the newest version, there's something I've always done in general, and thats to remodel sim houses.. The Smith's just got a complete remodel done, after which I just sent Johnny off to college through the simbin tool. Hoping to get another child out of Jenny Smith before she goes elder... Have had an idea about hooking Jill up with Buck Grunt, sort of a play on Veronaville's main story.

Thinking now of pushing Stella Terrano thru college and moving her with Grunts... May attempt to Marry Stella and Buzz...

Beaker's.. I've always tended to move nervous out in the past. I recall a time where I had Loki abducted. Not sure what I'l do with them this time, possibly remake their house...

Curious Bros... I think I've discovered that it is possible to alter story triggers unintentionally even through house remodeling... I rebuild the Curious house into something that had an elevator that went to the 5th [or 4th?] floor, keeping the same floor space for the top level mostly intact. And then I basically moved them all out... They each have their own places now, Vicund is married to a created sim, pascal has 3 kids now and lazlo has yet to be played much.
Had been thinking of reviving a few of the dead sims, but I dunno anymore on that front...
Field Researcher
#190 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 4:09 PM
@blaqhawk
Don't revive them carelessly! Strangetown is THE most corrupted hood shipped with the game. I posted a thread about ressurecting Melissa Sims (and all of the other dead Sims, for that matter) sometime ago, and got responses on how to do it safely. And even still, it is not 100% safe, even though I haven't ran into any problems while playing those dead Sims. If I find the thread, I'll link it.

EDIT: Here it is! http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...ht=melissa+sims
Mad Poster
#191 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 4:41 PM Last edited by marka93 : 19th Aug 2015 at 6:31 PM.
I went in and fixed all the delete sims and re-linked them to there family and they can all be resurrected but I would not do so for I did not fix the broken face template that a lot of them have.

I fixed all the DNA on all sims but for the broken face templates to help cut down on the corruption that Strangetown is know for.

If you would like to take a look at it here is the link: http://simfil.es/13666/

If you want to use this one and have played Strangetown already you will need to delete the NeighborhoodManager and this will reset it so all the story popups will show.

Be advise that I can not guaranty that this one is any better than the original Strangetown or that it is free of corruption for I have no idea on that but most of the corruption comes from bad DNA (Fixed in this one) and gossip about the dead deleted sims (fixed in this one).

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#192 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 9:29 PM
@marka93 I could fix the broken face template sims but I'm not sure which sims are affected and which sims aren't.

That's why it is probably better to use a clean and empty Strangetown and recreate the Strangetown sims from their clones. Then, they would be safe to resurrect at least.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#193 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 4:45 PM
Yes, strange how the hood half of simmers enjoy playing at some point also seems to be the most corruptable...

I can recall getting Johnny Smith and Stella terano together in my first strangetown.. Trouble was, at that time, game would crash when it came to Stella finishing pregnancy... Hadnt used Stella till recently..
Mad Poster
#194 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 10:09 PM
@Jawusa

This is the list of all sims with broken and corrupt face template, this is all sims in the Sims 2 game. If you can fix the ones for my fixed Strangetown then it will also be cleaned and may be a better hood for it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#195 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 2:33 AM Last edited by Lord St.Croix : 27th Aug 2015 at 8:42 PM.
Here's what I've done sofar

Beaker
Loki and Circe were arrested after Nervous escaped from their house and the news of their torture became public. Loki went first, but Circe went later because she was pregnant and gave birth to a son, Vali. Both of them died in jail during prison riots. After Circe left, Erin moved into raise Vali. She married one of my CAS Stephen Perry and they had a son named Avery. Erin works as a record store clerk. When I last went there, Avery was newborn and Vali is a toddler

Grunt
I wanted to improve Buzz's relationships with his sons and so that's what I did. He and Ripp aren't exactly friends, but they're in good standing. Ripp and Tank are still on bad terms, but I sent Tank to college, so they haven't seen each other in while. Buzz also got remarried to my CAS Milania McMillian, a spy/sniper/government assassin, who moved in with her dog, Scout. They had fraternal twins, Jet and Marine. Ripp also started a relationship with another of my creation, Alicia Trent. Last time I was thee, Ripp went to college and Buck aged up to teen; I gave him the Knowledge aspiration. Ripp intends to join the music career.

Singles
The household broke up as each of the girls went to pursue their own lives. Erin, I already mentioned. Kristen was the first to leave as she married Ajay Loner. They have a newborn daughter named Serena. She works as a team mascot.

Lola married another of my creation, Stephen's brother, Jesse. They have a newborn son named Kyle. Lola works as an EMT.

Chloe lives alone in the house I gave the Singles girls at the start. She had an affair with one of my CAS, Jarred Macguire, and they have a newborn son, Karlo.

Loner
Ajay works as a Law Firm Receptionist. The rest I already mentioned.

Smith
Johnny is in college right now, he intends to join the military career. Jill has aged up to a teen and has the Family aspiration. She and Buck have started dating.

Curious
Pascal had his son, who he named Tycho and who is now a child. I plan on hooking him up with Bella Goth.
Lazlo married Crystal Vu and they have a newborn daughter named Ruby.
Vidcund moved out to marry Natalie Howell, one of my creations. He had alien twins, Zoey and Kitty, and a daughter named Marianna with Natalie. The twins are toddlers and Mari is newborn.

Specter
Olive died shortly after Nervous moved in. Ophelia has gone to college and intends to become a politician. Nervous adopted a dog named Buffy, married one of my creations, Anna Howell, and they have newborn twins, Orcus and Thanatos. Nervous decided to change his name to something more proper, and so he's now Samedi Muenda (Samedi is from Baron Samedi, a voudou death spirit, Muenda is Olive's maiden name). He also published Olive's memoirs as a novel called the Diary of Olive. All the graves were moved to the graveyard I created but they allwent missing right after so I have no idea where they are now. I'm contemplating making him
a wizard. He works as a security guard.

Landgraab
Not a Strangetown native, but I've inserted him into the town's story. Moved him into the main neighborhood and he married my CAS Adela Worthington and had a son, Malcolm V. My plan is him to build a business empire in Bluewater.

Also, a special note for the Beakers. I created a sim named Sandi Saalfield, who was a secretary and fanatical worshipper of Loki. She was shocked when he went to jail and became a guard just to be near him. Before he died, she stole his seed to impregnate herself. She'll give birth to twins who I intend to be Atom and Ceres Beaker (from TS3).

Field Researcher
#196 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 7:42 AM
I play in a Megahood, so some of them are connected to other premades now, but here's what's going on:

Beaker:
Nervous moved back with his mother (see below), while Loki's sister, Erin, and her wife Kristen moved in for a while, but later moved out on their own as well. Loki and Circe are doing great with their careers and also recently had their first daughter, Tilda.

Curious:
Pascal is living with Nervous and 2 children at the Specter house (see below). Vidcund married Florence (Delarosa), and while they do not have any children together yet, Vidcund was abducted and gave birth to a boy named Mars. Lazlo married Crystal (Vu?) and she just recently gave birth to a baby daughter, Katherine I believe.

Grunt:
Buzz married Brandi (Broke) before she gave birth to her 3rd child, and he took them all in - sure, the house was a little crowded, but Tank went to university soon after anyways, and then a little later, Ripp and Dustin as well, so it's not too crowded anymore. Buck is now a teen and Beau is still a child. Brandi's daughter with her late husband, Bethany, is now a toddler, and since both she and Buzz wanted another child, she just gave birth to another daughter (Rachel? I think).
Meanwhile, Tank has graduated from university (Ripp and Dustin are still studying) and while there, he met Jasmine Rai. After they graduated, they got married and are now living in a house in Strangetown while both are working in military.

Smith:
PT stopped being such a lazy-ass and finally got a job (in one of Malcolm Landgraab's shops ) to support his growing family. While Johnny left for college and Jill grew up to a teen, he and Jenny were busy making more children, since they both have the 10 children wish (and PT, since he's also father of Chloe and Lola, is already close to it coming true) So far, they've had twins - Jack/Jake (I'm not sure ) and Jess, then I think 2 more singletons (can't remember their names though, but they all have names starting with J), and Jenny is pregnant again :lovestruc
Johnny has since graduated college and married Ophelia, but they are living in a different sub-hood.

Specter:
Ophelia went to college (and has graduated it and married Johnny, as described above). Meanwhile, Nervous got closer with his mother, moved in with her and even took her last name, so he is now known as Nervous Specter. He married Pascal and has been raising Pascal's alien daughter, Celeste, as his own; she is a child now. He also gave birth to another child, a boy named Oliver, which is genetically his and Pascal's, conceived through the use of advanced technology. Olive is getting old and will probably die in a few days now, but she's been really helpful with the children so far. Also, the whole house got a complete makeover, all of the inside parts were destroyed and rebuilt to be more functional.

Loner:
Ajay moved in Pleasantview and married a downtownie called Christy. They are expecting a baby very soon, probably in the next rotation.

Singles:
Erin and Kristen are now married, and one of them (Erin I think?) is now pregnant through the use of previously mentioned advanced technology They have their own, albeit small, house in Strangetown. Erin works in culinary and Kristen is pretty high up in the ranks in military.
Lola married Darren Dreamer and thus became Lola Dreamer. She lives with him and their baby daughter, Diana in Pleasantview while Dirk is at college. She is currently struggling to juggle her criminal career with motherhood, but luckily Darren is still staying at home painting, so he is the one who has to take care of the baby for the most of the day.
Chloe has been single and enjoying life for a while now, but recently, her romance with recent graduate Gunnar Roque resulted in pregnancy. Since Gunnar has a decent salary due to his degree, they moved into a nice home together in Downtown - where there is still plenty of opportunities to mingle even with a baby at home
Instructor
#197 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 8:18 PM
I started playing a new Strangetown yesterday and I had General Buzz Grunt give birth to an alien daughter (the kids love her, he's slowly warming up to her). I plan on having her grow up to be sorta like a hippie (no war, peace & love, free love, tofu, etc.), challenge Buzz's grumpiness and maybe help him change as a person.
Test Subject
#198 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 2:25 AM
All I really play in Strangetown are the Specter and Grunt families, and sometimes the Curious family. The Beakers, Smiths, and the family bin ones don't interest me very much.

Specter: I've done so much with this one (favorite pre-made family in the game). Ophelia went to college, who is a sophomore now, and I am still thinking about what to do with her. Olive on the other hand, where do I start? I aged her down to adult and changed her aspiration to romance, then I used the Tombstone of L and D to spawn someone into the house. Her name is Mallory Menon, she's planning to get out of that haunted nightmare and marry her boyfriend Jihoon Hsu. I've played that house trying to find every ghost (I've played 19 nights, but Hugh Thanasia and Jessica Ebadi are being real stubborn). Olive and Mallory have also both maxed out the cleaning skill (thanks drowned ghosts).

Grunt: General Buzz is still the town's general. When he's not working out, he's building his relationship with Buck, who is now a teenager. Buck is an A+ student, and has thinned out, but still hasn't found a girlfriend. Ripp is a sophomore in college, he's moved to the Fiesta Hall Dorms, where he's dating 4 girls at the same time (even the cafeteria lady). Ripp has joined the secret society and is pretty much the most popular guy on campus. Tank is a Junior living in the Oasis dormitory, but is kinda boring. He's maxed out his body skill, thanks to his exercise bike in his room.

Curious: Nothing much with these 3. I loved this house before, but I've haven't played them much. All I've done was give them makeovers, fixed their house (all of those diagonal walls really bugged me), had Vidcund get abducted, and Pascal had his baby, Ashley. Ashley is a child with huge eyes.

Beaker: Played one day with them. Nervous waited for the dead of night to make his daring escape. I really just had him move out at 2 a.m. while Loki and Circe were asleep, but they woke up, ran downstairs and waved goodbye to him (so much for a daring escape). Nervous moved downtown got rid of his mohawk, and changed his name to Adam. I'm trying to find a girl for Adam to marry so he won't be stuck with the name Adam Subject. Kinda suspicious if you ask me. Loki spent 3 hours winding the grandfather clock over and over, maybe to see if it'll talk to him, Loki comes across as a bit crazy to me. He later took his experiments upstairs with Circe's help. Long story short, Loki is expecting a mini clone of himself (a baby).

Smith: Haven't touched them. For all I know, they have been waiting for Johnny to grow up for the past 3 sim weeks.

Singles: I moved them into a house, and made it all nice. But haven't played them.

Loner: Still in family bin.
Test Subject
#199 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 12:52 AM
I just restarted Strangetown a few days ago, due to a computer crash and not thinking Sims 2 would work on my new computer for a year. I finally decided to try it anyway and found that with a few tweaks, it runs beautifully, so here goes! I have tried to re-create some things from my last Strangetown, which is posted above, if any of this sounds familiar, but some of it is different. I'll start with the Grunt Family and my old buddy Ripp.

Grunt: Ripp Grunt had a rough life, always being criticized by his father and older brother. It wasn't his fault that he just wasn't cut out for the military-style life General Buzz loved so much! He felt like no one cared about him until he met Lilith Pleasant, of Pleasantview (I attached all of the Maxis neighborhoods except Veronaville to a custom neighborhood so I could have all my sims in one place). Lilith felt the same way about her family, and they bonded over that, eventually deepening their relationship into something more. They eventually went to college together and joined Johnny, Ophelia, and Stella Terrano in a dormitory. Tank, meanwhile, enjoyed his new career in the military, but wanted something more. He went to college just to get out of the house, and struck up a friendship with Klara Vlonderstein at La Fiesta. I'm debating putting them together. Buck is now a teen, and has a little crush on Riverblossom Hills' Jules O'Mackey that I may allow to become serious because I just LOVE getting sims from the different neighborhoods together. That may be the lure of the combined hoods for me. Buzz just kind of does whatever he wants, because I'm never sure what to do with him.

Smith: Jenny kept wanting to have a baby, so I let her get pregnant with quads! Big mistake. Never doing the quads thing again. I had to break one of my own rules and run to the "maxmotives" cheat to get through their baby/toddler years. Johnny moved to college, where he met Stella Terrano. I liked them as a couple in my last game, so I'm kind of pushing them together in this one. Jenny is now a teen, and is an expert on caring for her younger siblings James, Jack, Jane, and Jenna. Meanwhile, PT9 wonders if he has too many kids.

Specter/Nigmos: Olive died soon after the game began as required, and Ophelia moved all of the tombstones to the Gothier Green Lawns because she got tired of living in a haunted house. She moved to college shortly after, joining her former crush Johnny and his new crush Stella. They were joined shortly after by Ripp Grunt and Lilith Pleasant, and as much as she liked her friends, Ophelia sometimes felt like a third wheel. Cue Darren Dreamer, Lilith's original crush, who Ophelia gravitated towards immediately. They got engaged in college and moved back into her aunt Olive's house, which they gave an extensive makeover. Since Ophelia is family aspiration, they're now parents of a daughter named Debbie Dreamer, and she's adorable.

Curious: I love the Curious brothers. I do. None of them are currently dating anyone (though I have it in my head to somehow work Tara DeBateau into their lives when she becomes an adult), but they enjoy having and raising a crop of alien babies. So far they have five. I let them get abducted any time they want, and this just keeps happening. I'm running out of names for them. Nervous Subject comes around a good bit, and is now good friends with all of the brothers, but that's about the extent of their social life.

Beaker/Subject: I can't stand Loki or Circe, but love poor Nervous, so he's the only one I bother with. He recently got a new job, and I'm tempted to let him adopt a kid. He's made enemies with both Loki and Circe, and I'm tempted to kill them off and leave him with the house, but I don't know.

Singles: Had to place an apartment complex down so they'd have room. Everybody got makeovers, because the Singles girls are all absolutely adorable but don't have the right hair or clothes. Kristen Loste has a huge crush on Ajay Loner that was entirely unintentional (it actually happened while I had control over neither of them), so I'm going to follow through with that, but that's about it. Sorry for writing an entire book in one comment!
Mad Poster
#200 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 3:44 AM
It was one morning when Sim Nation Secret Security discovered that Strangetown was totally empty. Well, all the buildings and interior remained the same but all sims vanished, there were even not any reference of them. Their primary thought was that aliens kidnapped everyone, but further investigation showed that they vanished completely.( I used Jawusa's empty template, my sims don't know it- AM)
Now they started to be in hurry to find inhabitants into empty houses before someone else discovers vanishing. Several agents went out to Simland to find sims what match with family name of vanished sims and will be agree to live in Strangetown.
First who they found was super sloppy and super lazy Anti Beaker(family sim). When he saw his new house and entered it, he said: "WOW, I will never go to work anymore." And instead of finding a job he went straight to vacation, met there nice tourist Viola Kalson, brought her with self and married her. Seeing her ugly clothes, he started to learn sewing (arts and crafts hobby anyway).
Second who they found was ambitious fortune sim Wright Curious. He is working now hard to get on top of career, then he will start a family.
Well, and for such a big lot they found a family of three sisters. Blue Smith, an outgoing pleasure sim, Pink Smith, beautiful romance sim and Black Smith, a playful knowledge sim who is different from her sisters and actually only one who cleans in house.Wrigt Curious found Black very attractive and already proposed her.
Young man Dean Specter came from suburb and as popularity sim wanted to know more sims and make friends with them. He was very satisfied with house what he got, found a job of his dreams and started to befriend new inhabitants of Strangetown.
For last house agents found an attractive young man Lay Grunt, a romance sim. So far he has only one sim to go with (Pink Smith) but he believes to find more romance sims in near future.
Secret Security agents are thinking now, did they found right people to live in empty houses. They have feeling that something is not exactly as it needs to be. Something went wrong with service NPC what they found too: Unsavory Charlatan doesn't like pickpoking and butler doesn't like cleaning...
Scratching a head...
Page 8 of 11