Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 3:12 AM
Default Morph mod UV map not sticking
I'm having an annoying problem with a food mesh. I want the half eaten stage to look different in texture, so I moved the UV map for the half eaten morph mod to a different place from the main mesh. Seems fine, but whenever I export it reverts back to the original.

Can you not have morph mods with different mapping from the original or am I doing something wrong?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 10:08 AM
As far as I know you can't have different mapping for morphs. Generally speaking, a morph isn't a separate mesh; it's a set of instructions that the game runs on the original mesh, e.g. move vertex 1 0.03 in X, vertex 2 0.5 in Y. So the map for the morph isn't used.

What you can do is create a plane in your mesh which is hidden in the full state, which is mapped to your bitten texture. Then for the morph, leave the plane where it is and move the vertices which would normally cover it behind that plane, revealing the plane with its bitten texture.

Make sure, when you do this, that you're not duplicating vertices on top of one another, as this can mess up your morph.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 3:13 PM Last edited by Charity : 24th Jan 2017 at 8:19 AM.
Thanks. I'll give that a go.

Edit: And it worked, thanks!