Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 6:50 PM
Default Trying to create custom plate for sims2
It's been awhile since I've been trying to accomplish this. I've been on and off looking through the plate making tutorial. Unfortunately, the tutorial confuses me. However, I am growing frustrated with the plates not showing up in gameplay. As some of you might know, I mostly make sim foods. I have no issue making foods. But when it comes to creating objects, I get confused as to where to place guids. I think the issue of the plates not showing up is a guid issue.

These are my questions...

1. Where to assign the guid when creating the plate.
2. Why aren't my textures showing?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 6:56 PM
Do you mean a default replacement plate for EAxis foods? I don't think you can have anything else - unless you mean you want to make a deco plate.

Replacement plates won't need a new GUID. You'll only need to put the GMDC, TXTR (and the TXMT in some cases), that belongs to the object you're replacing in a new file. Then you replace the mesh with an OBJ, and the texture. Just be aware that there are several meshes, and I think the different foods have separate meshes, so the easiest might be to make a replacement texture.

If you mean you want to make a custom plate for custom food, you'll have to do it in that file. I think the plate or bowl that belongs to the food you extract tags along in the file (but they often use the original textures). I haven't made foods before, only extracted meshes from them, so I don't know the details.

If an object needs a new GUID, you can add it in the OBJD resource. You'll need to be registered, though - and I'm not sure if registering is possible any longer.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 8:26 PM
Moving to Create.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.