Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:12 AM
Default How to install CC on a Mac?
I unfortunately don't have access to a PC and I only have a Mac. I just got Sims 4 and love it so far but I have seen some mods and CC that I was really wanting to install. Do tutorials exist for this yet or is it too new?

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 2:08 AM
Its actually fairly simple, all you need to do is go to a CC wbsite of your choice and download it, you would then place the .package file, In your DOCUMENTS>ELECTRONIC ARTS>SIMS 4>MODS folder..

Just a heads up there has been ALOT of issues with CC on MAC and they are still working on the issue, I recommend GOOGLING Sims 4 MAC CC and there should be a post on it as to how to workaround some of the issues they've been having with CC. There's like a terminal command to override the amnt of CC allowed in MAC. But anyway they are recommending that you not install more than 20 package files so that game continues to run smothly until they fix the issue.

Which is ridiculous since I love my CC
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 3:11 AM
Moving to Help. Please see this announcement: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ims-4-on-mac/p1

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prada_chiq
Its actually fairly simple, all you need to do is go to a CC wbsite of your choice and download it, you would then place the .package file, In your DOCUMENTS>ELECTRONIC ARTS>SIMS 4>MODS folder..

Just a heads up there has been ALOT of issues with CC on MAC and they are still working on the issue, I recommend GOOGLING Sims 4 MAC CC and there should be a post on it as to how to workaround some of the issues they've been having with CC. There's like a terminal command to override the amnt of CC allowed in MAC. But anyway they are recommending that you not install more than 20 package files so that game continues to run smothly until they fix the issue.

Which is ridiculous since I love my CC

Yeah I thought something like that might happen. I did end up finding the mod folder so I'm going to try installing a few things and just seeing how it runs. I only really want a new default skin and eyes so I don't think I will have any problems.

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock