Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1327
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 44 (Who?), Viewed: 14957 times.
Search this Thread
Old 25th Dec 2016, 9:51 AM DefaultMerry Christmas to everybody! #1
Tashiketh
Original Poster

Warrior Gryphon

28 Achievements

The staff at MTS would like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a wonderful time with loved ones, one and all!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
11 users say thanks for this.
[ Click here to view a longer list ]
Old 25th Dec 2016, 10:30 AM #2
deetoxicity
Test Subject

Have a Wonderful holiday!!
Old 25th Dec 2016, 10:34 AM #3
GrijzePilion
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

Don't tell me what to do.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-freeô.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Last edited by GrijzePilion : 28th Dec 2016 at 3:32 PM.
Old 25th Dec 2016, 12:33 PM #4
Mamathulu
Test Subject

1 Achievements

Merry Winter Holidays to you and to everyone on the site - in South-East England, I've been enjoying a busy (and very messy) Christmas morning with my husband, daughter, and two sons (who are both on the autism spectrum), so no time for simming yet, but I may play a bit when we get back from a dinner at my parents' place later. (Although, watching Dr. Who, Bake Off and Call the Midwife may be required along with some eating of cheese and crackers!)
I am very grateful that we have so much to share together, and just having a warm home, lots of lovely food, and a chance to spend some time together is lovely.
I would love to hear how other Simmers are spending their Christmases, especially as we must be a pretty diverse bunch! How are you all spending yours?
Old 25th Dec 2016, 12:48 PM #5
XxCTxX
Field Researcher

29 Achievements

View My Journal

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanza or just happy holidays to all of you lovelies!

I'm spending my Christmas at home in London, England with my mum and sister.

Lots of food to last me the week, so I've got packed lunches ready for work.

Haven't flicked through the telly but I'll usually end up watching some Xmas film.
I'm just grateful I have a roof over my head and a fridge full of food
Old 25th Dec 2016, 3:00 PM #6
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

Mamathulu, those of us in the Southern Hemisphere are in the middle of summer. Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

We spent it at home with our kids and our parent/s and DH's single brother around like we do most years. I decided to go all cold this year so we had cold sliced ham and turkey and I made potato salad, Greek Salad, shredded salad and rice salad. Cold trifle and soft drink and the air con running. I may do all cold in the future since running an oven and doing roast and gravy when it's so hot doesn't make a whole lot of sense. A lot of people on the coast go to the beach for Christmas day.

What Santa does while he's here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 25th Dec 2016, 4:40 PM #7
linesa
Field Researcher

Merry Christmas everyone :D
Old 25th Dec 2016, 4:51 PM #8
CatherineTCJD
Theorist

41 Achievements

View My Journal

Merry Christmas! and Happy Holidays to all from sunny Florida - which, though we're in the Northern hemisphere, it's 80+ degrees out today, bright, and sunny.
Santa arrived some time in the night and filled our daughter's 'sock' with a few of the things she requested.
Hubs has to leave for work shortly after noon (Disney World - where they work while others play *sigh*) So...
...We're not really celebrating until the 29th. Then the G-parents will gather with us and gifts will be exchanged with a feast to follow. We're NOT doing the whole "roast beast" thing this year either - too hot! But, we will be grilling filet mignon in the backyard and sipping chilled nog-of-the-egg. LOL!

I will definitely be spending some quality Christmas time with my simmies later today. (Gotta finish my 2 builds for Phae's Urban Conversion contest!)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
Old 25th Dec 2016, 4:54 PM #9
alljoj
Forum Resident

You have a merry Christmas too! I got a new laptop, so I can play Sims a lot more.

My 4 posts per day average died after I stayed off the site for a month, feels bad man.
Old 25th Dec 2016, 5:07 PM #10
Honeywell
Top Secret Researcher

30 Achievements

View My Journal

Thank you. Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 25th Dec 2016, 5:19 PM #11
ankoyume
Field Researcher

13 Achievements

View My Journal

Thanks and merry christmas and "joyeux noŽl" to you all !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Last edited by ankoyume : 25th Dec 2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old 25th Dec 2016, 6:11 PM #12
alljoj
Forum Resident

Of course, a new computer means...

File transferring.

(merry christmas to mEEEEEE)

My 4 posts per day average died after I stayed off the site for a month, feels bad man.
Old 25th Dec 2016, 7:03 PM #13
GrijzePilion
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alljoj
Of course, a new computer means...

File transferring.
(merry christmas to mEEEEEE)

Have fun with your new computer! I remember the thrill of when I first got started with mine. She's about 4 months old now and running like a charm. Isn't the birth of a baby computer a wonderful thing?

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-freeô.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Last edited by GrijzePilion : 25th Dec 2016 at 7:17 PM.
Old 25th Dec 2016, 7:04 PM #14
Mamathulu
Test Subject

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Mamathulu, those of us in the Southern Hemisphere are in the middle of summer. Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

We spent it at home with our kids and our parent/s and DH's single brother around like we do most years. I decided to go all cold this year so we had cold sliced ham and turkey and I made potato salad, Greek Salad, shredded salad and rice salad. Cold trifle and soft drink and the air con running. I may do all cold in the future since running an oven and doing roast and gravy when it's so hot doesn't make a whole lot of sense. A lot of people on the coast go to the beach for Christmas day.

What Santa does while he's here.

DH? Are you a Mumsnetter by any chance? (I do realise I may sound quite quite mad to those who don't know what Mumsnet is, but I thought terms like 'DH' were pretty much a Mumsnet thing - but I could well be mistaken, so apologies if you're not!
Old 25th Dec 2016, 8:00 PM #15
Inge Jones
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse

20 Achievements

Nah, people use that a lot all over the place, even I do and I am not on mumsnet

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Old 25th Dec 2016, 9:11 PM #16
Kankritty
Scholar

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamathulu
DH? Are you a Mumsnetter by any chance? (I do realise I may sound quite quite mad to those who don't know what Mumsnet is, but I thought terms like 'DH' were pretty much a Mumsnet thing - but I could well be mistaken, so apologies if you're not!

Googles "DH" meaning because I have no clue...

Aside from that, Merry Christmas to all! Nadolig Llawen i bawb!
Old 25th Dec 2016, 9:34 PM Yee #17
HelloSims324
Lab Assistant

4 Achievements

Have a wonderful new year and happy simming! And many mods for the Sims community!!
Old 25th Dec 2016, 9:37 PM
HelloSims324
This message has been deleted by HelloSims324.
Old 25th Dec 2016, 9:52 PM #18
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

I've never heard of Mumsnetter Sounds like mums who like the web? If so count me in!

Dh means dear or darn husband. Depending on your mood! DH is a well known abbreviation on any parenting site.

Mamathulu, shame you don't play sims 2. I also have 1 child with ASD and a long term health condition. (I looked at your profile)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Dec 2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 25th Dec 2016, 10:12 PM #19
sue.simaddict
Test Subject

Merry Christmas to all Thanks for a lovely sims site
Old 25th Dec 2016, 10:28 PM #20
SusannaG
Scholar

Merry Christmas, y'all, from SC, where it's warm (not quite as warm as Florida, but nearly 70, sunny, and gorgeous - our neighbors are mostly out playing touch football), and the leg of lamb is in the oven.

And Santa brought me a new graphics card, so I will be able to run Sims 3 with Seasons!

DH - either the designated hitter, an abomination from the American League (I'm a National League girl), or "dear husband," in several forums I hang around.
Old 25th Dec 2016, 10:30 PM #21
maxon
Now what dammit?

23 Achievements

Merry Christmas everyone

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 25th Dec 2016, 11:00 PM #22
Ghost sdoj
Site Helper

7 Achievements

View My Journal

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or Happy Reserved Seat At The Movies Day, depending on what you do or do not celebrate.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Old 25th Dec 2016, 11:10 PM #23
Bily jednorozec
Test Subject

Merry Christmas (and not only) at everyone and thanks to MTS for being here for us
Old 25th Dec 2016, 11:49 PM #24
Karen Lorraine
Constant Contestant

31 Achievements

Happy Christmas everyone!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Old 26th Dec 2016, 12:11 AM #25
mustluvcatz

31 Achievements

View My Journal

Merry Christmas from MLC's little slice of heaven.. where it's in the 40's (F, not C) and raining.

Section jump: