Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#3276 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 10:14 PM
Clone Baby just aged up to Teen while Daughter is still a teen. Daughter just tried to bake a cake and set the kitchen on fire. She'd just gotten it out and Clone hugged her, I thought it was sweet. Then he rolled the wish to kiss her. You've been raised as brother and sister! C'mon! (Also the first time a teen in my game has shown any interest in anyone sexually ever)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3277 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 6:01 AM Last edited by ChickenMadam : 16th Aug 2019 at 6:02 AM. Reason: adding like, info, man.
Tearing my hair out. that's what's up. LOL. Working on remodelling the No-Tell Motel (needs a destroyed, bloody room sealed off with police tape) and I spent too long messing with it and got the dreaded Error 12 out of memory (so the CLA tells me) crash. ARGH. Then decided to grab a ton of medieval stuffeths for some more set creation for what, maybe 20 pics in this story? I have issues. All of the issues. And some other people's issues.

(and yep, I use NRAAS Saver so.... it's a special kind of arrgh!)

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Theorist
#3278 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 12:13 AM
My game of several months is borked...what a surprise. It might be CC, it might be too many sliders, it might a million things. So you know what that means...new game or reinstall the whole flipping thing. Play Vanilla game plus NRAAS. Have stupid and ugly sims with ugly hair. I'm sure you can all add your favorites.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#3279 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:31 PM
The Deadpool butler was hilarious.

I still have to get back to my game. This summer sucked.

I had this idea of Colonel Sanders, Ronald McDonald, The Burger King and a Chihuahua living in a random house and The Fantanas somewhere else. Actually, because two of the restaurant chains represented sell Coca-Cola product it made sense to work Advertising Icons into my universes sooner or later.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#3280 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:59 PM
Had my first meteor, maybe ever, can't remember having one before.
So we of course had to call the fire department to help with all the fires.
Their advice: "Be more careful next time."
Sure Firefighter lady I will be sure to stop sending my giant hunks of space rock crashing into my property.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#3281 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:51 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th Aug 2019 at 2:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Had my first meteor, maybe ever, can't remember having one before.
So we of course had to call the fire department to help with all the fires.
Their advice: "Be more careful next time."
Sure Firefighter lady I will be sure to stop sending my giant hunks of space rock crashing into my property.

That line of text doesn't make sense with the situation. It's like a wildfire created by lightning and blaming a witness. EA logic at its finest.

Only thing I did recently with my game was turn up the sim detail in options and dressed two characters as Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion.

8/24/2019
Got some progress in the simself-Erik Estrada-Lee Unkrich love triangle. My simself had a better date on her second date with Erik. She also smacked Lee for insulting her. All the while, Andrew Stanton is keeping busy reading books on famous literature in Sunset Valley.

Meanwhile, the Altos disappeared...Gee, how did that happen? Must have been an unfortunate accident...

With the Altos vanished into thin air, five Japanese women with doll like eyes and familiar personality, bought the Alto Villa. 3 had hair reaching past their waist, one of which had a bunny ear and bun pigtails style while one kept hers loose and the other gathered in a bow. One had hers in a ponytail in an updo and one had a blue bob.

They don't know more will join them.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#3282 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 6:17 AM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 28th Aug 2019 at 6:28 AM.
Someone please come and fucking kill me. Last night I finally had both the time and the energy to play TS3 for a bit and do something interesting for once. One small problem: my mouse was being weird and twitchy, and wouldn't register left clicks very well. Not too terrible, but increasingly annoying. Eventually, almost insufferable. Having to click everything 4-5 times because it would randomly decide to double-click or somehow retroactively undo clicks.....definitely some driver issue.....something a reboot would fix. But it didn't. Meanwhile, Windows was nagging about some update - as if I give a shit. I figured I might as well indulge it for once. Not because I had to, but because this mouse thing was starting to turn me into an angry ball of pathetic, mildly sleep deprived rage.

So Windows took the next hour to do whatever the goddamn hell it needed to. It boots back up and......mouse issue is still there. FUCKING CHRIST. Using whatever control I still have over this erratic piece of shit mouse I open my browser to get a driver update, lest I have to phone up Logitech and make them send me a new mouse. A mouse that probably would not arrive within the next 15 minutes. Anyway, fucking suddenly I fucking don't have fucking internet access. It doesn't even try! Something something firewall. Cuts out immediately. Percussive maintenance ensues.

Well, whatever, I'll just go play TS3 with my piece of shit mouse with performance anxiety. Online login unavailable. Please log into Origin offline. With what? I don't know my password. Fuck off, I just wanna play TS3. I really, really don't know my password. And why do I need Origin, anyway? This game is from 2009. You don't need me to use Origin. I'll just delete that for now. Fuck off, Origin, you're almost as buggy and terrible as Steam.

So anyway, that's how I learned I can't play TS3 without Origin. And I can't use Origin without the internet. And I can't use the internet. And it's 6 in the morning, I'm too tired to go do something and I'm too awake to go and have a nap. Is this what madness feels like? But more importantly, why the fucking shitting bloody hell does TS3 need Origin? It's at this point that I realize just how much I regret not getting stoned last night. I told myself all evening. Nobody listened. Now look where it's gotten me.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#3283 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 1:32 PM
Well I bought the packs out that came out before 2012, before 2012. But the rest, I'm afraid, came out after 2012 and I had no means of buying them then. So I'm putting all my faith in reversing this dumb Windows Update and at a glance, it seems to have magically fixed my internet issue.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#3284 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 2:01 PM
Finally got my sim's visa up to level 3 in Egypt and bought some land and built an Egyptian style villa on it with a courtyard on the shore of the river. Realized I had enough attention span to build it and do a preliminary decorate, but not enough to CAST it so everything clashes. But the sims all have the "Nicely Decorated" moodlet because many of the items have an environment modifier. I also need to do the landscaping in the courtyard and throw some potted plants around the rest of the house. Now if only there was a "no water taxi" mod...

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#3285 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 5:48 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if NRaas Traffic could kill those. But I admire your ability to look at a room full of un-CASTed furniture and leave it be.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#3286 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 7:07 PM
The NRaas mod that has the option to disallow boat routing which would include water taxis is GoHere, not Traffic.
Scholar
#3287 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 1:23 PM
Honestly, the walls were more upsetting to me than un-CAST-ed furniture. I find most of the furniture options to be pretty neutral... I just find it silly to take a water taxi when there's a bridge and sometimes they take the water taxi to the bridge and then ride the scooter over.

@igazor If I disable boat routing, would they be able to go fishing on a boat?

Mad Poster
#3288 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
@igazor If I disable boat routing, would they be able to go fishing on a boat?

That may be blocked, you would have to try it out as I'm not sure about user directed. I only disallow boat routing in worlds like Riverview where it just doesn't make any sense for sims to be in boats at all because the waterways are too narrow, they get stuck going in circles when trying to reach a shore, etc.
Scholar
#3289 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 9:03 PM
We've gone on to France now, but I'll keep this in mind!

Mad Poster
#3290 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 1:24 AM
Not much. I haven't much time to play. I'm in the middle of the medical Odyssey that had extended into Autumn's dark veil in the late afternoon.

But, I have been working on the purge and replace of the various characters originally in Sunset Valley with characters from various shows I am a fan of. Anthropomorphized animals will become human rather than remain furryesque. Grumpy Bear will be given looks that match his attitude.

Theorist
#3291 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 6:46 PM
Ulrika and Eliza, the two young adults in my family have been going to college and are home now after the first term. It was kind of fun to play 2 sisters at university. One is a communications major and one is a physical ed. major. Ulrika was picking up a ton of skills and her energy was always high. Her sister didn't do much but study and get a few points for cooking. Neither made many friends and both got Cs. I was reading that University is random with the grades. I don't get it. Maybe it's like life, you have to get a lot of friends and goof off and blow off class but suck up to people and then you get ahead?

Also they both kept hitting on the same nerd guy something Bean. He was a dope but both of them are attracted to him.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#3292 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 4:18 PM
I have a bunch of windows to upload that have been done forever but just the thought of taking all those preview pics is The struggle is real.

I'm also doing a misc deco/general deco clean up and recategorization which resulted in freeing up a lot of space in the catalog... that I later stuffed with more new cc crap cause "omg I can't believe I don't have any good stacked plates/cups/bathroom sponges." It's yielding mixed results overall.
Mad Poster
#3293 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 2:13 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 11th Sep 2019 at 5:25 PM.
I created the 6 main characters from 6teen (6teen was a Canadian cartoon sitcom from 2004 by a group known as Fresh TV, aimed at teenagers about 6 16-year-olds working at the mall. One running gag was Jonesy would have about one day's worth of experience in the field before being fired, constantly giving him advantages and skills basic enough to work.) aged to 32 and escaped from Dark Heart's grasp. The have a mark on their upper backs, all 6 of them, between the shoulder blades.

Have to plunk the 6 thirty-somethings down tomorrow, if I have the time between scheduling my appointments.

9/11/2019
I placed Andrew Stanton and Erik Estrada in the Inner Guardians' Mansion. This left me with Kymchee and Lee Unkrich dealing with the 6 former teens of 6teen.

Instructor
#3294 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 6:07 PM

Working on some glowy shiny bar stuffs cause I have no self control when it comes to stuffing more and more junk into the game. They need some more minor adjustments but I have the attention span of a goldfish with add so we'll see when/if they get finished
Mad Poster
#3295 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 7:33 PM
Oh I like that a lot! I might have to use those, I have a nightclub lot with the same DayGlo colour palette. I'm normally not a fan of the whole high-constrast rave aesthetic but my Reshade softens out the strong hues a little bit and that makes it a lot more pleasing to look at.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#3296 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 5:38 AM
I've only been able to get a little work done on city hall in AnneArbor to add a couch and a TV set.
Scholar
#3297 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 2:50 PM
My founder just died and my heir is due any day now. I'm all mixed up.

Mad Poster
#3298 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
My founder just died and my heir is due any day now. I'm all mixed up.

Wow... that's quite a sticky situation you got there.

Still, trying to figure out how to modernize the mascots of Ronald McDonald, Colonel Sanders, The Burger King, Bob's Big Boy, (I could go with staying true to the image or create stylized versions) Wendy (who I will give the pointed, sarcastic attitude Twitter portrays her having.) and the Starbucks Melusine (I probably would portray her as a mermaid as most people see her.)

My including the mascots along with the Fantanas, came from a meme like fanart from Danish artist humon (although that picture may have been deleted on Tumblr after 12/17/2018).

Either way, they will have a Chihuahua (the representative for Taco Bell) alongside them. So Fast Food Residents.

Then it's a matter of Mayhem, The Most Interesting Man in the World (I technically shorten it to Mr. Interesting) And Flo and Jim, again featured in fanart by humon (except Jim, who wasn't prominent enough yet) the only ones I didn't include were the two Old Spice men: the suave, debonair one and the explosive, aggressive one. I better rework with the traits available.

(I have EVERY EP\SP, including the retired Katy Perry Edition of Showtime and Sweet Treats, so it's a complete kit as far as the default traits.)
So that's Mascot Madness Residents

The Fantanas are usually a group of four, but I have spotted a fifth one, but it may be a fake. It was one wearing blue. But then again, with the number of flavors mapped all over the USA, some overlapping on the map, I may just make the 12 USA flavors. So that Fantanas A, B, and C.

Now that's figured out... it's now putting it together that will be the hard part.

Scholar
#3299 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 8:52 PM
I just reread that and realized I was unclear. The heir is a YA and she's pregnant. Her mother just died. Am I full of anticipation because babies? Or sad because dead founder? All mixed up.

Mad Poster
#3300 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 10:05 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th Sep 2019 at 7:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Ever go through your old screenshots and ask yourself..."Why?" Yeah, it is one of those days.

I sometimes go through my screenshots in the backlog and sometimes a gem pops up out of the number of shots that didn't turn out right like a bad angle, a photobomb from the animals (I've owned 6 cats over the course of my life and that was potential for photobombing at any given moment.) Or a shot you're reconsidering, because you thought it was worth taking a shot and it no longer holds value.

7:22
Spent a good deal of time creating the fast food mascots for Wendy's, McDonald's, Bob's Big Boy, Burger King and KFC. Unfortunately, I don't have a proper hair with accessories for the Burger King's Crown and unfortunately he looks more disturbing that the company made him out to look. How did I do that? How was that possible? Why?

P.S. The Starbucks Melusine will join them, with the Chihuahua in tow...just not in a purse.

2:47
I finally made and placed the Starbucks Melusine and the Taco Bell Chihuahua and the Outer Guardians of Sailor Moon (Haruka and Michiru are married, keeping their names for town record reasons and Setsuna is Hotaru's adoptive mother.)

It was no easy task creating 6 sim life forms while running on fumes. I made a mistake of taking my morning pills in the wee hours of the morning and while in Uncle Gary's old office chair, I almost passed out.

Page 132 of 161