Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 7:20 PM Last edited by vedge : 26th Feb 2012 at 1:12 AM.
Default Hair Texture with Alpha Transparency Issue in Milkshape [resolved]
I apologize if this is not in the right forum. I'm not sure if this is a texture issue or a Milkshape issue.

This is my first attempt at making any kind of custom content. I have taken on franking three meshes (two cc and one EA) together for a personal-use hairstyle. It looks like the mesh itself is fine, but when I apply the texture (which is from one of the original meshes), the transparency is funky.

If I apply the texture as a .png with no transparency, it looks fine, but is blocky. However, when I apply the texture with it's transparency enabled, you can see right through every piece.

The mesh layers are in the correct order and at this point have been regrouped. This issue did show up when the groups were separate, too.

I don't know what is wrong. I've included screenshots of the 3D view in Milkshape to illustrate this problem.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I should mention that I have been using the awesome tutorials from here on Frankensteining, Hair Basics, Hair Transparency and UVMapping to get this far.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 10:17 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
This tutorial might help you:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=414488

Hi, thank you for the suggestion. That helped, finally! When I read it the first time around, I couldn't find the“Transparency>Depth Buffered with Alpha Reference” option noted.
I didn't realize it was on the r-click menu. I think the issue is fixed.

Oh, and one of my groups had its faces the wrong way.