Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 5:30 PM
Question about hats
Just a quick question. What is the standard/accepted way to categorize hats as accessories? I've seen them listed as bracelets, rings, earrings, and even scalp (which REALLY screws things up ). Just curious so I do it the way the community prefers.

Thanks,
~M~

If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:06 AM
I don't think there's a particular standard way, I categorise my hats as earrings which I feel is the best way to go because if you categorise them as bracelets or rings, when you go into CaST to recolour them the camera zooms to a closeup of the sim's hands rather than zooming to their head, so you can't see what you're doing unless you zoom out and recolour the hat from a distance!

I'm surprised to hear that some people categorise them as scalp - I can imagine that would cause some problems!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:39 AM Last edited by whiterider : 16th Jul 2011 at 12:01 PM.
Moving this thread to CAS Parts.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:40 AM
Thanks, Esmeralda I really didn't think there was a standard but I thought I would check.

Whiterider, thanks for moving this. I does make more sense here.

~M~

If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy.